Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Question Justice League of America #1 hits in february! Thoughts?

JLA #1 is gona hit soon and I'm confused as to what this book is gona be about... Wanna hear what you guys think? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	105517

I'm not sure as to the purpose, maybe just a team doing their thing.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

It's wonderwomens x team, Steve travor I think his name. its a team to battle more top secret missions. Stuff the Justice League of america cant know. it sounds really good.

It's the USA's response team to the Justice League, given that Supes/Bats/Wondy refuse to be under the government's thumb.
    So Steve Trevor puts together a team (probably under the ARGUS umbrella) to respond to metahuman threats.
    According to Johns, he's returning to his JSA writing style for this book.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

I'm mainly getting it for Martian Manhunter and Katana, but I'm also hoping that Arrow and Hawkman, will be at each-others throats, at some point, for old-time's sake.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by CelosBeats View Post
    It's wonderwomens x team, Steve travor I think his name. its a team to battle more top secret missions. Stuff the Justice League of america cant know. it sounds really good.
    They're going to be the "World's Most Dangerous Heroes." It seems like one of their main purposes will be to oppose a new Secret Society of Super Villains--which I guess will in turn be connected to Pandora's Box and Trinity Wars. (The communicator GA finds on a villain and shows Steve Trevor in a recent JL backup has the Pandora's Box face on it.)

I'm not sure how secret they will be--doesn't the March solicit say something about Vibe's first "public" mission for the team? Maybe part of the job is take on missions that could be public relations disasters for the main League. It seems like the JLA going to be government sponsored--because Steve is U.S. military and ARGUS--but, then again, with Amanda Waller taking over as JL liasion and Steve refusing to work with her (also in a recent JL and that backup), maybe it will be more independent from the government than we expected. There was a mention in one of the interviews or somewhere of a shadowy figure who is working with Steve to bring the team together. Apparently each member will have his or her own agenda for working with the team.

BANNED

as long as finch draws the women of the book as women and not the malformed girls like here the art should be great

BANNED

Cant Wait to see Finch's Martian Manhunter in Action

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    Cant Wait to see Finch's Martian Manhunter in Action
    Yes please. 90% of my excitement is for Martian Manhunter.
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

It's like the Detroit team all over again.

Truth, Justice and my god what happen to the American Way..

If it's JSA or even Aquaman Johns, that'd be nice. But at the moment I fear it'll be written by Justice League Johns. The plot info doesn't fill me with hope either, as it seems to be awful people doing awful things even moreso than Justice League. I assume Stargirl's there to call everyone out on being awful and motivate them to become actual heros, but who knows how long that might take?

Yeah that's what I think would make most sense, seeing as JLI didin't see the succes DC was hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    I'm mainly getting it for Martian Manhunter and Katana, but I'm also hoping that Arrow and Hawkman, will be at each-others throats, at some point, for old-time's sake.
    Yeah same I really want to see Martian Manhunter delved into in this new dcu

Certified Mar-Vell Zombie Comet Man's Avatar

Can't wait for it. It's my most eagerly awaited title coming up.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Hawkman on a team, and seeing him interact with other heroes. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing Vibe on the team.
    I seriously miss Captain Mar-Vell.

Certified Mar-Vell Zombie Comet Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    as long as finch draws the women of the book as women and not the malformed girls like here the art should be great
    That looks great, so I prefer the malformed women.
    I seriously miss Captain Mar-Vell.