Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheOther View Post
    But why must it end? That is my main question. Why was the decision made to get rid of Parker?
    I think the decision was made to try something different, if just for a little while. It's probably part of a larger mega-arc Slott is telling and will come to a head in a year or so.

That's not to be dismissive or to regard Superior as unimportant. But I imagine there's an actual purpose at the heart of it all.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    I think the decision was made to try something different, if just for a little while. It's probably part of a larger mega-arc Slott is telling and will come to a head in a year or so.

That's not to be dismissive or to regard Superior as unimportant. But I imagine there's an actual purpose at the heart of it all.
    You're likely right. Seeing as how this current story started 100 issues ago.

I think we both kind of like the same sort of stuff. I enjoyed how dark Peter was in that arc.
    That's why I liked it, but I also like Peter being light hearted

But why must it end? That is my main question. Why was the decision made to get rid of Parker?
    I don't know. Because you touch yourself at night?

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    I don't know. Because you touch yourself at night?
    Who doesn't?

Nothing would ever got done in the world if that's the case.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I started truly reading Slott's spiderman when "end of the earth" started, I did read a number of back issues as well as spider island and I am left unimpressed. Compared to other marvel books it feels like a childish tie-in book given away with a happy meal. The only major change and significant factor that I find to be of interest is Peter getting the horizon job apart from that there's no bloody character development, Spidey faces one villain(with an extremely boring and mundane scheme)-wins, sometimes spidey gets angry about it and shouts at people but THAT'S IT. This whole "Superior" thing also doesnt interest me, instead of evolving spidey (like whedon did for cyclops) Slott is just gonna replace him with another character, IT'S JUST SO LAZY. Why do people consider this to be a good take on the character.
    You obviously haven't read big time or spider-island

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    I like it because it is bringing closure to one of the greatest stories in comics. He is writing the definitive end to the story of Peter Parker. Plus it has been edited well.
    What closure? How is "the bad guy switching their brains around" good closure for the greatest characters and stories ever created. If marvel were to go out of business tomorrow how would i tell my kids that that was a ending to the "legend of Peter Parker"

What closure? How is "the bad guy switching their brains around" good closure for the greatest characters and stories ever created. If marvel were to go out of business tomorrow how would i tell my kids that that was a ending to the "legend of Peter Parker"
    Because Peter won't be Spidey after issue 700.

I know that sounds completely lame, but you should wait until #700 and see how it actually ends.

The same way you would tell them the ending to the legend of Robin Hood?

I started truly reading Slott's spiderman when "end of the earth" started, I did read a number of back issues as well as spider island and I am left unimpressed. Compared to other marvel books it feels like a childish tie-in book given away with a happy meal. The only major change and significant factor that I find to be of interest is Peter getting the horizon job apart from that there's no bloody character development, Spidey faces one villain(with an extremely boring and mundane scheme)-wins, sometimes spidey gets angry about it and shouts at people but THAT'S IT. This whole "Superior" thing also doesnt interest me, instead of evolving spidey (like whedon did for cyclops) Slott is just gonna replace him with another character, IT'S JUST SO LAZY. Why do people consider this to be a good take on the character.
    Because major change isn't the end-all of storytelling. Actually it is often a lazy approach from writers who don't know how to tell significant stories.

My favourite take on Peter was in Ultimate Spidey, i found it to be a story of a boy learning to be the best man he could be, the family, freinds, and relationships Peter had really helped evolve the character
    I agree. I was pleasantly surprised, and completely blown away by everything about Ultimate.

Bendis/Bagley did such and amazing job - they really condensed the essence of the character and did a superb job of storytelling all the way through. Probably the best ever.

Compared to other marvel books it feels like a childish tie-in book given away with a happy meal.
    What in the world does this even mean?

The only major change and significant factor that I find to be of interest is Peter getting the horizon job apart from that there's no bloody character development.
    "Aside from one of the biggest character developments in the history of the character, there's no character development."

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    "Aside from one of the biggest character developments in the history of the character, there's no character development."
    To be fair I think the transformation from self-interested glory hound to hero was bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    At conventions, we sit in a circle around Slott and he reads his run to us. We also get candy.
    This would explain why he was so hard to get signatures at New York this year. I'm still waiting for him to sign my Fan Expo copy of 692. It's got Stan Lee but an empty void waiting for Dan Slott!
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!