Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The D stands for Dennis D. Perez's Avatar

Very sad that not only Snyder but also Paquette is leaving Swamp Thing. I have really enjoyed the run so far. Wonder who the new Writer is going to be. Gonna give them a shot probaly
    In the middle of the night...

Well this certainly clears Paquette's schedule making WW:Earth One more likely.

Swamp Thing and Animal Man are the last of the New 52 I am reading. At least through Rotworld. When I first read this I thought that I would end them as well. But Starlin would make me reconsider.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

I'll give the new writer a shot. Snyder will be missed, though.

I've tried now and then to get into Swamp Thing, I simply just don't like the character at all.

I'm ok with Snyder leaving. I'm really interested in seeing his creator owned book Wake. He said he really only wants to work on three books at once. So Batman, Superman, and Wake while on hiatus from American Vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothamdet View Post
    I've tried now and then to get into Swamp Thing, I simply just don't like the character at all.
    If the legendary Moore-Bissette-Totleben-Veitch run in the '80s didn't hook you, Snyder-Paquette's won't, either, especially since Snyder's admiration of Moore's reimagining is obvious.

Btw, I don't get all the Starlin hate. From his '70s work through Metamorphosis Odyssey, The Price, Dreadstar and beyond, I've always enjoyed what he's brought to the table to some degree. (Wait, is there another Starlin?)

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Hah, he'd never do it.
    Guessing I've missed something there then? :S
    I support Danny LuVisi's Last Man Standing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Deluge View Post
    Guessing I've missed something there then? :S
    He really doesn't like corporate comics.

At all.

Like, he actively craps on the whole mechanism.

I respect it, but I'd be SHOCKED to find him working for either Marvel or DC in any serious capacity (ie, anything more than a cover), just because of their record with creator's rights (Kirby for Marvel, Moore for DC).
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Jack Kirby's kids to write and draw!!!

It would sell like hotcakes, I tell you!
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    China Mieville >:E
    of the choices that are actually possible for DC right now, this is probably the only one that would convince me to stay on with the book.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    China Meville >:E
    Fingers crossed.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

That they wouldn't give it to China Mieville if he wanted it just seems impossible to me. There seemed to be a lot of internal support for his work at DC, getting him to come there was a huge boon, he apparently is hugely enthusiastic about DC in general, and he ALREADY HAS A PITCH AND SCRIPTS written, so DC could count on him to be timely. Presumably some editing would have to be done to keep the language down, but nevertheless.

I have to wonder if Mieville will stay at DC with Berger leaving. Would be the biggest creative loss for the company since Morrison went to Marvel back in the day.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

I have a feeling Gail's getting it.

It will be a good time for me to jump off as well.

Too many good titles out there for me to keep buying everything.

Honestly, this book was never very good IMO, it moved at a glacial pace and I stuck around until issue 8. I'm a Scott Snyder fan but I am looking forward to seeing who takes over, I'll probably give it another chance depending.