Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    The did spoil a bit of the Fight of Iron in the Woods and then Thor's Hammer coming down on captain america's shield.
    Huh, I think you're right; must've forgot that was in the trailers.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    Tonight, I'm going to watch Superman Returns and smile at every embarrassingly bumbling moment the film produced because without them, I would have NEVER witnessed the greatness of today's trailer and the jaw-dropping images of Henry Cavill in the suite. THAT is my Superman I've longed for way before SR and I actually got it!

I can now put SR behind me for good. I will now view it as an appreciative effort and respect it because its a lore in Superman history, but that's where it will end and where a new franchise of excitement begins!
    You were born after the Reeve movies Tra-EL ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    You were born after the Reeve movies Tra-EL ?
    I was born in '88. I'm turning 25 in March. I grew up on Superman. Everything Superman. All my VHS tapes are destroyed. Til this day, when my family hears the John Williams Superman theme, they get ill because that's all I did was sit in front of the T.V rewinding it non-stop. When I saw the laser in the new trailer, it brought me to tears. I wore out my Fliesher cartoons. When he's facing those robots and then punching that laser-beam is possibly one of my all-time favorite moments in my Superman lore in the cartoons. Cavill kind of reminds me of a Fliesher-look.

I had wet-chills when I entered SR and the movie theater. I heard the Williams theme again and about let everything go in my pants. But seeing Routh use the same exact lines from Superman: The Movie, the embarrassing spit-curl and that God-awful costume, spying on Lois & the Super-kid, I tried to hide my disappointment for all these years.

Then the Bat-franchise hit. I always liked Batman, but I always found myself leaving the theater jealous of hardcore Bat-fans because I longed for Superman to give me a thrill. Even in the comics, year by year, I had to read through sleeper-stories but I never missed a comic in years. I have a half-sleeve tattoo of Superman and turning it into a full-sleeve.

This trailer did it for me. That 2:30 was something I've been waiting for since I was a little kid in my diapers watching Reeve rip open his shirt. Now as an adult, I wanted to see more from Superman and the franchise. I'm proud to be a Super-fan, but this is one of the most fun I've had by being one in a long, long time!
    Last edited by Tra-EL; 12-12-2012 at 10:25 AM.

It is nice to be optimistic for a superman film. I loved Superman 1 and thought Superman 2 was pretty good (with the later released donner cut being great), but after 3 and 4 they really should have just put that series to bed and rebooted instead of continuing with Returns.

Actually, does anybody know how far into production Returns was when Batman Begins was greenlit? Back to back reboots of their 2 most popular characters seems like kind of a no brainer, even if they weren't thinking about the whole shared universe thing.
    Last edited by Whip Whirlwind; 12-12-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    It is nice to be optimistic for a superman film. I loved Superman 1 and thought Superman 2 was pretty good (with the later released donner cut being great), but after 3 and 4 they really should have just put that series to bed and rebooted instead of continuing with Returns.

Actually, does anybody know how far into production Returns was when Batman Begins was greenlit? Back to back reboots of their 2 most popular characters seems like kind of a no brainer, even if they weren't thinking about the whole shared universe thing.
    I believe it's the other way around. WB had been trying to make a Superman movie for years, true, but the specific incarnation that is Returns probably didn't start production until well after Begins's production started, since Chris Nolan was hired in 2003 and Bryan Singer in 2004, over a year apart.
    Last edited by Last Son; 12-12-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    I was born in '88. I'm turning 25 in March. I grew up on Superman. Everything Superman. All my VHS tapes are destroyed. Til this day, when my family hears the John Williams Superman theme, they get ill because that's all I did was sit in front of the T.V rewinding it non-stop. When I saw the laser in the new trailer, it brought me to tears. I wore out my Fliesher cartoons. When he's facing those robots and then punching that laser-beam is possibly one of my all-time favorite moments in my Superman lore in the cartoons. Cavill kind of reminds me of a Fliesher-look.

I had wet-chills when I entered SR and the movie theater. I heard the Williams theme again and about let everything go in my pants. But seeing Routh use the same exact lines from Superman: The Movie, the embarrassing spit-curl and that God-awful costume, spying on Lois & the Super-kid, I tried to hide my disappointment for all these years.

