Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 795
  1. #451
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1996
    Posts
    9,932

    Default

    Re: Supermusic.

    I know that we've heard very little of the music from the film so far, and I also know we're past the John Williams era of Supermusic, but I do hope there will be a similarly rousing musical theme associated with the movie.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

    phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

    Get it right, people.

  2. #452
    Elder Member Mat001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
    There are a few things that keep me from being excited about this movie:

    1) I despise the color filters over everything. I've said before that this film looks to me like it was shot with instagram. For example, the scene of him floating in the water. I'm so sick of everything being blue and orange. Just a personal choice, but bearded Clark walking in the town looking at the bus. Ugh. Couldn't any of this movie look like real life?
    What's wrong with real life? Clark's journey in the comics, when Superboy was not part of the equation, had him traveling the world. "Birthright" even had Clark get on a bus to leave town.

    2) Clark not knowing himself. Birthright is my favorite origin story. I love Clark traveling the world helping people until they become scared and then he moves on. I love him wrestling with the lion. I love him emailing his mother about all of the wonderful things he's experienced. It makes me happy to see him enjoying his gifts and all he has to offer. Hiding? Running from who he is? That's not the Clark I want to see. Of course Nolan and crew feel that makes him "relateable" but he's not relateable. I cannot relate to a man that can fly through the sun, shoot lasers out of his eyes, or lift a billion times the weight of the earth. I just can't. I also don't want to. I want to be inspired by him. I want to be a better man because of him. I don't want to look at the screen and go "hey people have been scared of what I can do before to! I understand how he feels!" I don't want to see the Clark that saves a school bus of kids then goes and plays deadliest catch until some larger event makes him think "well huh."
    He's hiding because that is what he does when he becomes Clark Kent. He's hiding who he is from the world. Nor is he running from who he is. He's trying to figure out what it is that he has to do with himself. Which he did in "Man Of Steel" and "Birthright".

    4) "Maybe." I'm sure this line is going to be followed with "Maybe. Maybe God's plan was for those kids to die. Maybe you saving them was against God Clark. Either way, I don't want the world to come take you away from us." As a father I can appreciate wanting to keep your kids safe. However, I've told my daughter on countless situations to stand up for those who can't and fight the bullies that try to hurt others. I've never told her to not help because she herself might get hurt. That's the thinking that lets others die while you sneak safely away. I would have preferred "What was I supposed to do Pa, let them die? No son. But you have to be careful. Me and your Ma don't want to lose you either."
    Your daughter isn't an alien from another planet, that can bench press a truck, now is she? Jonathan's maybe is because he doesn't have the answers. Makes sense. There is no Batman here. No JSA. There is only Clark and Jonathan trying to figure it all out.

    5) Non trailer related: Everytime they interview someone and that actor says "Oh they told me not to worry about living up to a standard because this is an entirely new take. I don't have to dye my hair or dress a certain way because this is an entirely new take" I want to see this movie less and less. I can appreciate moderninzing it for a new generation. I can appreciate putting your spin on the 70+ year story. I don't want to see Lois Lane with red hair. I don't want to see Clark in jeans and a messenger bag.
    Lois had auburn hair in the comics between 1986 and 2000. Noel Neill was the same way. Erica Durance had sandy brown hair. Clark has worn jeans in the comics, as well.

  3. #453

    Default

    There are a number of people who won't want to see the film due to not being able to let go of the Donner version. But they'll still spend time stripping down any new version telling everyone whats wrong with it.

    I feel a bit sorry for people who have that view, I was let down by Superman Returns, but I'm going to remain optimistic, and I'm just happy we're getting a fresh take and some proper alien action.

  4. #454
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The True North, strong and free!
    Posts
    2,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    I'm think more along the lines of Birthright which the movie is heavily influenced by.
    Nu-uh.

    We got a young Clark who suffers from his emerging powers, parents who care about concealing the secret first and foremost from a world that will surely despise their child's potential, Clark's wanderlust as he tries to find his place in the world through different vocations and then after the choice to be a hero is made, he's confronted by the Army and even smashes up a bank vault door.

    It's Gladiator, baby, first and foremost then it's Smallville with a touch of Fleischer color scheme and Reeves non spit-curl hairstyle, IMnsHO.

    You gotta read Gladiator, man. You will love Superman more for it because Hugo Danner's tale is so tragic by comparison. It's like "What If Superman existed in the Marvel Universe?" and that's definitely the vibe I get from this trailer.

  5. #455
    Senior Member Tra-EL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zod2304 View Post
    There are a number of people who won't want to see the film due to not being able to let go of the Donner version. But they'll still spend time stripping down any new version telling everyone whats wrong with it.

    I feel a bit sorry for people who have that view, I was let down by Superman Returns, but I'm going to remain optimistic, and I'm just happy we're getting a fresh take and some proper alien action.
    Baffling to me. This should be exciting from the sheer fact that this is OUR time. This is finally the new Superman-era. Our fanbase is going to be getting a movie that is considered to be THEE movie of the summer, or possibly, of the YEAR. ALL eyes on us. We can now gloat for OUR movie.

    I know that everybody doesn't share my same optimism and pure JOY of this time because we are all different people with different views, but it makes me sad that people won't watch a SUPERMAN movie no matter how it is. That's the problem sometimes with some within a fanbase. They feel something new and on edge should owe them something. Little do they know, they MAY miss out on watching this on the big-screen and something in there that would satisfy them immensely.

