Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Not really seeing any mixed reaction so far,everyone on facebook is loving it.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl O'Neill View Post
    Not really seeing any mixed reaction so far,everyone on facebook is loving it.
    Been looking at FB, Tumblr, Youtube and a couple other sites myself. Pretty overwhelmingly positive from what I've seen thus far.

ThankGod it's not the boy scout, and yuppie dimwit. Glad he's not portrayed like a fken santa claus for kids like the traditionalists seem to want. (OMGAWD u CaNt change Santaas clothes its iconic - santa cant be gr1mdark, he has to smile like an idiot into the camera all the time.) Cry me a river.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Been looking at FB, Tumblr, Youtube and a couple other sites myself. Pretty overwhelmingly positive from what I've seen thus far.
    Yes, and I find it wierd how some people would sign up new to the site just to write something negative about the trailer. Oh human nature!Oh Fanboys!
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"

Salacious Propriety Tandaemonium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    For everyone - now that you've seen more of MOS do you think the movie will be the success WB is hoping for? That this will be enough to bring a Justice League movie to the big sceen? As well as secure future Superman films with the same principle actors (Cavill, etc).
    Sadly, I do not. I REALLY want it to be, but I don't think so anymore after seeing this. Yes, despite the great cast, Goyer, cinematography/DP, and WB paying Nolan the magic number to promote/endorse the film through the cosmetic Producer title as movie show-runner to give the production credibility. I'm not saying it's a bad trailer; it's sooo not. But I do think it falls under the "not enough" category as far as building a DC movie universe/franchise.
    Last edited by Tandaemonium; 12-11-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl O'Neill View Post
    Yes, and I find it wierd how some people would sign up new to the site just to write something negative about the trailer. Oh human nature!Oh Fanboys!
    yeah, it's like "What?! People Like this? Well, I better put a stop to this right here and now!"
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Tandaemonium View Post
    Sadly, I do not. I REALLY want it to be, but I don't think so anymore after seeing this. Yes, despite the great cast, Goyer, cinematography/DP, and WB paying Nolan the magic number to promote/endorse the film through the cosmetic Producer title as movie show-runner to give the production credibility.
    What specifically about the new trailer confirmed to you that Man of Steel would not be successful enough to support additional installments and a Justice League film?

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    What specifically about the new trailer confirmed to you that Man of Steel would not be successful enough to support additional installments and a Justice League film?
    Gut feeling. That's all that I require from myself to confirm my own opinion to myself and to no one else. I did not see anything to suggest that this movie was something the average movie audience had not already seen before to the point that they would find motivation to go out of their way and buy a ticket. I see more than enough to suggest this same audience would show more than a spark of interest in buying the Blu-ray, watching on Netflix/iTunes/Amazon Instant Video.

So really, it wasn't anything specific in the new trailer. It was every bit of what I didn't see in the new trailer with no specificity. I've seen Superman fly around Earth. I've seen someone punch Superman in the stomach so that he falls to his knees coughing up blood and saliva while we look at the bad guy's feet. I've seen a misunderstood powerful comic book character talking to his lady friend while a bunch of military guys point guns at him. I've seen rumbly vibrate-y grounds shaking and cracking right before Superman shoots straight up into the air. I've seen eyes-closed Superman in negative space concentrating and focusing followed by his eyes suddenly opening after a dramatic crescendo. I've seen Pa Kent give a platitude before. I've seen Superman saving a school bus before. I've seen super-powered beings coming from opposite sides of the frame clashing. I've seen a gigantic bank vault in a superhero movie before used to convey difficulty and levels of durability. I've seen Superman hiking to somewhere cold before. I've seen Kevin Costner give advice in rural America. I've seen strategic shots of Superman so as to avoid showing the entirety of the Super suit with clarity. AND so have most people who have/will see this trailer. It's what none of us have seen before, whatever that is, which they should have included in this 2.5 min trailer...what would fuel buzz and equity in audience interest in multiple future movie frachises. The story, tone, approach, yadda yadda may and will end up breaking new ground, sure, but the job of every trailer is to entice, establish an identity, and cultivate interest.
    Last edited by Tandaemonium; 12-11-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Ugh double post.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    The one that would never give up his fight or retire. That is not what Bruce Wayne would do in any version. .

So what happens if it makes "The Dark Knight" and "The Dark Knight Rises" money?

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

I remember watching a documentary about the Beatles. The theory in the documentary was that the Beatles gained great success in America because they came along at just the right time. The US was getting back on its feet after some tough times, and here were these guys with some feelgood music. Right guys, right sound, right time.

I think Man Of Steel might - just might - capture a similar effect. If this movie has the kind of hopeful feel to it that we all hope it will, it could be coming along at just the right time in the US, and worldwide. The recession smacked a lot of people down hard, but maybe now we're ready to believe in someone like Superman again. Someone who'll always help the little guy and always put others first.

Maybe people are ready to look up again.
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    So what happens if it makes "The Dark Knight" and "The Dark Knight Rises" money?
    Sequels and spin-offs! and JLA!

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    It will prove that WB can do more than just Batman movies.

It would also likely mean that the MoS/Cavill Superman will be the one appearing in the JL movies.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Yeah, it's really hard to take that at face-value (or more than face-value) when it's a poorly written blogpost. He might as well just post here.
    He probably does.