Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I do agree that there are already plenty of characters in the X-Men title, however if Wolverine were to return he doesn't HAVE to be in that particular book. Heck, he doesn't even have to me a main character; He could be more like Fury, who just pops in every now and then among all the books. That way we get Wolverine back, but it's not like he's forced down our throat. It would also make each of his cameos better and more satisfying.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

On Vacation

While I agree that a return of Wolverine would be awesome I sense only a small possibility. I think this story will be a main Jimmy story instead of a main Wolverine story. My theory is that yes there will be a lot of flashbacks as Jimmy is searching for his father's past and he might even meet him but probably by the end of the book Wolverine will hand off the "Wolverine" name to his son. Because Jimmy still doesn't have a code name except for Son of Wolverine. Also there could be a chance that this story is Jimmy just talking to an admantium arm the whole time. lol

BANNED

Wolverine MAX. I must remember to get the trade when it's released.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I'm just anticipating Wolverine12's comment, so it's an evil gif.

Tho all you said is true, what would Ultimate Wolverine bring forward? He'd either go back to banging Jean Grey, he'd become a caretaker in Utopia or something or worse just become a member of the Ultimates/Avengers or so. Marvel now has Wolverine MAX (which i don't read) which i hope is for those who want their nasty Wolverine, and the mainstream Wolverine is the Commerciable hero goody two-shoes guy whos been made more heroic than anything, because we can't have jerks as heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Jeph Loeb decided that Tony Stark created the Ultimates because Sam died of cancer, that alone is still much worse than Humphries' ruining anything Hickman had planned, because at the end of the day with Hickman's departure we must also blame Alex Alonso & Mark Paniccia for not wanting Hickman's and Spencer's long story arc to go on and Ultimate Marvel "needed" an Event.

Be strong brother! Read #18.1! There might be hope!
    It's always about shifting blame, with you. Humphries' awful writing in comparison to Loeb's awful writing has nothing to do with editorial taking Hickman off one title and onto another. Loeb and Humphries are bad writers because they're bad writers.

If this does lead to his return, I really hope it is a solo series where he can do his own thing while still allowing him to pop into other books from time to time.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    If this does lead to his return, I really hope it is a solo series where he can do his own thing while still allowing him to pop into other books from time to time.
    I have a feeling that since this series is called Ultimate Comics: Wolverine, that he won't in fact get his own title afterward. Otherwise it would be a continuation, making this in fact NOT a mini, or it would be Ultimate Comics: Wolverine (vol 2), and that's weird enough with Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man (but at least they can get away with adding "All-New" to that one).
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

A story that will rock the Ultimate Universe's family tree forever!
    Maybe they'll introduce Ultimate X-23 as Jimmy's sister or half-sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Yeah, I don't see that happening. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I have a feeling that since this series is called Ultimate Comics: Wolverine, that he won't in fact get his own title afterward. Otherwise it would be a continuation, making this in fact NOT a mini, or it would be Ultimate Comics: Wolverine (vol 2), and that's weird enough with Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man (but at least they can get away with adding "All-New" to that one).
    Naming conventions aren't going to keep them from launching a series. Ultimate Spider-man has already proven that. Despite the "All-New" on the cover, it's still called "Ultimate Comics: Spider-man" in the indicia. And when the renumbered back to 150, it was still called "Ultimate Comics: Spider-man" but it was also considered the same volume as the first 133 issues of "Ultimate Spider-man."

And that's why I don't ever use "Ultimate Comics." I get it, but it's redundant when it comes to discussions. If anything, I'll just use a volume number; but usually, the context is clear enough to show which volume I'm talking about. I like the look of USM v2 a lot more than UCSM.

But now we're (read: I'm) just getting off topic.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarvell View Post
    Just speculation on my part, but I think they're doing this series to setup his return. Once you read this series, you'll understand how he survived and what will drive him in the future. Again, just speculation on my part, but why bring back a popular character who's death made people mad for just a short prequel mini-series? It has to be tied to something bigger.
    Wolverine movie, nothing more. It's tied to who Jimmy Hudson is related to.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Some artwork done by the artist of this series, Ramon Rosanas

Looks solid, excited to see him on the mini now!
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Actually it was left pretty vague since Cable even brought it up when he was talking to Logan.
    Creed and Logan they don't share the same scent. Logan mentioned several times during Kirkman's run

In UXM #99 they showed parts of Creed's memories, when he's fighting Logan (first time?) he was already a grown man http://s8.postimage.org/h565yuggl/Ul...99_006_007.jpg

Ultimate X#5: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZpkHFl4cxZ...rv8762_pg3.jpg
    Last edited by Fargo; 12-11-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Seems pretty obvious to me that the title of this series is just as much a reference to Jimmy becoming Wolverine as Logan being part of the story. Maybe we'll even see him in the long lost costume from the relaunch's covers...

Looking forward to this. X-Men has been slow, dull and lifeless since Wood took over, so it will be good to see Jimmy finally getting some actual character development outside of wanting to shag Kitty.

Whether or not this means that UltLogan is actually back, seeing that image of Wolverine in his best uniform ever made my day!

I don't think they would revive Logan when they got Jimmy. I just wish they would draw Logan appropriately. Unlike the 616 version, Logan in the ultimate universe is a a very good looking man who should be rocking a goatee. He looks young as well.

Quote Originally Posted by neoblackdragon View Post
    I don't think they would revive Logan when they got Jimmy. I just wish they would draw Logan appropriately. Unlike the 616 version, Logan in the ultimate universe is a a very good looking man who should be rocking a goatee. He looks young as well.
    To be fair, UltLogan hasn't rocked the soul patch since Mark Millar left Ultimate X-Men...