Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    more like the child Pestilence is carrying. It will prbably be rapidly aged to become a new heir of Apocalypse.

In the future I see a huge crossover, the apocalypse wars with the 616 version coming back to reclaim his thrown.
    this would be so epic, it is indescribably.

Hilarious. They finally confirm that Cassady can't keep up with a monthly book, I love how they say in passing like "oh yeah he's gone Acuna's taking over" Def an upgrade tho. *sigh* guess Ill have to stick with this book.
    The Avengers can go fuck themselves." -Elizabeth Braddock

I must be the only person who's a fan of Cassaday's costume for Wanda. That said, I prefer the way Olivier Coipel draws it.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...b0po1_1280.jpg

The addition of Sunfire in upcoming issue #5 and then to be drawn by Coipel really grabbed my interest. I hope Coipel stays on board for least the occasioanal fill-in issue or annual, everything Coipel draws feels like an event. Remender is writing Rogue the best and least annoying that I've read in a long time. The escape sequince in issue #2 drawn by Cassady was superb. Based on Acuna's preview art and Remender's story hints, the Uncanny Avengers is rock'n!
    Last edited by Matt190; 12-11-2012 at 11:48 PM.

I love Remender for this exact kind of stuff. He really likes to play in the world he's in. The way he took the X-Force characters and really played with their history and experiences...just amazing. He's doing a great job with the book, but I wasn't really feeling Cassaday's art on this book. I'm glad to see Acuna take over on art.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Veteran Member

This book is so far behind "Cable and X-Force" that's coming out today,it's not even funny!In U/A only thus far Alex has been recruited.In CAXF,the whole group is organised... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    I must be the only person who's a fan of Cassaday's costume for Wanda. That said, I prefer the way Olivier Coipel draws it.

Wanda's costume is the least offensive redesign in this book. Rigue and Havok look awful.
    X-Poster of the Month: March (and February) 2014

who wouldn't want to be a pretty slut vs an ugly forever ?
    ~~ forgotten poster

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

I like any of Wanda's Costumes, Cassaday's does ok, Oliver's Cover is Really Good, want to see UA #5 for how he draws the whole comic and Wanda especially.
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I was quite happy NOT reading this comic... and now I find out the fallout of the Dark Angel Saga and Apocalypse's heir happens here? Ahhhhh! Guess I'll need to jump on board now! Grrrrr!
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Glad I decided to give this a second chance after all. That art by Acuna is stunning.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdumbass View Post
    Wanda's costume is the least offensive redesign in this book. Rigue and Havok look awful.
    The problem with all of the costumes is that they are far too safe to stand out in any way. I don't mind it too much for supporting characters like Rogue and Havok but the star of the book should really be made to look as distinctive and eye-catching as possible. With Jan joining the cast though, the creators have a pretty quick and easy in-story out if they want to redesign any of the costumes, which they should definitely use. Cassaday's designs were truly awful.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdumbass View Post
    Rogue's is terrible, I agree with that much. It's plain as hell and her frame looks so boxy and mannish in it, especially the way Cassaday draws it. I don't really have an opinion about Havok's costume, I can pretty much take it or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I like any of Wanda's Costumes, Cassaday's does ok, Oliver's Cover is Really Good, want to see UA #5 for how he draws the whole comic and Wanda especially.
    I can't wait to see Coipel's art for UA #5! Coipel is just so incredible.

UNCANNY AVENGERS #6
    RICK REMENDER (W) • Daniel Acuña (A)
    Cover by John Cassaday
    The Apocalypse Twins part 1
    • New regular artist Daniel Acuña joins just in time for Thor vs Apocalypse in the 11th Century! Wait until you see these two titans first meeting and first battle!
    The Avengers’ ancestors are being hunted and only a young Thor can save his future companions!
    • And with Rama Tut and Kang pulling the strings, you know nothing good can come from any of it.
    • The future begins in the past! This is it! The future of the all-new, all-different Uncanny Avengers begins here and the effects will reverberate across the Marvel Universe for years to come!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99
    Looking at the bolded bit, I'm gonna bet Sunfire is somehow related to Pestilence.

Rogue's is terrible, I agree with that much. It's plain as hell and her frame looks so boxy and mannish in it, especially the way Cassaday draws it. I don't really have an opinion about Havok's costume, I can pretty much take it or leave it.
    Scarlet and Rogue's costumes are a bit bland and uninspiring but I wouldn't say they are awful.

Havok is wearing average everyday pants and Mickey Mouse gloves and less awesome version of his original goofy headgear. Really terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby Robot View Post
    Scarlet and Rogue's costumes are a bit bland and uninspiring but I wouldn't say they are awful.

Havok is wearing average everyday pants and Mickey Mouse gloves and less awesome version of his original goofy headgear. Really terrible.
    I like Wanda's costume, I only said Rogue's was terrible.

Last edited by Psyknight; 12-12-2012 at 02:12 PM.