Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

cautiously optimistic, if Johns brings his JSA game it'll be a fantastic book if he brings his JL it'll be meh, mainly looking forward to it for Martian Manhunter and Hawkman being written by Johns again.

Also Stargirl looking forward to her too.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    as long as finch draws the women of the book as women and not the malformed girls like here the art should be great
    Yup agreed, not the biggest fan of this art! What is this by the way?

Johns is slowly carving out his "own" team in the JL book and his writing on it has improved (there's still OOC moments but it's better than it used to be). I assume JLA will mean he's in full flow with a team entirely of his own choosing, and this should be a badass book.
    I support Danny LuVisi's Last Man Standing.

im actually really excited for it, thinking its gonna be some sort of 'screw you trinity' response of the government to try and take them down during trinity war if needed. i like the characters in justice league more, but this has my attention more

I absolutely can not wait for this title. Very pumped.

BANNED

The lineup just seems weird to me for a Justice League of "America" book. Martian Manhunter's an alien, is Zatanna even American? Vibe is suppose to be in some gang i think and Catwoman is a thief? Just seems off to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackysaurus View Post
    The lineup just seems weird to me for a Justice League of "America" book. Martian Manhunter's an alien, is Zatanna even American? Vibe is suppose to be in some gang i think and Catwoman is a thief? Just seems off to me.
    It's a JL that America's government put together. They haven't banded together of their own accord to protect the US or anything like that.

It makes sense that they're who they are, because who else is better that ARGUS could have recruited?
    I support Danny LuVisi's Last Man Standing.

Glad to see MM back in JL book.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I think some of the people in this book would be better in the main Justice League title. I'd really like to have a bigger roster in the that title.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackysaurus View Post
    I can definetly see what your saying, none the less I'm gona keep my hopes high and hope for the best!

I think it will be a solid title but I will admit I am not excited for the trinity war at all it just seems like a Civil War or Avengers vs X-men knock off

I have a strong suspicion that it is going to be quite a bit better than Justice League, as was the case with Bendis' New Avengers compared to his Avengers.

While there's no Hal or Aquaman, it seems like a cast of Johns' pet characters or characters that he's always wanted to write and that will likely lead to better comics.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    It's like the Detroit team all over again.

Truth, Justice and my god what happen to the American Way..
    That's exactly what it feels like. The whole thing just sounds terrible; might as well add vixen to cement its place as a top 2 most ridiculous JLA roster.

I'm looking forward to see Steve Trevor recruit the different members
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Loves me some Justice League, but this one looks much more interesting than the flagship title.

Esp looking forward to MM, Hawkman, Katana and Vibe.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am