Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Fifty State Initiative Heroes: What happened to them?

Did the Initiative State teams end? I thought it was so cool when they came to be after Civil War. I always like The Rangers, then when all those new teams formed, I wanted to read about them too.

There were so many characters in the initiative........now forgotten

The Point Men in Hawaii, Network,

Weren't the Rangers in Scarlet Spider?

BANNED

They're still out there. Just not seen. Probably better that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I think most of them were disbanded. They were part of a federal initiative that no longer exists.

The Order is still out inCalifornia
    Hawkeye, X-Men Legacy, FF, Animal Man, Wonder Woman, Manhattan Projects, Fatale, East of West, Bedlam, Saga, Bandette, Nowhere Men

Why is it better that way? Obviously not every member of every team was a break out star waiting to happen but I think the small glimpes we got to see of some of the teams were pretty cool & I wouldn't be opposed to see an appearance from some of the former teams every now & agian just like we saw with the Rangers in Scarlet Spider.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Why is it better that way? Obviously not every member of every team was a break out star waiting to happen but I think the small glimpes we got to see of some of the teams were pretty cool & I wouldn't be opposed to see an appearance from some of the former teams every now & agian just like we saw with the Rangers in Scarlet Spider.
    At this point, writers will just kill them off if they come back.

I thought I was the only one who liked the Initiative stuff. :)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by capesNmasks View Post
    I thought I was the only one who liked the Initiative stuff. :)
    You kidding me?! I loved the Initiative!

Falsworth Groundskeeper highwayguy's Avatar

Yeah, I loved the Initiative too. I just couldn't bring myself to move on to Avengers Academy because of that. I know I'm missing out. I will try it out eventually. Same goes for Avengers Arena.

Fear Itself: Youth In Revolt answered your questions. The Initiative itself is defunct. But the teams themselves are still active in an Initiative-type set-up. I can't remember all of the details. I'll need to re-read the series.
    WE NEED YOU!!
    Join in with Comicbookresources' Age of Marvels for fan-made and fan-approved solicitations!

At this point, writers will just kill them off if they come back.

You've got nothing but your own paranoia to back this assertion up. I mean yeah it's inevitable that if they're featured more prominently and get more appearances a couple of them might get bumped off but so what thats part of comics. Take the Crusader the Skrull from ATI for instance, I mean personally I thought he had a pretty good story even though it ended in his death. Are you saying they should've never used Crusader & told his story since he was gonna get killed eventually?

BANNED

You've got nothing but your own paranoia to back this assertion up. I mean yeah it's inevitable that if they're featured more prominently and get more appearances a couple of them might get bumped off but so what thats part of comics. Take the Crusader the Skrull from ATI for instance, I mean personally I thought he had a pretty good story even though it ended in his death. Are you saying they should've never used Crusader & told his story since he was gonna get killed eventually?
    Remember when Jennifer Kale started showing up again in books? Yeah, then we saw what happened.

Remember when Jennifer Kale started showing up again in books? Yeah, then we saw what happened.

Thats is one of the most ambiguous death scenes I've ever seen in my life & if somebody gets the compulsion to use her agian there's an easy backdoor to bring her back or explain that she never died. Yes we should never eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever use any of these characters because there's a chance somebody might decide to bump them off...I'm sorry but I find that more then a bit silly & paranoid.

BANNED

Thats is one of the most ambiguous death scenes I've ever seen in my life & if somebody gets the compulsion to use her agian there's an easy backdoor to bring her back or explain that she never died. Yes we should never eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever use any of these characters because there's a chance somebody might decide to bump them off...I'm sorry but I find that more then a bit silly & paranoid.
    I'm jus t saying, Limbo might be better than being used these days.

I'm jus t saying, Limbo might be better than being used these days.

If there's no real good plan in place to use any of the characters then I agree yes leaving them in limbo might be the better option BUT to leave them in limbo because they might get bumped off That doesn't make sense to me. If there's a good story to be told then just tell it & not worry about what some other writer will do with the character 6 months down the road.