Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ummm... Hickman's writing him???

Personally, I would preferred the Sentry but to each his own...
    All stories are imaginary, so you get to decide what's important and what isn't. Continuity is fluid.

-Jeff Brady

Quoted for truth....

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    For one thing, Hickman can kill his Hyperion if he wants to, people forget that. He couldn't kill Blue Marvel, there would be an uproar like you wouldn't believe. One, he didn't create him, two he's a minority. A minority powerhouse, no less, and people get invested in him. So, if I were a writer, I'd choose Hyperion too. I can do what I want with Hyperion. Kill him. Make him turn evil. Turn him into a plant. Whatever.
    QFT!!! Hickman openly stated in the question session that for a while he didn't know who BM was till recently being asked and he said he "like the character design." I want the character to be used, but in the right context.
    Organic Underground Hip Hop
    http://boombits.bandcamp.com
    Http://soundcloud.com/boombits
    @boom_bits (IG & Twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by KavalSorcery View Post
    I understand his history in the Marvel Universe has generally been that of a Superman analogue. Is there anyone here that expects he would be any different than what Superman has always been?

Also,I also would have liked if they could have made his suit reflect the one he had in paradise X storyline. Thought that one looked cooler.
    A superman parody more often, I've gathered, although I have only read the one Blue Marvel punched around, myself. That one was kind of a ridiculous riff on, say, Crime Syndicate superman or something.

I would be cool if he were unique and different, because unique and different is always good.

I would also be cool if he were very deliberately supermanesque, because Jonathan Hickman writing Superman would be a super fun proposition.

Could go either way.
    You can see in promos - especially the preview of issue 4 - that he's more aesthetically Supermanesque than some other Hyperions, or superman clones generally.
    Someone also pointed out that his origin - from a dying universe - might be deliberately evocative of superman's origin - from a dying planet. Except infinitely more traumatic, as it happens when he's an adult.

Snap inclination is, he'll start out as basically superman in everything that matters, then diverge through all of this crap that supes has never had to deal with, then we'll do something with seeing just how long that innate heroic spirit of a superman can persist when taken away from his home. Which works well as an exploration considering how intimately tied Superman has been to Earth.

just a guess
    Last edited by PupsOfWar; 12-10-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Busy having an agenda.

For one thing, Hickman can kill his Hyperion if he wants to, people forget that. He couldn't kill Blue Marvel, there would be an uproar like you wouldn't believe. One, he didn't create him, two he's a minority. A minority powerhouse, no less, and people get invested in him. So, if I were a writer, I'd choose Hyperion too. I can do what I want with Hyperion. Kill him. Make him turn evil. Turn him into a plant. Whatever.
    QFT!

Man, the self-righteous whining and bitching would have been ear-bleeding.
    Busy having an agenda for daring to disagree with a chip on his shoulder bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFan View Post
    QFT!

Why the assumption of only negative outcomes for Hyperion(/Blue Marvel)?

Quote Originally Posted by UKFan View Post
    QFT!

Whining about whining???
    Organic Underground Hip Hop
    http://boombits.bandcamp.com
    Http://soundcloud.com/boombits
    @boom_bits (IG & Twitter)

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Ummm... Hickman's writing him???

Personally, I would preferred the Sentry but to each his own...
    Sentry was good as a ticking time bomb, nothing else. The way he was shoe-horned into being Marvel's greatest hero ever was just disgusting and outside of his craziness, he was the most boring person ever.

Napoleon of Crime Professor Moriarty's Avatar

so there are an infinite number of Hyperion's?

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    so there are an infinite number of Hyperion's?
    In theory... since there are an infinite number of alternate realities (which is where all but the 616 ones come from)
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by EC1231 View Post
    And he couldn't use Blue Marvel b/c?
    Because he wanted to use Hyperion, and is under no obligation to use some character that pretty much nobody has ever heard of.

BANNED

For one thing, Hickman can kill his Hyperion if he wants to, people forget that. He couldn't kill Blue Marvel, there would be an uproar like you wouldn't believe.
    Heh. Heh heh heh he...

Wait. You were serious?

IMO, Gladiator's cooler than Hyperion...except Supreme Power Hyperion :)
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

BANNED

I like super saian Hyperion

I would like ti see Hyerion in a 616 Squadron Supreme not Avengers. Who the hell is Blue Marvel?

There's still the hyperion from squadron sinister running around , last seen in thunderbolts (i think). Not sure why they needed to bring back "King Hyperion" from exiles only to make him such a wuss. King Hyperion was arguably one of the most powerful version of hyperion around - killed Holocaust who were stranded in 616 from AOA , destroyed his world , killed dozens of heroes from other worlds and his headling factor is ridiculous.