Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    That image from the Studio Live Magazine released several days ago was, unfortunately, a photoshopped image; it wasn't authentic. This scene from the film provides a closer look at the suit as it appears in the movie (at least the top half of it). I understand, though, if it's still not what you prefer.

God, that's beautiful. I can stare at it all day. To me, it looks like a vibrant red. I see yellow too, even the blue in a dark setting. But some people just want to see Crayola somewhere in there.

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Whip Whirlwind - I still have hopes for the film. But another reason I really want to be wowed by a Superman movie is that my health has been in decline the past few years and I really want to see something super up there on the screen. I miss the super in Superman. Can't really say it any better than that.
    Understandable, and I'm not saying you're wrong or anything to want that kind of superman movie, I'm just saying try not to get your hopes up too much because from the get go Snyder and Nolan have been pretty clear about what kind of movie this is going to be.

I think we will get what you're looking for, but might not be till the latter portions of the movie. Hopefully one of the themes is that with his mere presence Superman makes the entire world a little better, brighter, and more "Super".

Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    God, that's beautiful. I can stare at it all day. To me, it looks like a vibrant red. I see yellow too, even the blue in a dark setting. But some people just want to see Crayola somewhere in there.
    I like it, although the lack of any red on the mid section still bothers me. Wish there was a belt there, but I'd be okay with those weird gray things being red instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    This bothers me to no end, even in the books. I hate that there is so much distrust to the character. I know in real life there would be but this is a fantasy world. I always love Superman being embraced by everyone from the start because you just knew he was here to protect and save us.
    It may have something to do with the fact that his appearance coincides with an alien invasion. Why would it only be Lex Luthor who doesn't trust him? Why would the U.S. government not have concerns? Why wouldn't Superman's appearance in the United States not put other countries on high alert? If you're gonna do a 21st century Superman reboot, I'd like a few 21st century concerns mentioned.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

great gifs.
    i love the second one. looks so epic!

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

That image from the Studio Live Magazine released several days ago was, unfortunately, a photoshopped image; it wasn't authentic. This scene from the film provides a closer look at the suit as it appears in the movie (at least the top half of it). I understand, though, if it's still not what you prefer.

I love the S and the cape ( Just a tad to long) and the boots. The rest of the suit is just not Superman to me. They should have put him in a smooth suit for starters. Second they need to have something in the middle. The Lines just look bad to me, I mean New 52 V neck collar bad and that's bad. Just to much to thinking is going on to the suit that should be as simple as possible.
    Last edited by Lexrules; 12-11-2012 at 11:08 AM.

misslane38 - how is it not larger than life? Because from what I've read or seen so far in the trailers it looks to be a movie about how Superman fits into the world ala Superman Returns. Remember all the hype and praise associated with that film before it opened? It was the movie that was going to depict something Superman couldn't overcome - a child. And the movie's focus was on that. This film seems to be following the same approach, throw in some origin, throw in lots of urban drama about how the world views Superman (with lots of suspicion judging from the trailers) and then when his world seems to be crumbling around him, throw in the sci-fi plot where he has to take on the bad guys and prove to the world (and the American government) that he is actually a force for good.
    A film about how Superman fits into the world can still give us a Superman who is larger than life. I don't understand why, for you, introspective struggle and transcendent spectacle are mutually exclusive concepts. There's no pathos or power in a story about a hero whose only conflicts are dastardly villains. None of the great myths are so simplistic. The hints of doubt, insecurity, and mistrust are part of the film so that Superman's ultimate triumph and acceptance are all the more meaningful.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    It may have something to do with the fact that his appearance coincides with an alien invasion. Why would it only be Lex Luthor who doesn't trust him? Why would the U.S. government not have concerns? Why wouldn't Superman's appearance in the United States not put other countries on high alert? If you're gonna do a 21st century Superman reboot, I'd like a few 21st century concerns mentioned.
    That's fine and I understand. It's just a grip I have always had when it comes to Superman. I always feel he should be trusted right from the start.

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

On the question of thre main audience's reaction to the choices of the movie, I just comes back from a French movie forum (so, populated with people who only know Superman from the Donner movie, Returns, and Smallville and not fans), and so far the reactions to the trailer are being extremely positive even from people that weren't enthusiast about it.
    It could be summed up by "Ho. Okay, it's actually going to be great."
    And nobody even mentionned the costume.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Credit: jamesvega
    Oh god this movie just has no action in it! Like can I get a freakin' explosion for god......oh hold on....never mind....carry on.

No action? Were we all watching the same trailer?

BANNED

Maybe I'm just not that excited of it because it's not really the Superman I care for. I like all flavors of say Batman and there are some damn good serious Spider-Man stories but I only like Superman that's fun, weird and with a lot of sci fi in it. Basically Doctor Who but with Jesus. I kinda like the Champion of the oppressed but that's rarely played up. I really don't care for serious Superman as the character comes off as boring in serious narratives.

I understand what you're saying Whip Whirlwind. From what I have seen so far, I'm guessing maybe there will be some big scenes thrown in but that the problem will be too much emphasis on the whole where do I fit into the world like we saw in the first Nolan Batman movie. But Superman isn't Batman. He should have a completely different approach and for many people, Superman the Movie really got the balance in that area right, part origin, part growing up, discovering yourself, then moving into adulthood and while it combined realistic elements like him working in a job, trying to fit in with co-workers like Lane, it did so with a wink and nod to the audience that yes, we are having as much fun as you by making this movie.

misslane38 - how is it not larger than life? Because from what I've read or seen so far in the trailers it looks to be a movie about how Superman fits into the world ala Superman Returns.
    That's not what SR was about. MOS is a reboot of the Superman legend. SR was a semi-sequel of Donnor's movie franchise. While MOS does, in fact, highlight Superman's debut and emergence into the world proper, SR was about how Superman fit into Lois Lane's new life. This new movie has been made as if no other Superman movie existed, and I think that's a sound approach.

Remember all the hype and praise associated with that film before it opened? It was the movie that was going to depict something Superman couldn't overcome - a child. And the movie's focus was on that. This film seems to be following the same approach, throw in some origin, throw in lots of urban drama about how the world views Superman (with lots of suspicion judging from the trailers) and then when his world seems to be crumbling around him, throw in the sci-fi plot where he has to take on the bad guys and prove to the world (and the American government) that he is actually a force for good.
    Wait, what was your point about SR, again?
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    Because anything with lifting is boring and awful, I guess.
    Dude, I actually like Superman Returns (well, I don't think it's the best movie ever by any mean, but it was nice).
    It's just that lifting doesn't really count as an action scene to me.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Some of my favorite bits:

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    On the question of thre main audience's reaction to the choices of the movie, I just comes back from a French movie forum (so, populated with people who only know Superman from the Donner movie, Returns, and Smallville and not fans), and so far the reactions to the trailer are being extremely positive even from people that weren't enthusiast about it.
    It could be summed up by "Ho. Okay, it's actually going to be great."
    And nobody even mentionned the costume.
    Hmm, good to hear (read). Yeah, I suspect that the people who will have the biggest issue with the costume, would be some of the long-time fans. If their only connection to the character is the movies, then they probably understand why a costume from the late '70s wouldn't be used again.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Oh god this movie just has no action in it! Like can I get a freakin' explosion for god......oh hold on....never mind....carry on.

No action? Were we all watching the same trailer?
    Yeah, anyone who didn't see the action, probably has a narcolepsy problem and fell asleep at the 0:01 second mark.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor