Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
    lesbian???? she left Paradise Island cause she feel in love with Steve Trevor...now the bondage stuff i wont dispute.
    It's debatable if WW is straight or bi, but Olive Byrne and Elizabeth Marston stayed together after WMM died and it's safe to assume H.G. Peter was gay, so it's not the end of the world if she were to be bisexual. The LGBT audience is very supportive of Wonder Woman and she is a gay icon. DC would be smart to pursue that further.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    and it's safe to assume H.G. Peter was gay
    First I've ever heard of that.

I rewatched the trailer, and I was wondering what role you think Dr. Hamilton (as played by Richard Schiff) will play in the film?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    I see both sides here. Yes, It more like what a real father would tell his adopted son to protect him from what some would want to do to him but we are not dealing with a real person. Jonathan Kent for a good part of his existence and more times then not was a father to always tell his adopted son to always do the right thing that includes saving others. Now with that we had Superboy to fall back on which we don't have here. I'm sure we will see a middle of the road with as Clark gets Jonathan will realize he can't hide forever and it will be Clark's choice to be a Superman or not.
    Which is obvious given where the film is going, based on the trailers. Jonathan's full response is probably that Clark did the right thing, but he's worried about the fallout given that he was seen. And seeing an older, bearded Clark staring at a bus going by indicates that Clark is still fighting the urge to do something. I also wager that something happens while he's a fisherman and that is what starts to set him closer to his path of becoming Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa
    Sorry but I cannot think much of a Pa Kent who would even consider encouraging his superpowered son to let his friends and classmates die when I know there are people in the real world who will literally jump in front of bullets to save kids.
    Maybe. Maybe not. We may think we have that capacity, but until we're actually tested, we will never know. But what we do know with the fictional Clark Kent, is that if he keeps doing that, he's going to be captured and taken away. He's already been seen once. If he keeps doing that, he puts himself and his parents in danger. There is no Superboy and Superman is still a few years away.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    I rewatched the trailer, and I was wondering what role you think Dr. Hamilton (as played by Richard Schiff) will play in the film?
    Hopefully as a sympathetic ally. His evil-turn in the DCAU made for a very compelling story, but at the same time, I was sorry to see a character created to homage my second-favorite Superman writer of all-time used as a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    Hopefully as a sympathetic ally. His evil-turn in the DCAU made for a very compelling story, but at the same time, I was sorry to see a character created to homage my second-favorite Superman writer of all-time used as a villain.
    He seems to be working with the military, but I wonder if he'll be a friend. Perhaps he'll initially cooperate with the government's plan but ultimately facilitate Superman's escape and mission.

First I've ever heard of that.
    His real last name was Roth, and he lived with another man, a sculptor whose last name (Peter) he signed to his work, and he lived in San Francisco. So I would think that was the case. Not that it bothers me at all, of course.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

In the show, he wasn't really evil. Like Waller, he was just overly cautious and highly skeptical of someone he once trusted. As Ruin, on the other hand, that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    His real last name was Roth, and he lived with another man, a sculptor whose last name (Peter) he signed to his work, and he lived in San Francisco. So I would think that was the case. Not that it bothers me at all, of course.
    I never knew anything about the guy beyond his name and the fact he is my favorite Wonder Woman artist basically from a list of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    In the show, he wasn't really evil. Like Waller, he was just overly cautious and highly skeptical of someone he once trusted. As Ruin, on the other hand, that's a different story.
    It's not that Hamilton didn't have legitimate concerns; it's how he chose to respond to them. His fear led him to make evil choices. Murder, for one. You can't overlook that. Just because General whatshisname wasn't particularly sympathetic doesn't mean it wasn't murder. And Hamilton created essentially a daughter, but treated her like a thing. Even when she clearly felt like a daughter towards him and tried to show him affection. His behavior in JLU is indefensible.

I never knew anything about the guy beyond his name and the fact he is my favorite Wonder Woman artist basically from a list of one.

It's not that Hamilton didn't have legitimate concerns; it's how he chose to respond to them. His fear led him to make evil choices. Murder, for one. You can't overlook that.
    A lot of things are the result of fear. That's how we exist as a society.

Just because General whatshisname wasn't particularly sympathetic doesn't mean it wasn't murder.
    Hardcastle was also a liability because of his knowledge and his loose cannon actions. True, Hamilton did give the order, but it was probably coming all the way from the top. Look at what the government would do in this situation.

And Hamilton created essentially a daughter, but treated her like a thing. Even when she clearly felt like a daughter towards him and tried to show him affection. His behavior in JLU is indefensible.
    That doesn't make him evil for not treating her as anything other than what she was. As to defensible, neither was the League's own actions defensible. They were both in the right and wrong for what they did.

A lot of things are the result of fear. That's how we exist as a society.

Hardcastle was also a liability because of his knowledge and his loose cannon actions. True, Hamilton did give the order, but it was probably coming all the way from the top. Look at what the government would do in this situation.
    Murder is murder. It is so freaking illegal for the government to sanction the assassination of someone who is not only a US citizen, but a decorated soldier, that it's ridiculous. I don't get what you are even trying to argue here. "Sometimes, illegal murder is okay?" Even if you assume the order came from the top -- which given off-the-books Cadmus' involvement, is kind of a leap -- that doesn't mean anything. It doesn't excuse Hamilton from carrying out the murder. "I was just following orders" has never saved anyone at a war crimes trial. In any case, Hamilton wasn't even part of the military.

And none of the Justice League's actions were indefensible. They rescued people illegally kidnapped and detained who were being tortured. The only hard to defend action was the Question's, and he distanced himself from the League before taking action.

That doesn't make him evil for not treating her as anything other than what she was.
    She was alive. She was sentient. She was a human being.

Murder is murder. It is so freaking illegal for the government to sanction the assassination of someone who is not only a US citizen, but a decorated soldier, that it's ridiculous. I don't get what you are even trying to argue here. "Sometimes, illegal murder is okay?" Even if you assume the order came from the top -- which given off-the-books Cadmus' involvement, is kind of a leap -- that doesn't mean anything. It doesn't excuse Hamilton from carrying out the murder. "I was just following orders" has never saved anyone at a war crimes trial. In any case, Hamilton wasn't even part of the military.
    The top of Cadmus, not the White House. As to the rest, that's why it was Galatea that did it. To put the blame on the League and to keep them off track.

And none of the Justice League's actions were indefensible. They rescued people illegally kidnapped and detained who were being tortured. The only hard to defend action was the Question's, and he distanced himself from the League before taking action.
    Putting Doomsday in the Phantom Zone, which upset Bruce and having the laser weapon, without consulting with the government first.

She was alive. She was sentient. She was a human being.
    No different from training people to be killers, in service of the government.

Just a different angle, but this pic is supposedly newly released.

If not new, oh well, here it is again, then.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Just a different angle, but this pic is supposedly newly released.

If not new, oh well, here it is again, then.
    Cavill has a giraffe neck. Damn it's long.

Heh, yeah, it's not the best pic of Cavill, but whatever.

He's also looking a little pale. It's unfortunate that he gets power from the sun, but that he can't get a decent tan.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor