Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    The curious one.

It sold well.

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    He could have been a boy growing into a man longer! Why should he age just because we do? New readers should get the chance to discover him as we did. That's what Ultimate Spider-Man did well until they decided to f*ck their universe up with Ultimatum and Death of Spider-Man.
    Spider-Man's been around for 50 years bro being a teenager forever get old

Well, I like Slotts run because

A: Its fun. Now that I think about it, it does read like a saturday morning cartoon, that isn't necessarily a bad thing, comics as a whole need to be a little more fun instead of trying to be the next sandman or watchmen in terms of tone. Grimdark is played out.

B: Slott is one of the few writers that gets Peter's character, too often he is written as a goofy inept buffoon who people barely tolerate let alone respect. Peter is good at what he does, and he likes to laugh while doing it. There are elements of drama and tragedy in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    Spider-Man's been around for 50 years bro being a teenager forever get old
    Well, during these fifty years there have been many new fans. And do you want Pete to continue to age? Maybe reach forty-fifty? How'd that work out for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Well, I like Slotts run because

A: Its fun. Now that I think about it, it does read like a saturday morning cartoon, that isn't necessarily a bad thing, comics as a whole need to be a little more fun instead of trying to be the next sandman or watchmen in terms of tone. Grimdark is played out.

B: Slott is one of the few writers that gets Peter's character, too often he is written as a goofy inept buffoon who people barely tolerate let alone respect. Peter is good at what he does, and he likes to laugh while doing it. There are elements of drama and tragedy in there too.
    Agreed and agreed. Comics doesn't have to be grim and dark all the time. And I think Slott's got a pretty good hang of Pete. It's just...something feels off sometimes.

Well, during these fifty years there have been many new fans. And do you want Pete to continue to age? Maybe reach forty-fifty? How'd that work out for ya?
    That'd be fine cause then we'd have Mayday Parker

Sure, but that hasn't sold so well. Nah, comic characters shouldn't age if they're supposed to last fifty more years.

I love Dans run because it combines everything that makes Spider-Man great. Humor, Drama, Tragedy... all mixed in into one great run.

Sure, but that hasn't sold so well. Nah, comic characters shouldn't age if they're supposed to last fifty more years.
    Or the mantle gets past on or that hero retires, Dick Grayson becoming Batman before Brice returned for example

But he did return. And now he's about 30-33 instead of his late 30's.

But he did return. And now he's about 30-33 instead of his late 30's.
    Cause they completely rebooted everything, with new 52 which caused me to drop every DC title I was reading

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Damn. That was some good candy.

Did make me sleepy, though.
    And now I'm sore...

You don't think?

--Tom
    My Favorites: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Superior Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man

Almost Done Collecting ASM: Want issues 1, 3, 4, 8, 11, and 18 - Ann. 1 & 2

He could have been a boy growing into a man longer! Why should he age just because we do? New readers should get the chance to discover him as we did. That's what Ultimate Spider-Man did well until they decided to f*ck their universe up with Ultimatum and Death of Spider-Man.
    I don't want the same story forever.
    Spider-Man from the beginning! Last ish: ASM #15 - Chameleon hires Kraven (first appearance!) to kill Spidey.

Batman isn't that rebooted at all. Almost everything happened. And Bruce returned before the reboot. Besides, the New 52 actually made me read some DC, so it worked on many! Aquaman outsold all Marvel books one month, and Batman is in really good shape now, with Scott Snyder on Batman and Grant Morrison continuing his epic run on Batman Inc.

The problem is that getting older and growing up is an essential part of Spider-Man as a character. He was out of high school by the time Ditko stopped drawing the book, the two years after Gwen Stacy's death took place more or less in real time and he was married before I was born. If you want a younger Spider-Man read the Ultimate Universe. If Marvel editorial wants a younger Spider-Man they should replace Peter. I don't care how much flak I get for this, but letting Peter Parker bow out of being Spider-Man and letting Ben Riley take over was one of the best idea's the Marvel didn't follow through on. Keeping Peter Parker young forever is the biggest betrayal you could possibly do to Spider-Man as a character and by extension to the legacy of Stan Lee and Steve Ditko.

That said I just read through the trade of Spider Island and it was fun and exiting.