Default Jack Kirby characters in Dynamte's Kirby: Genesis?

Is there a list somewhere of all the Jack Kirby characters utilized in the Genesis mini-series?
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Nope, but you could sift through here to find most of them:

http://www.comicvine.com/kirby-genesis/49-40342/

Or I could probably list most of them for you.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Nope, but you could sift through here to find most of them:

http://www.comicvine.com/kirby-genesis/49-40342/

Or I could probably list most of them for you.
    Thank you very much. Looking through the characters i'm pretty intrigued by this Dragonsbane character. Asgardian dude, he was supposed to be part of a Thor revamp Kirby had planned. Wonder who is that White Gorilla.

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Dragonsbane has his own miniseries from Dynamite Entertainment that's been horribly late, but highly enjoyable as a part of the Genesis line. The entire line of Kirby books from Dynamite were stellar but unfortunately delays killed any interest fans had in this line of comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    Dragonsbane has his own miniseries from Dynamite Entertainment that's been horribly late, but highly enjoyable as a part of the Genesis line. The entire line of Kirby books from Dynamite were stellar but unfortunately delays killed any interest fans had in this line of comics.
    Personaly I had decided to not go into it because most of Alex Ross progects he doesn't do the interiors. But i'm still intrigued by the Kirby characters. Dynamite should have done a one-shot describing each character to create interest. Fans love that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    Sadly I have to partially agree. The initial mini-series itself, Kirby: Genesis, was amazingly good. Great art, terrific story, and the seeding of a universe that could've been something special. But the spinoff series were good to mediocre, and horribly late. The Captain Victory series was pretty good, but delays killed the momentum, while the Silver Star series had potential, but, imo, weak art (and hence an overall weak presentation). Dragonsbane was actually the best of the spinoffs, but the delays coupled with the horrible reluctance to try new things by most comic fans, killed it.

I'd really recommend the Kirby: Genesis series though. It was damned fine reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Personaly I had decided to not go into it because most of Alex Ross progects he doesn't do the interiors. But i'm still intrigued by the Kirby characters. Dynamite should have done a one-shot describing each character to create interest. Fans love that stuff.
    They should have done a lot differently with the Kirby line, had they done so than maybe it would still be around to this day. The delays and lack of promotion for the solo books is what helped to kill this line, there was nothing wrong with the stories and the characters they chose to promote and until all the bad happened lots of people were excited for these books. :(

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Maybe tpb sales will be good enough to resurrect the line?
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Nick Barucci (head of Dynamite) did say over the summer on Dynamite's forums that the line would be revisited in 2013, but with big events like Project Superpowers v3 and the Mark Waid Hornet series they'll be promoting I just don't see that happening. Time will tell.

Also, I have to disagree with JSF on the spinoff books in this line, I personally enjoyed both the art and story but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by jsf View Post
    Sadly I have to partially agree. The initial mini-series itself, Kirby: Genesis, was amazingly good. Great art, terrific story, and the seeding of a universe that could've been something special. But the spinoff series were good to mediocre, and horribly late. The Captain Victory series was pretty good, but delays killed the momentum, while the Silver Star series had potential, but, imo, weak art (and hence an overall weak presentation). Dragonsbane was actually the best of the spinoffs, but the delays coupled with the horrible reluctance to try new things by most comic fans, killed it.

I'd really recommend the Kirby: Genesis series though. It was damned fine reading.
    I agree with all your evaluations. The main book was very good, and Captain Victory was my favorite of the spinoffs. Hated the art on Silver Star and felt the writing got muddled. Dragonsbane had a ton of potential but it took 6 months I think between issue 2 and 3 and issue 4 still hasn't been published.

The white gorilla is Thunderfoot, the Half-Human. A big foot/yeti from the Lost Continent featured in the main Kirby: Genesis title.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.