Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

I think Marvel gave up on books with super large casts. Think about it, after Avengers The Initiative and Avengers Academy, which had extensive casts, out of nowhere, Arena appeared to cut down the new characters.

I think Marvel believes books with massive casts just don't sell...

New idea:
    With the overabundance of heroes in certain areas of the US like New York, a growing number of villains are starting to target areas that have less super-heroes. More and more regions get attacked by super-villains everyday and there's nobody to protect the population.
    Trying to stop this growing thrend, the US government restarts the Inititiative program, sending incentives to existing local teams like The Order and The Rangers and creating new teams in regions that don't them already.
    There would be one main team (the focus of a new ongoing) that would be ready to act whenever unprotected areas got attacked.
    I would also link the Dark Avengers to this new Initiative, they'd be a secret side to this new program and could go beyond American soil.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I think Marvel gave up on books with super large casts. Think about it, after Avengers The Initiative and Avengers Academy, which had extensive casts, out of nowhere, Arena appeared to cut down the new characters.

I think Marvel believes books with massive casts just don't sell...
    Avengers will have a pretty big cast. 24 characters is a bigger than most books out there have. LoSH is the only DC book with a bigger cast that I can think of.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Yeah, the logic of using varied settings is always there, but it's too convenient for characters to be in the Tri-State area when a writer needs them.

I still want a New Orleans-based team, but I doubt that will happen.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor View Post
    Avengers will have a pretty big cast. 24 characters is a bigger than most books out there have. LoSH is the only DC book with a bigger cast that I can think of.
    But they're using A-List characters.

But they're using A-List characters.
    So? You said Marvel believes books with large casts don't sell, that's obviously not true.
    Of course books with popular characters tend to sell more, but that's a whole other matter that has little to do with the actual size of the cast, which is what we were discussing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor View Post
    So? You said Marvel believes books with large casts don't sell, that's obviously not true.
    Of course books with popular characters tend to sell more, but that's a whole other matter that has little to do with the actual size of the cast, which is what we were discussing.
    Thing is, as much as you guys want another initiative, unless Captain America, Wolverine and Spider-Man are in the front running, you could have a cast of 100, and it probably won't light up the charts. That's why I'm a little discouraged with the idea now, seeing what came out of it.

Thing is, as much as you guys want another initiative, unless Captain America, Wolverine and Spider-Man are in the front running, you could have a cast of 100, and it probably won't light up the charts. That's why I'm a little discouraged with the idea now, seeing what came out of it.
    Sure, I never said it would be a huge seller or that I actually think Marvel would launch a new Initiative book, I was just sharing my idea for a hypothetical new series. And no, it wouldn't feature Cap, Spider-Man or Wolverine ;)

The 50 State Initiative would become the Avengers Initiative. The Avengers placing a current or former member as the Leader of each team with over a 100 former members there is enough still active to accomplish this. I would also place teams in Washington DC and Puerto Rico as well. Some Examples: Black Knight/Crusaders, Thing/Fantastic Force, Thor/Pantheon, Captain America/Avengers, Human Torch/Golden Agency, Hawkeye/Squadron Supreme, Hellcat/Hell's Belles, Silverclaw/Loners (Puerto Rico), Havok/First Line (Hawaii) ect. I been playing around with this idea and may post my team ideas when i finish filling the rosters.

It is a bit disappointing that all these characters went into limbo. Sure there were a lot of randoms, but a good hanful of the characters were pretty interesting, and it'd be nice to see where they ended up.

I want more Cloud 9 sky sniping plz.

I miss the young characters, and the individual teams. It was great to see The Rangers in Scarlet Spider, but why hasn't The Order ever shown up in X-Men??

I had hoped to see more of Seattle's Earth Force as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I miss the young characters, and the individual teams. It was great to see The Rangers in Scarlet Spider, but why hasn't The Order ever shown up in X-Men??

Because the Young Avengers get the most fanart and therefore they are the most popular.

Actually the Order did have a brief cameo I believe in Gillen's Uncanny X-Men.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

My guess is that Marvel doesn't really want to be reminded of that fiasco.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I just did an interview with Cullen Bunn. He said the Liberteens are likely to eventually show up in VENOM.

http://www.examiner.com/article/cull...mportant-venom
    Twitter: @PAComicExaminer

Teams due for a New 52 debut

#examcomics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
    I just did an interview with Cullen Bunn. He said the Liberteens are likely to eventually show up in VENOM.

http://www.examiner.com/article/cull...mportant-venom
    That
    is
    HILARIOUS!

There's someone I know who keeps bringing up the Liberteens!