Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Yet another change for Wolverine character wise!?

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

This is some Very Exciting News, now we got Apocalypse, Kang and Red Skull in one Epic Run. WOW, take about Epic battles to come. This a going to be something, this is like an new Masters of Evil on Overdrive. Apocalypse is the most interesting, but Kang and Red Skull are Very Important as well. What most interested me and the Whole story it Great, is this part:

"There's also plenty of context here with the pieces that are on the board for Havok and Rogue and Scarlet Witch and Sunfire. The story is intended to shine a light on each of our cast members. I don't want to give anything away, there's some big reveals, but every single one of our heroes has someone involved in this story that gives them personal context in this fight."
    "There are Some BIG Reveal"?

What could that be? What Character progressions are we going to get, Past, Present, Future on all of these Characters? (I really want to know how this will effect Wanda the Most.) How will they all change, better or worse then when they went in? To me it is all Very Exciting and it is great that the Story is going to revolve around Thor more now and tie in with his Solo book too.

Finally the New Artist is Great, his work is good and hopefully not only put this book back on a regular bases, but maybe even fast enough to be a Bi-Weekly book as well, but that is hoping.
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

Thank all known deities (none of which i believe in but still use for the sake of expression) that Cassaday is off this book!!! And replaced with Acuna, even better!!! This book has a chance now!!! More exclamation marks!!!!! HAAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!
    Last edited by A_Nominus; 12-10-2012 at 05:34 PM.
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    This is some Very Exciting News, now we got Apocalypse, Kang and Red Skull in one Epic Run. WOW, take about Epic battles to come. This a going to be something, this is like an new Masters of Evil on Overdrive. Apocalypse is the most interesting, but Kang and Red Skull are Very Important as well. What most interested me and the Whole story it Great, is this part:

"There are Some BIG Reveal"?

What could that be? What Character progressions are we going to get, Past, Present, Future on all of these Characters? (I really want to know how this will effect Wanda the Most.) How will they all change, better or worse then when they went in? To me it is all Very Exciting and it is great that the Story is going to revolve around Thor more now and tie in with his Solo book too.

Finally the New Artist is Great, his work is good and hopefully not only put this book back on a regular bases, but maybe even fast enough to be a Bi-Weekly book as well, but that is hoping.
    As far as Rogue goes,it'll probablely flash back to Gambit being in his "Death" persona trying to kill her...

Sounds like an interesting storyline. With Apocalypse and Kang involved it's tragic that Cable won't be in this, but Thor and Sunfire both being featured heavily should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    So has Sunfire showed up since he was running with the Marauders during Messiah Complex? If this Avengers team is all about PR and marketability he seems like a bit of an odd choice given his history.
    Nope this would be his first appearance since bishop used his head to close up his wound

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    As far as Rogue goes,it'll probablely flash back to Gambit being in his "Death" persona trying to kill her...
    That sounds Interesting. Apocalypse could also take that and turn him and others people that the Uncanny Avengers Members care about in new Horsemen too.

Acuna's art looks very good, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    And Havoc's will be about Polaris. Seems sort of too obvious though, but since this is Remender he will troll/kill someone to try and make it a bit more interesting I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    And Havoc's will be about Polaris. Seems sort of too obvious though, but since this is Remender he will troll/kill someone to try and make it a bit more interesting I suppose.
    That is my theory as well, but what I am hoping is for more than just new Horsemen, maybe a long and in-depth plan that Apocalypse, and even with Kang as well have been working on. Something that crosses with not just Thor's book but with the Events from Uncanny X-Force and some of the past few years of the 616 worlds major events to tie allot together.

I am really Hoping this event will make Uncanny Avengers like Thor, Scarlet Witch, Sunfire, Rogue, Wolverine and the others Shine very well and tell a good a progressive story about each of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Daniel Acuna! Not only will the artwork be better, but it'll be on time as well! Win-win!
    I agree. I like Cassady but Acuna's work looks great here and he is on time. As you said win-win! I don't know Acuna's work but if this preview art is any indication it's gonna be great!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Joecooler2u View Post
    I agree. I like Cassady but Acuna's work looks great here and he is on time. As you said win-win! I don't know Acuna's work but if this preview art is any indication it's gonna be great!
    If he brings us Artwork like these below, it is Going to be an Epic Book!

Nice Bait-and-switch, Marvel! Even though mostly everyone knew Cassaday couldn't keep up with a monthly schedule, they should have at least been truthful that he was going to be on for only 4 issues instead of selling him as the "regular" artist. Not a fan of Acuna, either. Would have much preferred Coipel (it's your flagship book, put your best artists on it!), or at least Opena, who was masterful on UXF with Remender.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Cassaday should never have been given the assignment considering his speed.

I'm sure at the time Marvel believed that Cassaday could do it but the reality is that he's a pretty slow artist and with the market being what it is today (things are very different from 2006-08 when books were delayed as heck) Marvel can't afford to not get out the book on time.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by BizzleTheBear View Post
    I thought I read in an interview while promoting Marvel NOW Axel or somebody was adamant that these creative teams were not going anywhere and this is the people who will be on it a year. What a joke. But I knew that was gonna happen on Uncanny Avengers. I really am not trying to troll I just wish Marvel wouldn't bull**** people.
    Well life happens, you can't expect perfection cause you'll wind up disappointed. Most of us knew Cassaday would never make those deadlines. What they should have done is have some issues in the can and have him work so many issues in the future, with lots of fill-in artists, but again it's Cassaday and he isn't too friendly with deadlines. Astonishing X-Men was a perfect example of that. Basically Cassaday should do annuals or something that comes out once in a blue moon because that fits his schedule. I'd love him to do Uncanny Avengers Annuals. Maybe if he starts now in about a year the first one can come out.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalLight View Post
    Wow, huge surprise:

Cassaday fails to stay on a title for any great length of time. Seriously, every time I hear that either he or Jim Lee is drawing a title, I chuckle, wondering who the immediate replacement will be. Guess we know for Uncanny Avengers.
    Jim Lee at least can pull off a 12 issue run. Cassaday didn't make it past what? 2-4 issues? A lot of fans are disappointed with how it derailed Remender's title. With Jim Lee we at least know he's busy with other things but he's gotten semi-regular with his work. Cassaday is just a disappointment. They should have tested him out before putting him on a regular title. Give him a mini or limited series.