Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Well it seems like Valiant is taking too many clues from Marvel, why can't this story be told in the course of the books involved? Is a mini on top what makes the most sense nowadays?
    Don't get me wrong, this event looks very interesting even if Bloodshot was not really my kind of book, I've been loving Harbinger and from what has happened so far in there this kind of collision was to be expected.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

I guess the mini is so that people who don't read one book or the other can still get the big story. I'm glad it's four issues and not 8 or 12 like Marvel's events tend to be. It doesn't bother me, because the event is a direct development of the stories of the books, rather than a plot-driven incident that happens and then takes over the books for months at a time (I'm looking at you, Fear Itself...)

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    It would have 12 issues in all:
    Harbinger Wars#1-4
    Bloodshot#9-12
    Harbinger#11-14
    But I think Bloodshot and Harbinger can be read on it's own without reading the other.
    New series coming out of this maybe: Rai and the Future Force.
    Just to add to that with the creative teams:

Harbinger Wars #1-4 by Joshua Dysart, Dwayne Swierczynski and Clayton Henry
    Harbinger #11-14 by JD and Khari Evans
    Bloodshot #10-13 by DS and Barry Kitson (note that issues 9 is the previously solicited "Harbinger Hunter" flashback issue, which should tie right into Harbinger Wars)

Also, anyone want to speculate as to the identities of any of these children? They are teased as having some familiar VH1 names in the group. Perhaps some of the second generation, Faith-led Harbinger team and/or Harada's original Egg-Breakers?
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

I was just reading ValiantFans.com and now I see why Rai could logically come out of this event. They haven't mentioned the origin of the spoilers:
    nanite tech
    end of spoilers yet, right?
    Marvel, VALIANT, Archie

Quote Originally Posted by randomlee26 View Post
    I was just reading ValiantFans.com and now I see why Rai could logically come out of this event. They haven't mentioned the origin of the spoilers:
    nanite tech
    end of spoilers yet, right?
    No, not yet. All we know is there was at least one other person who was infused with them and they evolved and gained self-awareness within that person. This led to the "Grey Goo" incident seen via flashback.

We also know Iwatsu, another VALIANT Japanese character, was the original head of PRS. Put the two together and my theory is the new Rai will be a composite being of living Nanites.

The Bleeding Monk has to fit into all this somehow as well.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

You know, I'm now wondering why Archer & Armstrong aren't involved in Harbinger Wars, after that MASSIVE revelation about Archer in issue 4...
    Marvel, VALIANT, Archie

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Well it seems like Valiant is taking too many clues from Marvel, why can't this story be told in the course of the books involved? Is a mini on top what makes the most sense nowadays?
    Don't get me wrong, this event looks very interesting even if Bloodshot was not really my kind of book, I've been loving Harbinger and from what has happened so far in there this kind of collision was to be expected.
    I think VALIANT's plan is if you just read Harbinger or Bloodshot your read won't be disturbed by the event and if some one just wants to check out just the event itself they can and everything will offer a complete story in itself. For those of us loving the VALIANT tapestry it will be a 3 course meal

You know, I'm now wondering why Archer & Armstrong aren't involved in Harbinger Wars, after that MASSIVE revelation about Archer in issue 4...
    I have a feeling there is something between A&A and XO, I'm thinking there is some Vine/Akashic Plane/Boon/Shanhara thing going on and that might be the next mini event after Harbinger Wars. We haved been teased that Planet Death will have big implications for the whole VU.

I also look at the way their books have roled out- one week we get A&A and Bloodshot then we get Harbinger and XO the next week. Bloodshot is crossing with Harbinger and A&A/XO seems like a natural fit especially considering there has been Vine mention in A&A.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Just to add to that with the creative teams:

Harbinger Wars #1-4 by Joshua Dysart, Dwayne Swierczynski and Clayton Henry
    Harbinger #11-14 by JD and Khari Evans
    Bloodshot #10-13 by DS and Barry Kitson (note that issues 9 is the previously solicited "Harbinger Hunter" flashback issue, which should tie right into Harbinger Wars)

Also, anyone want to speculate as to the identities of any of these children? They are teased as having some familiar VH1 names in the group. Perhaps some of the second generation, Faith-led Harbinger team and/or Harada's original Egg-Breakers?
    OK! There could be Sam, Butch, Simon and the female Jolt.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes!

I sooooooo can't wait for this! And I love that the writers of the books are actually co-writing the event. So much sound logic and awesomeness! I'm sure this will seed another awesome Valiant book, probably Rai, and I am completely ready for that in my life.

As for the idea of a later X-O/A&A crossover, I'd just like to throw in there that Eternal Warrior knew Aric from his pre-abduction days in the old Valiant, so that could make such a story more interesting. Not to mention that the Boon works on necromantic energy and is kept secret by the Geomancers, so he new Geomancer and Shadowman would make sense, perhaps. It's also interesting that Bloodshot, Harada and the Renegades are in a position to know that Archer is a Harbinger before he does, because of their proximity to the Nursery story-wise. Could lead to a crossover there, too...
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeyeps View Post
    I have a feeling there is something between A&A and XO, I'm thinking there is some Vine/Akashic Plane/Boon/Shanhara thing going on and that might be the next mini event after Harbinger Wars. We haved been teased that Planet Death will have big implications for the whole VU.

I also look at the way their books have roled out- one week we get A&A and Bloodshot then we get Harbinger and XO the next week. Bloodshot is crossing with Harbinger and A&A/XO seems like a natural fit especially considering there has been Vine mention in A&A.
    That would make sense; it'd be interesting if there was an A&A/XO crossover mini event next, followed by a massive full-line event at the end of the year.

Valiant sure is doing something right, since we're all speculating about mysteries and mythology and there doesn't seem to be any kind of reader apathy with any of these books.
    Marvel, VALIANT, Archie

That would make sense; it'd be interesting if there was an A&A/XO crossover mini event next, followed by a massive full-line event at the end of the year.

Valiant sure is doing something right, since we're all speculating about mysteries and mythology and there doesn't seem to be any kind of reader apathy with any of these books.
    I definitely feel the links between XO and A&A, but with Planet Death being pushed as an "XO Event", I think an A&A/Shadowman crossover is more likely as they seem the closest to the "magic" element.

Of course something involving the Immortal Brothers, XO, the Boon, the Faraway, Shanhara, Gilad & Aric, Timewalker, Archer, he Ahkashic record, etc. makes sense down the line.

I definitely feel the links between XO and A&A, but with Planet Death being pushed as an "XO Event", I think an A&A/Shadowman crossover is more likely as they seem the closest to the "magic" element.

Of course something involving the Immortal Brothers, XO, the Boon, the Faraway, Shanhara, Gilad & Aric, Timewalker, Archer, he Ahkashic record, etc. makes sense down the line.
    I could even see a story set in the past that could have Gilad and Aram cross over with a former Shadowman and as the Plantings have been around since 400 AD it could also involve the Vine, the Boon and some Master Darque history to boot. That could definetly pull those three books together and would make a really cool mini that could be read on it's own as it's a tale from the past but at the same time have reveals for the various on going books.

The one thing that is a common thread with XO, A&A and Shadowman is all 3 have vast unrevealed historys that span hundereds and even thousands of years. A mini could serve as a form pre-quel for all 3 and be great entry point for new readers, if it was set in the past a knowledge of what was going on in the books currently wouldn't be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeyeps View Post
    I could even see a story set in the past that could have Gilad and Aram cross over with a former Shadowman and as the Plantings have been around since 400 AD it could also involve the Vine, the Boon and some Master Darque history to boot. That could definetly pull those three books together and would make a really cool mini that could be read on it's own as it's a tale from the past but at the same time have reveals for the various on going books.

The one thing that is a common thread with XO, A&A and Shadowman is all 3 have vast unrevealed historys that span hundereds and even thousands of years. A mini could serve as a form pre-quel for all 3 and be great entry point for new readers, if it was set in the past a knowledge of what was going on in the books currently wouldn't be necessary.
    Interesting idea. Call it "Darque Passages" and follow an ages long conspiracy that involves the Vine, the Anni-Pada, previous Shadowmen, etc...

Interesting idea. Call it "Darque Passages" and follow an ages long conspiracy that involves the Vine, the Anni-Pada, previous Shadowmen, etc...
    BINGO Bugsy!

This could kind of set the old powers of the world where as Harbinger and Bloodshot establish the new powers (psiots/nanites).

And all things could come together for future VALIANT and Rai!!