Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Some people thought it might be Lane but others said its another woman.
    Last edited by zryson; 12-12-2012 at 09:15 PM.

I wonder how they will handle Clark Kent in the movie? Will Cavill be able to pull off a believable CK? Or will it be the same voice, same posture like Routh did with his CK in Superman Returns? One of the things that made the Reeve Superman so great was his duality in the role, the way he moved differently and altered his voice.

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Some people thought it might be Lane but others said its another woman.
    Thanks. So we are not sure about this yet?
    Rehire Grant Morrison for Superman.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.
    Keep Scott Lobdell in Superverse forever.
    5.7 Million Likes. Please contribute for more: https://www.facebook.com/superman

I wonder how they will handle Clark Kent in the movie? Will Cavill be able to pull off a believable CK? Or will it be the same voice, same posture like Routh did with his CK in Superman Returns? One of the things that made the Reeve Superman so great was his duality in the role, the way he moved differently and altered his voice.
    I don't know but I'm really concerned that they will skip it entirely.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

some people say its a co-worker from the planet

Got to chat in person with a group of sci-fi fans today and naturally the topic of conversation (well one of them, anyways) was the MOS trailer. Opinions ranged from I really like it, to not so convinced. Other people remain unconvinced the Nolan type Batman would be compatible with the Superman from MOS and both of them in the Justice League. Others think Warner are rushing the projects since Marvel superheroes have dominated the big screen to such massive success. For myself, I think the trailer is okay, but there isn't a lot of substance to the last part of it. Its basically just quick scenes with operatic type of music. Most of the stuff that will make or break the movie remains yet to be seen.
    this has been in production since forever, i dont know how anyone would think that this movie was rushed.

Forever isn't since 2008. Though it can seem like it sometimes if you are referring to MOS.

If this movie is received really well critically do you guys think Snyder will be called in as the JLA director?

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I haven't really weighed in on Jonathan's line yet, because I'm undecided about it. In general I agree with those who point out that we don't see enough of the scene to make any good judgments about what's being said or implied here.

However, I do question the stance that this is an example of a father protecting his son, and that this sort of uncertainty is what any loving parent would express to their child under the circumstances. There's a couple of problems I see with this line of thinking.

One, I'd like to think that parents would express to their child that they should do the things that are within their abilities to help others. Be careful, don't take on more than you can handle or put yourself in danger, but don't shirk from giving aid if it's within your abilities to do so.

Two, this isn't any parent. This is Jonathan Kent. He is more than other parents are, just as Superman is more than other men are. Jonathan should be Clark's inspiration to be super, always and unwaveringly. It may be more realistic for a human parent to be uncertain about how absolute to approach the issue of morality, but Jonathan Kent is not just any human parent. He is every bit as special as Clark is. If this scene should turn out to be one that displays moral ambiguity on Jonathan's part, then I think it does the character a disservice.

Positing that such a scene would make Jonathan more real seems to me to edge too far away from the comic book origins of the story. It's like being critical of Batman for taking on nine year old partners to do battle with serial killers. Any sane parent or guardian would know better. But Bruce Wayne isn't any parent or guardian. He's Batman, and this is part of what makes him special.
    See I don't really agree on that. Ma and Pa Kent are definitely very good and moral people, but they are also very human. To me, we already know what sort of parents Ma and Pa are in the new movie. Obviously very good ones, if they weren't then Clark would have just flown off and left the kids to drown. He saved them because of the upbringing Ma and Pa gave him, that's a given.

Until we get more context from this scene, I am definitely in the "he is showing concern for his son" camp. Or perhaps about to go into a speech about how saving people is good but he needs to also have his own life...or that he can't save everyone..or any number of other things.

One thing I always liked about the idea of Ma and Pa dying in the silver age was the idea that it was the final lesson for Superman that he could never save everyone, but he still needed to try. It taught him that he couldn't do anything, even he had limits. Perhaps this scene with Pa will tie into that somehow.
    Life looks better in black and white.

Synder for JL? No. Too risky. You want somebody with a longer proven successful track record for that. Especially when you are combining some of the most iconic superheroes of all time.

I strongly disagree. Rouths CK was clearly different from CK on the farm and Superman. Though it would have helped is Superman was the start of his own movie......................CK had two scenes.

Not going to wade through hundreds and hundreds of posts, but this trailer is phenomenal. Just absolutely amazing. It looks like they completely nailed this movie. I hope it truly does deliver. I like absolutely everything that I'm seeing here.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    You know something is wrong when I'm in complete agreement with misslane.
    Heh, I was thinking the same thing the other day. I guess the Man of Steel has a way of bringing certain people together (while alienating others).

Synder for JL? No. Too risky. You want somebody with a longer proven successful track record for that. Especially when you are combining some of the most iconic superheroes of all time.
    I don't know, if MoS does exceptional well, they may just reach out to him. Out of his 6 directing credits, 5 are with Warner Bros., and 3 of those are Comicbook movies -- so I doubt there's a question of trust. If MoS does the right numbers, I bet WB will at least consider him for it.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Heh, I was thinking the same thing the other day.
    Me, too. I had to go back and check my math.