Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Asrar Draws on the "Natural Resources" of "Ultimate Comics X-Men"

CBR News spoke with artist Mahmud Asrar, who returns to Marvel Comics in March for "Ultimate Comics X-Men" #24, the beginning of a new arc written by Brian Wood called "Natural Resources."

Full article here.

Big fan of Asrar's work. Nice to see him on UCXM, though I hope this doesn't mean he's leaving Supergirl.

God, that's a beautiful spread.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

On Vacation

I'm also a big fan of his work on Supergirl so I am really excited to see him working on this series. Those pages showing his UCXM artwork was tremendous! It's truly a great time to be an Ultimate X-men fan. Though I am wondering what will happen to Paco Medina. My guess is when they announce the new Adjectiveless X-Men #1 by hopefully Brian Wood that either Paco Medina and/or Carlo Barberi are on the artwork for it. Because I would hate to see talent like that go away. Or maybe they can finally make that Ultimate X-Force book I always wanted since they now have an ultimate utopia it's probable that there will be an X-force later in the series.

Medina apparently does Avenging Spider-Man now.

I've been enjoying the Medina/Barberi team since the beginning of Spencer's run, but this looks FANTASTIC! I really hope he stays on board, because this is potentially going to be the best that the book has looked since Immonen left. Which brings me to my next point of excitement...

Quote Originally Posted by Asrar
    even though people don't mention it much, I liked Brian K. Vaughan and Stuart Immonen's run on the series, too.
    Not only is Asrar a big fan of UXM, he gave a shout out to the best run! It's great to have an UU fan working on the book.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Looks great.

And I hope Wood stays on this book as long as possible.

Glad to hear an artist working on the book who's also a fan of the UU! X-men's art has been impeccable since the DOSM relaunch- Medina, Barberi, now Asrar!

Now, what about we get a quality artist for the Ultimates, who's also gonna stick around for at least a full story arc?
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

Dear lord that artwork is amazing! I love how it resembles Immonen's art. The girls are pretty and Jimmy looks a little more original, yet fierce! I love it!

"Starting with issue #24...
    Dang, I guess my theory of "Seasons" fell through, since this new arc would have had to start on issue #25... Unless you count the .1 :P
    All-New Ultimates • Earth 2 • Harley Quinn • Injustice • Invincible • Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man • Real Heroes • The Walking Dead • Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Fizicks View Post
    Now, what about we get a quality artist for the Ultimates, who's also gonna stick around for at least a full story arc?
    Artist? Let's first focus on getting a quality writer...
    All-New Ultimates • Earth 2 • Harley Quinn • Injustice • Invincible • Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man • Real Heroes • The Walking Dead • Ultimate FF

Looks fantastic. Glad to hear Storm has a big role in this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Artist? Let's first focus on getting a quality writer...
    Touchι.

(10 chars)
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

His art looks great, I really like the short hair look an Jimmy he actually looks kinda bad ass.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    His art looks great, I really like the short hair look an Jimmy he actually looks kinda bad ass.
    Looks like March is going to be a good month all around for Jimmy and Wolverine; X-Men gets a new artist which shows Jimmy looking better than ever AND him and his father star in their own mini.

Good on Marvel for bringing his guy back. I know Supergirl helped him get some fans so hopefully they'll follow along as well.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.