Then the Bat-franchise hit. I always liked Batman, but I always found myself leaving the theater jealous of hardcore Bat-fans because I longed for Superman to give me a thrill. Even in the comics, year by year, I had to read through sleeper-stories but I never missed a comic in years. I have a half-sleeve tattoo of Superman and turning it into a full-sleeve.

This trailer did it for me. That 2:30 was something I've been waiting for since I was a little kid in my diapers watching Reeve rip open his shirt. Now as an adult, I wanted to see more from Superman and the franchise. I'm proud to be a Super-fan, but this is one of the most fun I've had by being one in a long, long time!
    That's cool bud. Hope you get everything you are looking for in this film. We may not always agree on the same things as fans but we are all that just that fans and from what you told me you are a fan with a lot of passion for Superman. I always consider that a true fan and one I could always respect.

I don't always come across as a nice guy or one who listens to those I disagree with but it is actually the opposite. I may not always agree and sometimes I get to pushy but that is because of the passion I have for the character. I have since as long as I could remember.
    Last edited by Lexrules; 12-12-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    I believe it's the other way around. WB had been trying to make a Superman movie for years, true, but the specific incarnation that is Returns probably didn't start production until well after Begins's production started, since Chris Nolan was hired in 2003 and Bryan Singer in 2004, over a year apart.
    That's odd. I guess at the time they had no idea how huge Begins was going to be. Still though, the decision to continue a series that was for all intents and purposes put on hiatus due to poor reception seems really stupid.

BANNED

Ahh.. Cavill like every other Clark Kent will be wearing glasses.
    Just like every Superman wears his underwear on the outside...right?

I doubt Clark is going to even set foot in the Daily Planet or put on any glasses until the end of the movie, if at all. Snyder is brilliant for avoiding that, the less similarities to StM the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    That's odd. I guess at the time they had no idea how huge Begins was going to be. Still though, the decision to continue a series that was for all intents and purposes put on hiatus due to poor reception seems really stupid.
    I've heard they actually had plans to make a shared universe during the 90s. Val Kilmer and Dean Cain were good friends too, but the plans fell through and all you got was that throwaway line in Batman & Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntikrst View Post

I doubt Clark is going to even set foot in the Daily Planet or put on any glasses until the end of the movie, if at all. Snyder is brilliant for avoiding that, the less similarities to StM the better.
    How about just the history of Superman. It has nothing to do with Superman The Movie. You as a fan of Superman should know that the Glasses are a vital part of the disguise of Clark Kent or at least I hope you do.

There's footage of Clark riding his bike to The Daily Planet offices as well as footage of him inside the building, riding an elevator, and putting on a pair of glasses. Here is a gif from the poor quality Comic-Con trailer for a visual aid:

I like the idea of Clark not becoming a journalist at the DP with Lois until the end because not only do I suspect Lois will know who Clark is from the beginning, but I also like the idea of showing the audience what drives his decision to be a reporter and wear glasses. Plus, like Smallville Lois below I just like glasses on a guy on a personal level so I'm excited to see Henry in them even if it's only briefly.

Last edited by misslane38; 12-12-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Copying Donner / Reeves was Singer's downfall, but I'd still be very surprised if that was the case. Clark's secret identity is a pretty big part of the character, and it's something they are going to want to tackle when reintroducing the character to modern audiences.

The big question is whether or not Cavill can pull off metropolis Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    There's footage of Clark riding his bike to The Daily Planet offices as well as footage of him inside the building, riding an elevator, and putting on a pair of glasses. Here is a gif from the poor quality Comic-Con trailer for a visual aid:

I like the idea of Clark not becoming a journalist at the DP with Lois until the end because not only do I suspect Lois will know who Clark is from the beginning, but I also like the idea of showing the audience what drives his decision to be a reporter and wear glasses.
    Thank You Miss Lane. You're always a lady.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't understand many of the criticisms.

i think too many are attached to the original donner films and I don't want any real change. Cavill himself looks fantastic, in my opinion.

Thank You Miss Lane. You're always a lady.
    You're welcome, good sir.