Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

1) All New X-Men #1 181,693
    4) Deadpool #1 118,976
    5) Indestructible Hulk #1 118,200
    8) Uncanny Avengers #2 114,257
    10) Thor God of Thunder #1 110,443
    11) All New X-Men #2 96,436

Read all of these and enjoyed them quite a bit. Added them to my monthly hold slot except for Deadpool.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Marvel cancels titles that are around 20k. JiM only got a bump of about 2k with the change which is why i said it was a disaster.

Is Deadpool NOW's Aquaman?
    Those are some surprisingly strong numbers for Wade. I've heard good things about the book. Need to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Is Deadpool NOW's Aquaman?
    Those are some surprisingly strong numbers for Wade. I've heard good things about the book. Need to check it out.
    It's not bad, but personally I think it's starting to lose some steam. I am on-board for the continuation of this arc and will start the next one, but I am already starting to feel 'meh' about it.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Is the OP from England?
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    It's not bad, but personally I think it's starting to lose some steam. I am on-board for the continuation of this arc and will start the next one, but I am already starting to feel 'meh' about it.
    I feel the same way. i dropped it after issue #2.
    Wasn't bad, just not my cup of tea.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Is the OP from England?
    I know where you are going with that. I checked. Just a coincidence.

I don't know if these figures are accurate, but a lot of people also wait for the trades to release. That would help bring sales up.
    Currently Following: Uncanny Avengers; All-New X-Men; Avengers; Thor GoT; Indestructible Hulk; Batman
    Waiting to Follow: Nova; New Avengers; Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Is the OP from England?
    Scotland. Why?

I know where you are going with that. I checked. Just a coincidence.
    Hmm. Awfully defensive there, Global Honored. If that is your real name. How do we know you're not from England?

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

You're all from England!!! THE SUN NEVER SETS!!!!!!!!
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Fury View Post
    $cott $ummers.

Cyclop$ was right.
    But Cyclops was already the focus of the book during the last Uncanny iteration, whose sales were decidedly mediocre. You'd have to look at the variables that changed for the new volume to explain the sales increase, which of course points to Jean Grey.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mesektet View Post
    Marvel cancels titles that are around 20k. JiM only got a bump of about 2k with the change which is why i said it was a disaster.
    They've canceled books above 30k and kept books selling well below 20k around for years. The estimated domestic direct market numbers are interesting and allow us to make some useful educated guesses, but even if they were accurate they wouldn't be dispositive.
    Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    But Cyclops was already the focus of the book during the last Uncanny iteration, whose sales were decidedly mediocre. You'd have to look at the variables that changed for the new volume to explain the sales increase, which of course points to Jean Grey.
    Wait, what?

-Theophilus

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

JIM and Red She Hulk aren't #1's or NOW as defined by the OP either. Plus according to that list and left out: Spidey was ranked 13th, Avengers/New Avengers were 36,37,39,40 as well.

I am not sure what this is supposed to prove or argue. #1's are highly ordered and sell. So do Bat books. Candy is also sweet. Marvel NOW seems to be working right...well now. Dominating the top of the charts. But all the other speculation is just that...speculation. I would recommend looking at the numbers in six months to see if it sustained and then forming a conclusion. A great many of these threads were started and people claimed the New 52 would plummet off the earth in a few months or AvX was just a one issue anomaly....and yet the 52 still does well, AvX sold huge numbers and they moved on to their next Chicken Little assessment. Comics still make money. The market is still doing fairly well. It has changed for sure, but business continues.

Btw, here is the CBR article - http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42560
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Marvel NOW dominated and with Avengers, New Avengers, Superior Spider-man and Uncanny X-men still to come, Marvel are in a pretty good position right now.

Besides, the issues in November were double shipped so the second issues sales don't actually represent the actual demand.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison