Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'm just a sucker for shared universe's like Marvel, DC, Valiant, Topcow. If Dynamite's Chaos/Harris line was more coherent I would read more from them, currently I only read Lord of the Jungle(to replace Turok until he returns).
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Dark Horse and IDW need a Forum before Valiant gets one.
    "The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker side of the Doctor’s nature. Somewhere between his 12th and final incarnation."

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Unfortunately nobody really discusses IDW or Dark Horse, so a forum wouldn't fit for either two of those companies. Valiant and Dynamite both have plenty of threads and followers discussing their books and that's why they're being brought up for a possible (highly unlikely) forum

With 6(Quantum&Woody) regular monthly titles, the 7th on the way this month(Eternal Warrior) and 8(Unity) by years end thought I'd toss this back out on the table.
    Valiant is also likely to have another mini-series event this spring. Which for a few months would be 9 titles. With, lets face it a permanent #9 book starting in May for SUMMER OF VALIANT Year 3.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Comics buff TheRetroVideoGameAddict's Avatar

I'd be okay with a Valiant specific forum. Aside from Dynamite and a little bit of Dark Horse the indie boards are basically flooded with Valiant discussion so a separate forum would surly be welcome.
    Reading Dynamite pulp titles and Dark Horse superhero books.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    With 6(Quantum&Woody) regular monthly titles, the 7th on the way this month(Eternal Warrior) and 8(Unity) by years end thought I'd toss this back out on the table.
    Valiant is also likely to have another mini-series event this spring. Which for a few months would be 9 titles. With, lets face it a permanent #9 book starting in May for SUMMER OF VALIANT Year 3.

Number of titles has nothing to do with it. It's the amount of traffic that's the thing. Right now there just aren't enough people talking about Valiant for the higher ups to even consider giving them a forum.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Comics buff TheRetroVideoGameAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Number of titles has nothing to do with it. It's the amount of traffic that's the thing. Right now there just aren't enough people talking about Valiant for the higher ups to even consider giving them a forum.
    Um, what? Every title Valiant puts out gets a threat with at least a couple of pages worth of discussion, plus there are so many random Valiant threads kicking around on the first 5 pages of the indie forum that I would say that Valiant definitely deserves it's own board. It garners the most traffic on this indie forum by far.

EDIT: 11 Valiant related threads over the first 3 pages of this specific forum alone. And more than 20 in the first 6 or 7.
    Last edited by TheRetroVideoGameAddict; 09-07-2013 at 08:18 AM.
    Reading Dynamite pulp titles and Dark Horse superhero books.

A sub-forum would be better for now.

I love Valiant, but there isn't enough traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRetroVideoGameAddict View Post
    Um, what? Every title Valiant puts out gets a threat with at least a couple of pages worth of discussion
    The overwhelming majority of the Valiant threads have less than five posts in them. People just don't discuss the individual issues. I'm sure you'll come back saying the Peter Milligan thread has almost 40 posts. Or the solicits thread is around 30. But the threads talking about individual comics, the threads that there are the most of, have almost no posts.

Same is virtually true of many Image books individual issues. Clearly the ongoing Walking Dead and Spawn threads are an amalgamation of discussion.
    The allegedly highly acclaimed East of West #5 has 8 posts, latest issue of Sex has 10 so lets not act like that forum's individual issues is racking up the post count either. There are a number of CBR Preview threads with less than 5 posts....if a single post at all.

What IMAGE has right now is a higher output volume, but they have threads for books as equally anemic as some of the VALIANT ones. I do feel VALIANT will warrant a forum itself sooner than later if TPTB use the same criteria. Volume not Participation.

I've been posting here for well over ten years. I've seen forums come and I've seen forums go. The biggest criteria has always been number of posts. Look at the Wonder Woman forum. She has one book, but people post there. So there's a Wonder Woman forum.

Post count. Hell, the CrossGen forums outlasted the company by a couple months because fans were still posting there.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Now what I think we could have is a Valiant/Dark Horse/Dynamite/IDW/Boom! Forum. Then the remaining, truly Indy, books and small publishers would be discussed here.
    I agree with this idea.

^^^
    That is a solid compromise. Seems I'm the only one who bought Indy Publisher Big Dog Ink's Sharazard #0, the thread has zero replies.

I'd also agree with that idea, basically we have three groups of publisher now: big , medium, small. Doesn't make much sense anymore to throw medium and small into same bag.
    lots of dots