Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Snyder and Paquette Leaving "Swamp Thing" With Issue 18

"Swamp Thing" writer Scott Snyder has confirmed what the DC Comics solicitations only hinted: that he and artist Yanick Paquette will end their well-regarded run on the series with March's Issue 18.

Full article here.

I'll say it first: STARLIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_ View Post
    Quite likely. It could be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_ View Post
    I would only continue buying this series under a few writers regime. Starlin would be fantastic.

Scott Snyder should be congratulated for writing an entertaining series that will be talked about for a long time
    Hawkeye, X-Men Legacy, FF, Animal Man, Wonder Woman, Manhattan Projects, Fatale, East of West, Bedlam, Saga, Bandette, Nowhere Men

I didn't think of this title yesterday when the Starlin news hit, but it would be cool with him on this one.

It makes sense for Snyder to be jumping off this as at least one of his books needed to go (I'm not a fan of writers stretching themselves out needlessly). Out of the titles he writes, this one made the most sense to lose. With that said, I hope there's a good replacement as I was a fan of this series (I jumped on with Rotworld and the read the back issues) despite having zero knowledge of Swamp Thing. It also makes me wonder where Paquette is going. I know this is wishful thinking and about a 1% chance of happening but I'd love for to see him as the new artist for Nightwing.
    Pull List: (Marvel) Daredevil, Mighty Avengers, Hawkeye, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, She-Hulk, Ms Marvel, X-Factor (DC) Nightwing, Batman, Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Just Is View Post
    It also makes me wonder where Paquette is going. I know this is wishful thinking and about a 1% chance of happening but I'd love for to see him as the new artist for Nightwing.
    rumor has it...
    wonder woman: earth one with grant morrison.

I'll drop it if Starlin writes.

Though I thought his art was too busy last issue, Rudy should be the go-to artist on this.

Chances are that I'm gone once Snyder leaves, particularly if it's Starlin who's taking over.

If the new 52 has taught me anything, it's not to hold out much hope when a writer who was big ages ago who hasn't written anything meaningful in decades takes over, regardless of how beloved that creator is. The people getting all stoked about Starlin sound almost exactly like the folks who got all excited when Ann Nocenti was announced as taking over Green Arrow. Or the people were were optimistic about George Perez launching Superman.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin King View Post
    The people getting all stoked about Starlin sound almost exactly like the folks who got all excited when Ann Nocenti was announced as taking over Green Arrow. Or the people were were optimistic about George Perez launching Superman.
    The people saying any book by will suck remind me those that used to say that The New 52 would fail within a year.

Why don't we all just wait and see?

Keyboard Warrior Y The Last Nerd's Avatar

From Bleeding Cool:

I understand a recent-Image Comics creator will be writing the book after Snyder.
    Source: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/...e-swamp-thing/

Now I know everything on Bleeding Cool should be taken with a grain of salt, but more often then not they turn out to be right, and in this case it would be a blessing. Starlin on this series would mean my dropping it like a ton of bricks.

Get Brandon Graham onto this. It makes so much sense.
    I support Danny LuVisi's Last Man Standing.

i like Swampy as a character so i will probably give the new creators a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Deluge View Post
    Get Brandon Graham onto this. It makes so much sense.
    Hah, he'd never do it.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

China Meville >:E
    BB