Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Are we getting to the point we made need a Valiant forum?

Just wondering if anybody else is feeling the general Independant section of this forum is starting to be taken over by Valiant threads, or is that just a passing phase? (Not like that wouldn't be the first time with Valiant comics.)
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I'd love to have one. I think that there is going to be enough content in the coming year or two to validate having one. They launched in May and now have 5 titles.
    If we get another 5 titles then this time next year we'll be talking about 10 titles at VALIANT. CBR is going to preview each issue. We are going to discuss each issue, that's 20 threads + any other tangent discussion threads.

IDW doesn't have one and they have enough titles and variation I'd think to warrant their own sub-thread as well. Transformers, GI Joe, Turtles, Ghostbusters could all carry several threads not to mention their other content like the new Judge Dredd.

Again, VALIANT will double those core books so we'll see what the threshold is for getting a new forum.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I think, as of right now, it's unnecessary - they publish 5 titles.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

They may publish only 5 titles but there are at least 12-15 active threads about Valiant at any given time and not all of them are comic book discussion related. There are threads about sales, where the company is headed, 90's discussion, previews, reviews, creative and internal management, and more so I could totally see Valiant getting its own forum someday. It's completely dominating the Indy board here at CBR with only Dynamite coming close in discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    I think, as of right now, it's unnecessary - they publish 5 titles.
    You know I'm a VALIANT homer, but I agree. A little early right now. At times there have been tons of threads dedicated to Dynamite books, as well. Of course most of those have faded away due to the quality or timeliness of the titles dropping off, or cancellations all together. Hopefully that will not be the case and in another year or so VALIANT will have its own thread.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    They may publish only 5 titles but there are at least 12-15 active threads about Valiant at any given time and not all of them are comic book discussion related.

If the moderators merged all the Harbinger Wars threads, there would be three Valiant threads on Page 1, not counting this one. And one of those is the "Secret Sale?" thread that can be locked. There are four more on Page 2, but three of those are previews/reviews with a grand total of 26 posts.

Those just aren't enough numbers to warrant a forum.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

VALIANT is like the Borg- RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

I'd like to hear what the doubters and sad suzies have to say about VALIANT's numbers with what they have coming in the new year, this company is building mometum and has a rock solid base. Once people read VALIANT they will find there Marvel/DC books some how less interesting, it sure happened for me and I haven't been this excited about comics for many years.

Until we get our own forum we will continue to dominate this one

The owner of the forums is usually for fewer more broad topic boards.

While Valiant is popular for the Indie board, it doesn't warrant it's own board.
    Last edited by Brandon Hanvey; 12-10-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeyeps View Post
    VALIANT is like the Borg- RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

I'd like to hear what the doubters and sad suzies have to say about VALIANT's numbers with what they have coming in the new year, this company is building mometum and has a rock solid base. Once people read VALIANT they will find there Marvel/DC books some how less interesting, it sure happened for me and I haven't been this excited about comics for many years.

Until we get our own forum we will continue to dominate this one
    I agree, the VALIANT era has begun again.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    I agree, the VALIANT era has begun again.
    QFT!

Any fan of a super hero comics universe would have to love these books, as I've said before- I wish Marvel was (but probably never can be) what VALIANT is.
    Last edited by Hawkeyeps; 12-10-2012 at 06:05 PM.

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Welcome to the age of quality comics via Valiant Entertainment. Hey Marvel, DC, and Image.......our comics are better than yours, and even if they don't admit it your fans think so too. Just sayin'.

Whether Valiant gets its own forum or not real comic book fans who know better reading when they see it and Valiant will continue to dominate discussion here on the Indy boards.

They may publish only 5 titles but there are at least 12-15 active threads about Valiant at any given time and not all of them are comic book discussion related. There are threads about sales, where the company is headed, 90's discussion, previews, reviews, creative and internal management, and more so I could totally see Valiant getting its own forum someday. It's completely dominating the Indy board here at CBR with only Dynamite coming close in discussion.
    Seems like they could all be consolidated to one thread.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Welcome to the age of quality comics via Valiant Entertainment. Hey Marvel, DC, and Image.......our comics are better than yours, and even if they don't admit it your fans think so too. Just sayin'.

Whether Valiant gets its own forum or not real comic book fans who know better reading when they see it and Valiant will continue to dominate discussion here on the Indy boards.
    Image still has some great books: Chew, Saga, TWD, Mind the Gap, Manhattan Projects, Prophet, etc. Of course that list is probably longer than any I could make for either of the Big 2 (or even between both). But VALIANT isn't competing directly with Image...at least in terms of the genre of books and the shared universe aspect. I don't think they are going to draw a ton of those readers away from their creator owned books, but they definitely can cut into the Big 2s base.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Just wondering if anybody else is feeling the general Independant section of this forum is starting to be taken over by Valiant threads, or is that just a passing phase? (Not like that wouldn't be the first time with Valiant comics.)
    Thanks for starting another VALIANT thread

Chasing the tail of dogma

Valiant is making some awesome comics, but it doesn't warrant a new forum.