Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 795
  1. #166
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    He left it to the people and his replacement to carry on the fight in a city that's now stronger because he was there. He had also become very ineffective in his old age and only had enough in him for one last go. Trust me he won.

    Would you say Superman in All-Star gave up? No, he did almost the same thing that I said Batman did above. The both won in there own ways.
    Would Bruce Wayne really leave his personal fight against crime in the hands of others if he was still active and able to do so. You see it time and time again in the books. With Knightfall and RIP. Bruce will always come back to take up the mantel because it's all he knows and all he cares about.

  2. #167
    Blue Boba ABH-1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Ironically, I actually kind of agree with Lexrules, on this one.

    The ending of Rises wasn't for me (which is why I prefer TDK), but I'd never say it's wrong, because it's not. It's a different interpretation, one where Bruce leaves Gotham in capable hands and then gets to live happy ever after. It is sort of nice to see Bruce finally get to be happy for once, but yeah, I prefer that never ending battle.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

  3. #168
    All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth
    Posts
    5,786

    Default

    HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP!!!!

    Can't stop watching this thing. This trailer is ALL KINDS OF AWESOME!!!! I'm very excited about this movie. June can't be here soon enough.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

    Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

    Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

  4. #169
    evil maybe, genius no stk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    He died as Batman.
    But he had retired for years before putting on the suit to stupidly die. You are really focused on one version of Batman -- Bronze Age continuing on to post-Crisis -- and ignoring others, including the ORIGINAL. The original Golden Age Batman didn't go on nightly patrol chasing down street crime. He left all that to the police. He lived a mostly normal life until a case either captured his interest or was too big for the police. He didn't endlessly mope about his parents, and he treated Batman almost more like a hobby than a mission.

    And the point of Earth-2 Batman retiring is that there are other ways to make contributions to the world.

    Why are we even talking about this in the MoS trailer thread. I agree with Tom Strong. You have a very narrow view of what Batman is.

  5. #170
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Batman is, and always has been, a scared little boy and a control freak. That's not me trying to bring the character down, it's just my understanding of his motivations. At heart, he's still a 7 year old boy watching the most terrifying thing a 7 year old boy can watch. So he's going to make sure it doesn't happen again. He controls the situation. Every time he stops a crime, he's stopping that inner 7 year old from watching his mum and dad die. Batman will stop when Bruce stops being afraid. When he realises that he can't control everything, and when he finally accepts that his parents are dead and there's nothing he can do about it. He'll get a happy ending, because that's what his parents would want.

    But until then, he's Batman.
    He will never control it though. It eats at him everyday. He will never say enough is enough. Like you said he is a scared little bay but a boy who never finds the thing in life to help him grow beyond the vision he see's in his head, day after day, night after night.

  6. #171
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    But he had retired for years before putting on the suit to stupidly die. You are really focused on one version of Batman -- Bronze Age continuing on to post-Crisis -- and ignoring others, including the ORIGINAL. The original Golden Age Batman didn't go on nightly patrol chasing down street crime. He left all that to the police. He lived a mostly normal life until a case either captured his interest or was too big for the police. He didn't endlessly mope about his parents, and he treated Batman almost more like a hobby than a mission.

    And the point of Earth-2 Batman retiring is that there are other ways to make contributions to the world.

    Why are we even talking about this in the MoS trailer thread. I agree with Tom Strong. You have a very narrow view of what Batman is.
    You missed the rest of my post. Also like I said he became Commissioner when Gordon was killed. He still had to be in the fight just doing it legal.

    I don't know. I thinks it's because I said I hated Nolan DKR and other WB DC movies that have come out recently.
    Last edited by Lexrules; 12-11-2012 at 12:10 PM.

  7. #172
    Elder Member zryson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,043

    Default


  8. #173
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Lexrules, I really don't think Man of Steel is going to be for you at all if you don't think characters are open to different interpretations.

  9. #174
    evil maybe, genius no stk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    You missed the rest of my post.
    Because you keep focusing on one iteration and ignoring the others.

    "He will never control it though. It eats at him everyday. He will never say enough is enough. Like you said he is a scared little bay but a boy who never finds the thing in life to help him grow beyond the vision he see's in his head, day after day, night after night."

    That describes ONE VERSION of the character. Maybe your favorite version. But it does not describe all of them.

  10. #175
    Senior Member Tra-EL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Haha! Doesn't get more definitive than that!
    There are parts in the trailer that show that Pa dies. Not only Superman's line of "My father believeD that if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me. He was convinceD that the world, wasn't ready.."
    as if to talking in the past tense. Also looking back on the picture of young Clark as a child with Pa and touching it ever so slightly. That and the scene were Superman is shown in sorrow hugging Ma Kent.

  11. #176
    Senior Member Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Would Bruce Wayne really leave his personal fight against crime in the hands of others if he was still active and able to do so. You see it time and time again in the books. With Knightfall and RIP. Bruce will always come back to take up the mantel because it's all he knows and all he cares about.
    Yes he would give it up if he was becoming more of a liability than an asset to the fight on crime. You see this in comics too. He had only one more fight left in him (physically) and he saw someone with the same drive he had.

  12. #177
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Would Bruce Wayne really leave his personal fight against crime in the hands of others if he was still active and able to do so. You see it time and time again in the books. With Knightfall and RIP. Bruce will always come back to take up the mantel because it's all he knows and all he cares about.
    Batman just wanted nobody to have to go through what he went through and to eliminate common crime where muggings and shootings were usual. He left being Batman when he found someone he loved and that filled the void in his life left by his parents, had rid most common crime and found a very good suitable replacement who had all the qualities you would want in a superhero. Besides you dislike what Frank Miller did to Batman when Nolan was basing his version on that so disliking it and saying it's "wrong" is because it wasn't for you. Year One and DKR are alongside Morrison's as the best versions of Batman ever IMO.

  13. #178
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Strong View Post
    Lexrules, I really don't think Man of Steel is going to be for you at all if you don't think characters are open to different interpretations.
    Of course there should be different interpretations, Just make them logical to the way the character thinks and acts. Going on doing your own thing because you want to is just someone stroking ones ego to say he look I made my mark on a Iconic Character.

    That I can't stand.

  14. #179
    Senior Member Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Strong View Post
    Lexrules, I really don't think Man of Steel is going to be for you at all if you don't think characters are open to different interpretations.
    This is how I feel for most who don't like it.

  15. #180
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Of course there should be different interpretations, Just make them logical to the way the character thinks and acts. Going on doing your own thing because you want to is just someone stroking ones ego to say he look I made my mark on a Iconic Character.

    That I can't stand.
    "The way the character thinks and acts" is part of what's open to interpretation. I call it seven months in advance you're not going to be happy with this movie.

    You're better off just re-watching the Reeve movies.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •