Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 94
  1. #31
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    What happened to the Balfro i knew. :(
    Humphries.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  2. #32
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Sweet Zombie Jesus! This is sweet!

    I don't know what I like more, the fact that Jimmy will sort of have his own mini or the fact that WOLVERINE will have his own mini, even after death :P

    This is easily the best news we've heard in a while!
    Wolverine: So awesome that even death can't stop him from having a mini.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

  3. #33
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Humphries.

    Oh please, when Jeph Loeb was writing you had both Millar and Bendis at your side, now you have Bendis and Wood at your side!

    Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    Because it cheapens the entire line. Dead is dead is such a hard line that the only time anyone gets through the net now is an editorial mistake it seems.

    I like Wolverine dead in the Ultimate universe. He's in 616, so is Peter. In ultimate we have Jimmy and Miles. Why do we need Logan back? What could he add? All it would do is turn Ultimate X-Men into Wolverine and the X-Men with Wolverine and 20 kiddy mutants.

    Bring back Wolverine and Kitty goes back to following orders and every story becomes the same old stuff where Wolverine saves the day because well, he's Wolverine and he's pretty much the Mary Sue of Marvel.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  4. #34
    Senior Member Morentez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    [IMG]

    I don't understand this reference...
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

  5. #35
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,305

    Default

    I'm just anticipating Wolverine12's comment, so it's an evil gif.

    Tho all you said is true, what would Ultimate Wolverine bring forward? He'd either go back to banging Jean Grey, he'd become a caretaker in Utopia or something or worse just become a member of the Ultimates/Avengers or so. Marvel now has Wolverine MAX (which i don't read) which i hope is for those who want their nasty Wolverine, and the mainstream Wolverine is the Commerciable hero goody two-shoes guy whos been made more heroic than anything, because we can't have jerks as heroes.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  6. #36
    Aspiring Spider-Man StepsOntheMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    167

    Default

    this is a very good idea. Jimmy gets some character development, we get some more backstory on classic Utimate Wolverine, get some good storylines out of a character that should stay good and dead. I'm liking this, I'm liking this.

  7. #37
    Too Fast J/O/J/O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    All of space and time
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    OMG I cant stop laughing at how awesome this is.Totally out of left field.I wonder if this will make Jimmy wear the costume from the Spencer run's covers?I thought it was pretty cool.

  8. #38
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Oh please, when Jeph Loeb was writing you had both Millar and Bendis at your side, now you have Bendis and Wood at your side!
    The difference being that A) I didn't mind the stories from Loeb so much as his writing was a little weird, Humphries is just plain ruining everything he touches, and B) Before Ultimatum I ONLY read Ultimate Spider-Man so I could really care less what was going on in the rest of the UU. Now that I read the entire line, it's easy for one book to drag the others down.

    In all honesty, as much as I like the UU, I don't LOVE it like I once did, and that's thanks to the recent issues of the Ultimates. It'll take a new writer, or at least better writing, to get me revved up again.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  9. #39
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    The difference being that A) I didn't mind the stories from Loeb so much as his writing was a little weird, Humphries is just plain ruining everything he touches
    Jeph Loeb decided that Tony Stark created the Ultimates because Sam died of cancer, that alone is still much worse than Humphries' ruining anything Hickman had planned, because at the end of the day with Hickman's departure we must also blame Alex Alonso & Mark Paniccia for not wanting Hickman's and Spencer's long story arc to go on and Ultimate Marvel "needed" an Event.

    Be strong brother! Read #18.1! There might be hope!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  10. #40
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Claw City
    Posts
    6,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    Because it cheapens the entire line. Dead is dead is such a hard line that the only time anyone gets through the net now is an editorial mistake it seems.

    I like Wolverine dead in the Ultimate universe. He's in 616, so is Peter. In ultimate we have Jimmy and Miles. Why do we need Logan back? What could he add? All it would do is turn Ultimate X-Men into Wolverine and the X-Men with Wolverine and 20 kiddy mutants.

    Bring back Wolverine and Kitty goes back to following orders and every story becomes the same old stuff where Wolverine saves the day because well, he's Wolverine and he's pretty much the Mary Sue of Marvel.
    Well if we ignore the dangling plot threads left when he "died," he brings back a key component to the human/mutant relations. He is mutant zero and that is a story in itself. I would think that Wolverine could support a solo series (or 3 lol) and could have little to no interaction with Reservation X. He could be on the Ultimates, he could be in Tian, he and Jimmy could have a father/son team book. There is a ton of story potential with him, I will concede that if Marvel decided to bring him back only to have him assume control of Kitty'y team that would be a sad turn of events to most readers, not me personally, but I can clearly see why most wouldn't want that.

    To simply dismiss him as not bringing stories to the table I think is a bit short sighted. Also I have never understood how bringing back a dead character cheapens the line, there are so many examples of it happening now that "dead means dead" seems pointless. Marvel will break their rules if they think the story is good and it will make them money, case in point Spider-Men.

    All this being said, I do understand your point. The Ultimate Universe is completely different from 616 now and I enjoy some of that appeal and the opportunities for stories it provides, at the same time I don't think bringing back Wolverine changes that drastically enough where you could call the UU a copy of 616.

    @DRZ, Wolverine MAX is a very vicious version of Logan and I love it!
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

  11. #41
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,508

    Default

    Is Wolverine MAX set in 616 or a different universe?
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  12. #42
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Is Wolverine MAX set in 616 or a different universe?
    MAX title is it's own corner. Rated M for mature, you would like the Punisher stuff. =) Thats what we recommended for you!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  13. #43
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    MAX title is it's own corner. Rated M for mature, you would like the Punisher stuff. =) Thats what we recommended for you!
    Interesting... :) Thanks for the info
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  14. #44

    Default

    Very cool news. I wonder who else will show up in the mini. Seeing as they are talking about Wolverine's family tree, I hope to see ultimate versions of Daken and X-23.

  15. #45
    @ALLENRICKETTS Codah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dallas. TX
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimitriKalashnikov View Post
    Very cool news. I wonder who else will show up in the mini. Seeing as they are talking about Wolverine's family tree, I hope to see ultimate versions of Daken and X-23.
    I hate to admit it but I'd like to see Daken as well.

    Also, My Little Pony is gross and for man-babies. I must voice my disapproval of that .gif.
    Comics are more better.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •