Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    The maine looking stuff was probably because it was Maine(the adult fishing stuff looks like Maine or a Maine-ish looking Alaskan town)
    Yeah, the stuff on the farm looks pretty Kansas-like. The scenes with the adult, bearded Clark most likely take place after he's left the farm and is trying to lose himself in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    Zod again ? At least it's not Luthor. Why not Brainiac, Metallo, or Bizarro ?
    Well, uh...mebbe. Not sure, though. It's been speculated.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I loved that line and the way Costner delivered it.
    That was by far the most interesting part of the trailer.

Man, that was . . . bad. I can definitely see the Nolan influence. Ugh. :(
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, Ghosted, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Mage, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    Zod again? At least it's not Luthor. Why not Brainiac, Metallo, or Bizarro ?

I guess they feel like they have to go over the origin, again, and then go for the first Kryptonian villain since we're focusing on Krypton, but how about some new blood ? Doomsday would be epic but later, like maybe the third in a trilogy. Even better : the Return of Superman and the Rain of the Supermen. Steel, Superboy, the Eradicator - now that would rock so hard !
    -Zod works better in my opinion because Zod is a very one note type villain that also has a lot of connection to Krypton and the aspects of that whole "Stand with your Kryptonian kin or protect the humans from people like us".

-With Brainiac you have to introduce as threat so large that it took down 100's of planets and shrunk some cities into bottles. If Brainiac comes, you need that feeling like an INVASION by a cold unfeeling computer is happening world wide and that superman is going to be pushed to his physical and mental limits.
    -With Bizzaro you have to deal with cloning/alternate worlds, it's hard to deal with those and keep the story serious or at least not over blown. Then there's the fact that you have superman fighting his retarded clone (I'd like to see how conservative people and those who take care of mentally disabled people take that message), unless you do what Smallvile did where Bizzaro is just an evil clone.
    -Metallo is kinda stupid, it's just a guy with a kryptonite heart, you could permit him to a one off, opening, villain. Having Superman struggle with him for nearly 2 hours sounds pretty lame.
    Last edited by Pacifista; 12-11-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Gone

I loved that line and the way Costner delivered it.
    I particularly liked it because, it turns out, Jon didnīt know every answer to everything.

Well, I'll be!.....

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    Amy Adams is a great actress, so I don't see why not.
    Agreed that she's a great actress. She just doesn't seem like Lois to me.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

A pretty underwhelming trailer. Hope they show more in the next one.

Iron Man 3!

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Agreed that she's a great actress. She just doesn't seem like Lois to me.
    I agree. But I wouldn't be shocked if she proved me wrong. I just need to see it.

I agree. But I wouldn't be shocked if she proved me wrong. I just need to see it.
    Outside of the Donner version of Superman what other actress truly captured the Lois character?
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

That was so average it hurt. Seriously, there was nothing particularly good in that trailer. I hope they don't spend too much time on his coming of age story (Smallville made that mistake), but I don't see how they could avoid it. I'm not really looking forward to this movie; I'll go see it, but I'm not expecting much.

Glad they did not show the awful shot of him breaking the sound barrier in it's entirety.

Looks, okay I suppose.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Outside of the Donner version of Superman what other actress truly captured the Lois character?
    I can't say I was all that wowed by Kidder's version of the character, either. Really, my favorite onscreen take of the character came from Dana Delany in the Superman the Animated Series. I thought Erica Durance did a decent job in the last couple of seasons of Smallville (after the show stopped running around in circles trying to avoid advancing toward the S-shield and actually implemented some forward motion storytelling and character development.

Gone

I always hoped Chloe would turn out to be Lois, liked her much better than Durance.

I can't say I was all that wowed by Kidder's version of the character, either. Really, my favorite onscreen take of the character came from Dana Delany in the Superman the Animated Series. I thought Erica Durance did a decent job in the last couple of seasons of Smallville (after the show stopped running around in circles trying to avoid advancing toward the S-shield and actually implemented some forward motion storytelling and character development.
    Yeah I wanted to say Dana Delany aswell but I wasn't sure that would count considering that we are talking about an animated show but regardless Dana got the voice of Lois down to a T. I was put off on Erica Durance at first but she grew on me during the last few seasons when she started to act a little more like Lois than Lois In Name Only. I wasn't feeling Terri Hatcher from Lois and Clark as Lois TBH, there were moments she comes off pretty flat in terms of acting.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck