Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    ...That was cool. I'd say even epic.
    Not sure what the thing with the island is supposed to mean though.
    I think that's his mom trying to help him deal with his super-hearing.

Epic trailer. Serious chills.

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think in that scene he was gaining his supersenses and at first couldn't take it.
    My thoughts too. I imagine his superhearing in particular was kicking in and he couldn't take it. He was so young!
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

I'm not sure, but I think in that scene he was gaining his supersenses and at first couldn't take it.
    Yeah, you can see he was struggling with his powers, as a child, and Martha was trying to calm him down and comfort him.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Ho yeah, you mean like agoraphobic people with the whole "it's your space" thing.
    That's.......actually completely brilliant.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

I'm really excited for this movie. I thought the first teaser trailer was good, but man, this was great. I really like the close-up of Supes' red boots and cape, as he walks out into the arctic to take flight. It's a simple shot, but it gives you that feeling that you're about to see something epic, you're about to see Superman. Now I'm all excited for this movie and I have to wait...

Oh my god. Its everything I dreamed it would be.
    Pull list: Aquaman, Batman, Batman Inc, Green Lantern, Justice League, Superman Unchained, JLA

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    yup agree

The costume there looks kinda similar to Russian Zod's costume.
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

That's what I'm thinking too, with him saying that "the world is too big" due to being able to hear everything, Martha helping him, telling him to focus on her voice...

The dynamic with the parents is really interesting--it seems that Jonathan goes through a character arc from wanting him to hide his powers (which makes sense--if people found out about Clark, what would happen? black helicopters and experiments, probably) to accepting that his son needs to embrace them.

...it's blocked at work...

...and my brother's been emailing me about it...

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    Loved it. The action sequences look great, but I think the quiet moments with Martha made it something special.
    I agree the Martha part gave it real heart. Also like some others said Jonathan seems to be taking on a different role in this movie. He seems to be way more wary of Clark's role and what the people will think going as far as to say maybe Clark should let those kids die! I think this is a pretty cool move because it paints John in a new light than what we've seen before. It actually reminds me a bit of birthright's John taken to a new extreme.

Amazing trailer all around!

anyone else worried about how they're going to convert it to 3d? i have nothing against post converted 3d, but wow the way this is looking like it's shot (lens, flares, shallow focus, etc) i can't see this converted into 3d too well. wish they shot it in native 3d. or just left the movie alone lol

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I agree the Martha part gave it real heart. Also like some others said Jonathan seems to be taking on a different role in this movie. He seems to be way more wary of Clark's role and what the people will think going as far as to say maybe Clark should let those kids die! I think this is a pretty cool move because it paints John in a new light than what we've seen before. It actually reminds me a bit of birthright's John taken to a new extreme.

I think he was saying that maybe he should of let the kid die because Clark out in the world might be even more dangerous. I think Jonathan kind of knows how the world will react to Clark. People like Sam Lane and all.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Well as is noted the suit gives me problems but the look and feel of the movie is good. I am hopeful for sure but man how good would the Williams Theme have been there at the end when he walk out of the fortress.

I played it in my head at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

Since Jonathan's characterization matches most closely to what occurred on Smallville, I feel it resembles it more than anything else. Jonathan on Smallville was very overprotective and suspicious. What I appreciate that Man of Steel is doing is using Martha in the development of Clark's powers, because on Smallville it was Jonathan who had a similar scene with young Clark when he was developing superhearing in the episode "Whisper." It is an amazing trailer, I agree!