Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Meh.

The only vibe I got was "It's so hard being Superman".

Superman was created in an era where superheroes were characters as deep as the paper they were printed on. Trying to make an actual character out of him seemingly diminishes him.
    "Don't Reboot The Bat!" Keep Going!
    MoS is a PoS.
    Twitter
    The Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly T View Post
    Superman was created in an era where superheroes were characters as deep as the paper they were printed on.
    How is that different from Batman, X-Men, Avengers, and Fantastic Four?

Too much After School Special.

Obviously Snyder caved to the execs to make this safe for mass consumption

I want insane Superman action, his character and his arc and his struggle to "belong" is already known.
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    How is that different from Batman, X-Men, Avengers, and Fantastic Four?

Not much different from Batman at all, but at least Bats has a little more meat on his character's bones to develop.

And you honestly can't see the difference between the DC characters and the Marvel characters as presented at their genesis?
    "Don't Reboot The Bat!" Keep Going!
    MoS is a PoS.
    Twitter
    The Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Waner Bros. has released the first full trailer for Zack Snyder's "Man of Steel" that contains all the gravitas of the teasers and touches upon many of the same lofty themes.
    I'm not sure if 'gravitas' and 'lofty themes' are what I really want from a Superman movie, but I'll go along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    Wow, that is one ugly Superman Symbol.
    No way! That's the best part of the costume (apart from the Big Red Cape). It's got a wonderful Golden Age/Earth 2 look about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Etoma View Post
    For 2 minutes 30 seconds, not a great deal was revealed. Though Jonathan Kent telling a young Clark that he maybe should have let people die really caught my attention.
    Yeah, I'm a bit concerned with their apparent portrayal of Jonathan Kent as a selfish douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    While it is cool to see that they are treating the concept seriously... I was left a bit flat by this trailer. I don't want a boring Superman film. I want something that I come out of the theater spent. And this trailer while good, doesn't hint at it being much of an action film. This trailer left me wanting more from it and the film. I hope the next trailer gives us more of a hint of where it is going regarding the action and the fights.

At this point I am cautiously optimistic.
    I was concerned, up until the shot of Supes in space with the Earth behind him. Then, big grins.

I notice they also managed to get in the obligatory Jesus Christ pose.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Trey View Post
    Obviously Snyder caved to the execs to make this safe for mass consumption

I want insane Superman action, his character and his arc and his struggle to "belong" is already known.
    This seems to be the reversal of the traditional belief that movie execs/mass audiences are interested in splodey-action over character arcs/internal struggles.
    Picture Maker // website // tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    Doomsday would be epic but later, like maybe the third in a trilogy.
    Doomsday is a lame villain created for a lame story, and if I never see his lame, rocky ass in anything Superman-related ever again, I'll be quite happy.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    I always hoped Chloe would turn out to be Lois, liked her much better than Durance.
    I could never understand why Clark would go for the personality void that was Lana Lang when he had such an awesome girl right under his nose. Just one of many things that put me off that show.

People who say there's not gonna be enough action...which trailer were you watching?

Wow, looks great, it seems like they really nailed it with this one, definitely, a midnight viewing for me and my sons.

Don't like the music, like the costume more when it's moving.

Looking good. Superman was the first super-hero I ever cared about back in the early 70s. I didn't like the Christopher Reeves Superman when it came out. He never was Superman to me. The Singer version didn't spark my imagination so I skipped it. This however looks like it might finally be the Superman I connect to. Thumbs up for the trailer at least.

looked good to me, have high hopes for this.
    I Collect 40 ongoing Monthly Titles.
    29 from DC and 11 from Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by stewart48 View Post
    You just stereotyped an entire country made up of many different cultures, I would like to make a judgement of all people from where your from based off of you
    Why? What on earth would that achieve other than to reinforce the stereotype you are refuting. Unless of course you're being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I didn't like the Christopher Reeves Superman when it came out. He never was Superman to me.
    *choke* Whaaaaaaaaa...???