Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is DC too trinity heavy?

I feel like DC relies to much on the big 3. Do you think they have done a good job of expanding?

I think DC relies too much on Batman. Superman and Wonder Woman don't seem as relevant as they were. WW is in one book and Superman is in two, solo books that is. Only one of Superman's books is considered to be good. So WW and Supes don't seem like the major players they once were. Bats, on the other hand, is freakin everywhere. He has several books of his own. All three regularly appear in JL. Though Bats appears in dozens of other books. So I'd say no, they haven't done a good job expanding and exploring other characters. DC is pretty much the Batman show right now.

The Big 3 being Batman, Joker and Robin, yes?

I don't feel like DC is Batman-heavy because I only read one Batman book. I would say that they both have and have not done a good job of expanding outside Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman. On the one hand, some of their best stuff is from books outside of those three. On the other, those three get most of the exposure.

BANNED

Of course they did a good job expading out of Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman. So much that Green Lantern is at least on Superman level (comic wise) and has surpased Wonder Woman.

No way Dc is relying to much on their big three. Look at Marvel and than come back and look at Dc. Marvel is ran by Avengers and X-men. All the Avengers books seem to have Cap and Iron man. All the X-men books have Wolverine. Dc has a lot more diversity in team books and solos.

But if Dc relied on anyone to much it would be Batman.
    "Some people look to the past for answers. I look to the future for solutions." --- SJH

BANNED

DC is too Batman-heavy atm, Superman is adequate while WW is short of the mark. Otherwise no, DC is doing a fine job of not having the Trinity involved in everything, most notably the Dark line that's mostly Trinity-free.

Quote Originally Posted by NYAvenger15 View Post
    No way Dc is relying to much on their big three. Look at Marvel and than come back and look at Dc. Marvel is ran by Avengers and X-men. All the Avengers books seem to have Cap and Iron man. All the X-men books have Wolverine. Dc has a lot more diversity in team books and solos.

But if Dc relied on anyone to much it would be Batman.
    Well Superman and Wonder Women have had trouble keeping up with Modern Trends that Batman has not so thats why he keeps getting more popular. but Yeah its an Avengers or X-men World over at Marvel. At DC most of its Hero's are unaffiliated.

Quote Originally Posted by usabfb View Post
    I don't feel like DC is Batman-heavy because I only read one Batman book.
    Just because you don't read them doesn't mean they don't exist.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

They are not relying on Trinity but Batman although other books such as GL and aquaman are stepping up. However, that’s how things work the more popular characters are the more the get exposed. Batman in DC and wolverine in MU marvel. At times it can be just too much.

I love the trinity never had a problem with there use. But at times I do wish to see more Flash and Aquaman.

I've noticed there's a trinity of sorts all over the DCU. Most teams and franchises have a trinity of characters everything revolves around.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Short answer: No.

More in depth answer: Less Batman and more Detective Chimp.

It's perfect the way it is. Essentially all of the Dark and Edge are non-trinity. But I think the important thing is that most people like the trinity, hence why they are the trinity, with Superman and Batman being the two most popular characters. But even within their own lines, I don't think they necessarily force other titles upon you. You often pick and choose as you like and get away with it without suffering important knowledge. They may try to get you to read others with crossovers, but only some of the included titles are necessary.
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!

The only thing they're heavy on is Bat-books, but his allies/villains are numerous and I think Batman: TDK is the only one that needs to go away. Superman and Wonder Woman definitely aren't taking up too much space, Superman-family books have no more titles than the Green Lantern-family (granted, Man of Steel will give him one more but that's not out yet) and Wonder Woman has ONE book.