Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Default The Battle of the Century is ever closer: Wonder Woman VS Zealot

DC's New 52 title Team 7 upcoming issue #5 set in the past shows that the WildC.A.T.S. leader Spartan (an artificial being) is up and running in the DCnU. And THAT means that at a certain point the WildC.A.T.S. are going to be reintroduced, but in the DCnU for the first time. And that includes the teams ultimate warrior woman, ZEALOT!

This was some fan pages someone made on the internet a ways back, and I've been primed for the reality ever since! Diana running into Zealot has been as high an exciting expectation for me as her meeting Xena, and with Spartan being shown for the first time this means that this fight will one day in the not too distant future become a reality!

Although in the end I'm sure they will become respectful warrior sisters, as Zealot's race are pretty much Amazons from space more or less.

Who else is excited at this eventual meeting that is sure to happen in the not too distant future for our Amazon Princess?
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Thanks for sharing those scans, BatGRRRl4ever. Fun read.

Yeah, I look forward to WW and Zealot - but why do I get the feeling I've seen it; isn't there a Morrison story about a crossover or something? I thought I read something like that in a tpb from the library, a back-up feature. Am I remembering that wrong?
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Moderate Moderator Javier Velasco's Avatar

Those aren't fan pages. They are from JLA/WILDCATS by Morrison. WW has already met Zealot. Zealot couldn't lay a finger on Diana.

Zealot was in the latest issue of Stormwatch (#17). She showed up to capture Apollo and Midnighter. Seems she has history with the latter.

Last edited by FIFTY-TWO (52); 02-11-2013 at 11:02 PM.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Javier Velasco View Post
    Those aren't fan pages. They are from JLA/WILDCATS by Morrison. WW has already met Zealot. Zealot couldn't lay a finger on Diana.
    Beat me to it :)

Quote Originally Posted by Javier Velasco View Post
    AHA, good to know. When I had always put Justice Leage/WildCATS in a google search nothing came up, but I now know it was because one had to put in JLA. Well here's the cover:

The fight would be different now though, as Wonder Woman is slightly depowered from Pre-Flashpoint as last I saw she can't fly still and her strength while great is less than it used to be. So while I am sure Diana would beat Zealot, it would be a bit harder for her to do so now, IMO.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

CBR Mod/WW Section Mom Gaelforce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    AHA, good to know. When I had always put Justice Leage/WildCATS in a google search nothing came up, but I now know it was because one had to put in JLA. Well here's the cover:

The fight would be different now though, as Wonder Woman is slightly depowered from Pre-Flashpoint as last I saw she can't fly still and her strength while great is less than it used to be. So while I am sure Diana would beat Zealot, it would be a bit harder for her to do so now, IMO.
    Ummm...

Well, Diana definitively *can* fly as it's been shown in multiple books.

She also is strong enough to (at the very least) live several hundred tons and beat a god senseless without breaking a sweat.

I'm a fan of Zealot, but Diana would still chew her up and spit her out, imo.

BANNED

Actually to be precise this will be the third meeting between them, since there was that non-canon (for DC at least) mini called Dreamwar...where Zealot got to skewer Batman.

It's not me, It's you

I had brought up the idea of reintroducing Zealot as an adversary to WW in the new 52 when it first came out. First as a villain but then once the WildCats were reformed she'd be a good guy/gal again. In order for her to go toe to toe with WW she'd need a significant power up and figured since all the old rules were not in play, why not?

Whiz Kids Vs. Witchcraft! tangentman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Zealot was in the latest issue of Stormwatch (#17). She showed up to capture Apollo and Midnighter. Seems she has history with the latter.

Surely they didn't make Apollo & Midnighter straight?!
    Who needs CoTM when you can have a Skullie?

I am Tangent Man! I do not care!

Quote Originally Posted by tangentman View Post
    Surely they didn't make Apollo & Midnighter straight?!
    No, they're still gay and kinda sorta together (Apollo stupidly thought Midnighter was a team traitor and he's in the doghouse as a result....) but they are now very boring.

Nu52 was not kind to the Authority.

E.J. Morges Oblivious Press Oblivion's Avatar

I've been looking forward to them coming together as well.
    "Other than that" seems to be a common theme running rampant within my work.
    It's like a disease. No matter what I do I canít seem to shake the ailment.

PressOblivion.com (Comics at the Brink) or not really.

Speaking of Wonder Woman vs someone...

She's apparently fighting Supergirl in Supergirl's book this month. I guess we should expect that not to go well for her? @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Bullets& Bracelets View Post
    No, they're still gay and kinda sorta together (Apollo stupidly thought Midnighter was a team traitor and he's in the doghouse as a result....) but they are now very boring.

Nu52 was not kind to the Authority.
    It's my understanding that Stormwatch is getting a soft hard reboot starting with issue #19 in a last ditch attempt to turn the title around. #19 is being hailed as essentially a new beginning for the book.
    Pull list:

Quote Originally Posted by lcg16 View Post
    Speaking of Wonder Woman vs someone...

She's apparently fighting Supergirl in Supergirl's book this month. I guess we should expect that not to go well for her? @_@
    99.9% I'm sure you're right. Supergirl has Home Turf advantage.