    To me, the debbie-downers is kind of like going out with a HUGE group of friends within a HUGE celebration, but there's always that one friend that you're glad is there, but is the one in the corner yawning, rolling their eyes and looking at their watch just to be a downer, which, in turn, effects your good time ever so slightly.

  6. #456
    Senior Member misslane38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
    I don't want to see Lois Lane with red hair.


    Last edited by misslane38; 12-12-2012 at 02:21 PM.

  7. #457
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    Baffling to me. This should be exciting from the sheer fact that this is OUR time. This is finally the new Superman-era. Our fanbase is going to be getting a movie that is considered to be THEE movie of the summer, or possibly, of the YEAR. ALL eyes on us. We can now gloat for OUR movie.

    I know that everybody doesn't share my same optimism and pure JOY of this time because we are all different people with different views, but it makes me sad that people won't watch a SUPERMAN movie no matter how it is. That's the problem sometimes with some within a fanbase. They feel something new and on edge should owe them something. Little do they know, they MAY miss out on watching this on the big-screen and something in there that would satisfy them immensely.

    To me, the debbie-downers is kind of like going out with a HUGE group of friends within a HUGE celebration, but there's always that one friend that you're glad is there, but is the one in the corner yawning, rolling their eyes and looking at their watch just to be a downer, which, in turn, effects your good time ever so slightly.
    I really hope the movie is successful. Amazing Spider-Man grossed 700k+, so this needs to do even better at the least. Hopefully Nolan's name pulls in numbers.

  8. #458
    Elder Member Free-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27,275

    Default

    And since when are jeans some sort of modern invention?

  9. #459
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Jeans + button shirt + messenger bag is how most college students look, at least where I live.

  10. #460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    Baffling to me. This should be exciting from the sheer fact that this is OUR time. This is finally the new Superman-era. Our fanbase is going to be getting a movie that is considered to be THEE movie of the summer, or possibly, of the YEAR. ALL eyes on us. We can now gloat for OUR movie.

    I know that everybody doesn't share my same optimism and pure JOY of this time because we are all different people with different views, but it makes me sad that people won't watch a SUPERMAN movie no matter how it is. That's the problem sometimes with some within a fanbase. They feel something new and on edge should owe them something. Little do they know, they MAY miss out on watching this on the big-screen and something in there that would satisfy them immensely.

    To me, the debbie-downers is kind of like going out with a HUGE group of friends within a HUGE celebration, but there's always that one friend that you're glad is there, but is the one in the corner yawning, rolling their eyes and looking at their watch just to be a downer, which, in turn, effects your good time ever so slightly.
    I think some people some how see it as a threat to their favourite film, a threat to their childhood or something. I just find it sad, what Superman fan doesn't want to see something new?

    I think it looks very promising, I'm honestly not bothered about the colours, the lack of trunks or whatever, I think that classic look is too campy and too dated and simply wouldn't transfer well into a more serious film, but thats just my (and the film makers obviously) opinion. I have no problem with it showing Superman someone struggle initially either, as long as we get his kicking ass with lots of great action, alien on alien, no stopping bank robbers and spying on Lois.

    I wish more people shared my optimism but lots of people have different ideas of how this film should be, and some simply won't accept anything that doesn't match their ideal template.

  11. #461
    Blue Boba ABH-1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,641

    Default

    Didn't she also have red-tinted hair in the '90s comics?


    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

  12. #462
    I'm Right, You're Wrong King Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    453

    Default

    I don't want to see Lois Lane with red hair.
    You already have seen a redheaded Lois (Noel Neill in the Kirk Alyn serials and the George Reeves series, Lois on and off in the newspaper strips and Byrne-Jurgens era comics). It's not new. I can think of stuff the comics and the Donner Cut of Superman II did that was far more damaging to Lois than a hair color variation.

    I don't want to see Clark in jeans and a messenger bag.
    Um...the days of three-piece suits at the workplace are over. What's Clark supposed to wear, if not current fashions?

    Of all the things that could be wrong with this movie, these don't even rate as concerns.

  13. #463
    Be Right Back... Spike-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Just above Tasmania
    Posts
    34,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ntikrst View Post
    It's hard for non-parents to understand, but Pa Kent is no douche bag. Raising children should fundamentally change our perspective but they'll understand one day when they have some of their own.
    I have two of my own, actually. And yeah, "selfish douchebag" was a tad harsh. That was just my immediate emotional reaction to hearing that line come from Jonathan Kent, of all people. But having given it a bit more thought, and having read other people's interpretations of that scene, yes, I'm sure there was more to that "Maybe..." than it immediately sounds like. At least, I hope there was.

    One word is not a scene, and I was a lil' quick to jump the gun in judging that whole scene by one word.
    Last edited by Spike-X; 12-12-2012 at 04:21 PM.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

  14. #464
    Be Right Back... Spike-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Just above Tasmania
    Posts
    34,892

    Default

    I don't want to see Lois Lane with red hair.
    I don't want to see Clark in jeans and a messenger bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Krypton View Post
    Of all the things that could be wrong with this movie, these don't even rate as concerns.
    I second that. I can't believe how worked up some people get over the tiniest little nitpicky details.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

  15. #465
    Member Judge-Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Re: Supermusic.

    I know that we've heard very little of the music from the film so far, and I also know we're past the John Williams era of Supermusic, but I do hope there will be a similarly rousing musical theme associated with the movie.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I have trust in Hans Zimmer.
    Pull list: Aquaman, Batman, Batman Inc, Green Lantern, Justice League, Superman Unchained, JLA

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •