Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    Storm's hair isn't white, it's platinum blonde.
    Everyone sees it different, but whatever.
    Her hair is light. That's what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    By all means, please do. I do so love it when you engage in Valerie Solanas mode.
    I have to ask, is it a coincedence that you actually talk like the character in your profile pic is that something you do intentionally?

No disrespect, I like Hank McCoy a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by AntiPatriot View Post
    Everyone sees it different, but whatever.
    Her hair is light. That's what I meant to say.
    Her hair is white...this has been stated in the comics. pay no attention to the cheap trainwreck Halle Berry portrayed...

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Just about, a male storm, doing just about what most writers make her use would be no different
    Thunderstrike can't control the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogaflame View Post
    This is why they always knock her out and leave her drooling on the floor these days.

Storm represents the long suppressed African woman/goddess/queen, empowered and fierce.

For thousands of years, white men have clamored for power, raping and pillaging their African mothers along the way.

White men would rather see heroic Aryan gods swing their hammers, or genetically-modified blonde haired, blue eyed super soldiers hold up their unbreakable shields of freedom than see an empowered, naked African goddess at one with the earth and air fight for the oppressed and marginalized.

But you are right, Babylon is falling, and the Storms of the earth shall rise and inherit paradise!
    At which point do you just come out and call them "white devils"?
    Last edited by Filthy Mutie; 12-10-2012 at 11:59 AM.

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

White men would rather see heroic Aryan gods swing their hammers, or genetically-modified blonde haired, blue eyed super soldiers hold up their unbreakable shields of freedom than see an empowered, naked African goddess at one with the earth and air fight for the oppressed and marginalized.
    Where's a scan of Evil!Jean smacking Slave!Storm around when you need one.

Edit: Oooh, that panel of Sinister referring to her as a colonial pet would work, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jabu46 View Post
    Her hair is white...this has been stated in the comics. pay no attention to the cheap trainwreck Halle Berry portrayed...
    Storm's been platinum blonde in the comics since GSXM1 for anyone that can tell their colours apart.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by cybrestrike View Post
    If she was a black male, she'd be dead.
    Sad but true.

How is this thread still open?
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Your intellectual savior thirdfalcon's Avatar

This is why they always knock her out and leave her drooling on the floor these days.

Storm represents the long suppressed African woman/goddess/queen, empowered and fierce.

For thousands of years, white men have clamored for power, raping and pillaging their African mothers along the way.

But you are right, Babylon is falling, and the Storms of the earth shall rise and inherit paradise!
    Implying that white males don't want to see Storm naked

Ignoring your usual overplayed histrionics Kieran...sure I'm comparing the two...in the sense that both once were acceptable terms to call the races they refer to..but are outdated and mostly considered non-pc to use, no matter what the NAACP unfortunately still calls themsleves. Look up the word negro for reference. Like Deus Ex Machina said "rugs are oriental, people are asian." Try referring to an asian person as oriental and see how they look at you.

your wikipedia article only shows that calling "anything that belongs to the eastern world" oriental wouldn't refer to people, since people aren't things. Asians are asians, just like africans are africans...and europeans are europeans...and so forth.

but let's get back to the point of the thread...ridiculous as it is...
    My experience with Asians is that the only thing that offends them that much is if you call them the wrong nationality, e.i. calling a Korean "Chinese" or whatever. They seem to be too busy being productive to waste much time getting offended. A lot of the PC stuff is people getting offended on behalf of other people most of the time. As a white guy, there is nothing you could say about me from a racial point of view that would ever offend me. We won't be truly equal from a social standpoint until everyone is like this. Words only matter if you let them. In other words if people stop getting their jimmies rustled about this stuff then the words will be marginalized and become irrelevant, problem solved.
    Last edited by thirdfalcon; 12-10-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Sad but true.
    Agreed, here's something let's bring back the black men.

o

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    How is this thread still open?
    I second this.

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

Retired

Would this thread still be open if it had been started by a bronze badger?
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

The majority of comic book readers are white males, apart from a really good catch we dont flock to minority character titles with any lasting presence. Apart from that its more of a YAY IM BLACK diversity as a gimmick that dies off pretty quickly. See: sales of Ultimate Spidey, black panther, blade, etc.

I personally think we are waist deep in a reverse racist era of america where white males are pushing back with a hidden racism. Thank years of being told we suck for our gender and skin color while being passed over for jobs and promotions for "quotas". It didnt take more than a half dozen times of being told a place was only hiring women or minorities because they get an extra little bit of funding for 'diversity' before it killed all that liberal inclusive equality stuff I believed in college and growing up. White privilege is actually only RICH white privilege, the rest of us are punished for something we dont really have, and I think its really changing our culture.

/endrant

BANNED

I have to ask, is it a coincedence that you actually talk like the character in your profile pic is that something you do intentionally?

No disrespect, I like Hank McCoy a lot...
    No it's natural. Reading too many comics, X-Men or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    The majority of comic book readers are white males, apart from a really good catch we dont flock to minority character titles with any lasting presence. Apart from that its more of a YAY IM BLACK diversity as a gimmick that dies off pretty quickly. See: sales of Ultimate Spidey, black panther, blade, etc.

I personally think we are waist deep in a reverse racist era of america where white males are pushing back with a hidden racism. Thank years of being told we suck for our gender and skin color while being passed over for jobs and promotions for "quotas". It didnt take more than a half dozen times of being told a place was only hiring women or minorities because they get an extra little bit of funding for 'diversity' before it killed all that liberal inclusive equality stuff I believed in college and growing up. White privilege is actually only RICH white privilege, the rest of us are punished for something we dont really have, and I think its really changing our culture.

/endrant
    Your lack of awareness of white privilege doesn't make it the white whale. It's real just because you lack an awareness of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It can be traced back to the 3/5'ths compromise in our constitution and has been part of the fabric of our country to this day. Just look at this most recent election and examine how many white folks felt when Mitt lost. That doesn't mean that there isn't a better way to get white men to not just be aware of their privilege and how to deconstruct it than by calling most of you, if not all of you racist.

o