Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member HollowKyubi Espada's Avatar

Default Zoro and Sanji Vs 3rd Raikage and Kakuzu

Speed Equalized, Shroud up at the bell, no Edo Regen, who wins?

Zoro and Sanji lose, because the only thing shown able to get through the Raikage's shroud is his own shroud. Not even mountain-busting techniques can scratch him through it, so nothing either Zoro or Sanji has can affect him. He's also strong enough to beat the Hachibi in a one-on-one fight.

With Kakuzu backing him up with ranged attacks, they both end up with holes the size of the Raikage's forearm in their chests.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

what if the speed restriction is taken off, could they maybe outlast him?

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Zoro and Sanji lose, because the only thing shown able to get through the Raikage's shroud is his own shroud. Not even mountain-busting techniques can scratch him through it, so nothing either Zoro or Sanji has can affect him. He's also strong enough to beat the Hachibi in a one-on-one fight.

With Kakuzu backing him up with ranged attacks, they both end up with holes the size of the Raikage's forearm in their chests.
    when did the third take a mountain buster shot? i recall him no selling a rasenshuriken, but that's it

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    when did the third take a mountain buster shot? i recall him no selling a rasenshuriken, but that's it
    His back story.

Unless you want to argue the eight tails didn't really use a bijuu bomb on him.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    His back story.

Unless you want to argue the eight tails didn't really use a bijuu bomb on him.
    i belive under the rules we can only attribute him the feat if we see it happen

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    i belive under the rules we can only attribute him the feat if we see it happen
    Meh, Hachibi outright states he had the Bijuu bomb ready before he lost consciousness.

There is zero ways that didn't end up in giant ball of death.

I don't know the other guys, but just stopping by to say Zoro and Sanji are two of my top fav characters. (and Nami and Luffy aaand well they all rock.)
    DROKK IT!!

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Meh, Hachibi outright states he had the Bijuu bomb ready before he lost consciousness.

There is zero ways that didn't end up in giant ball of death.
    I can't quite see how it worked out in my head though.

The Raikage is charging at Hachibi, who is charging up the bijuu bomb, with his finger-sword ready. When Hachibi fires the bijuu bomb, let's say at the last second, it pushes the raikage's finger-sword into his own chest. So how did Hachibi get hit is what I'm wondering, since the finger-sword is deflected.

It didn't get deflected, after injuring the Hachibi and falling unconscious apparently he fell on top of his own finger while the technique was activated, hence the 3rd Raikage's great shame. It was Naruto's clone who figured it out I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I can't quite see how it worked out in my head though.

The Raikage is charging at Hachibi, who is charging up the bijuu bomb, with his finger-sword ready. When Hachibi fires the bijuu bomb, let's say at the last second, it pushes the raikage's finger-sword into his own chest. So how did Hachibi get hit is what I'm wondering, since the finger-sword is deflected.
    According to Hachibi they both fell unconscious with their attacks ready and loaded, likely due to sheer exhaustion.

So it is like this epic single stroke battle. Only instead of having the clash, both guys fall unconscious.

Problem is that one of the guys had a live grenade on his hands.

Grenade blows up.

Raikage falls on his own arm.

Two guys knocked out.

According to Hachibi they both fell unconscious with their attacks ready and loaded, likely due to sheer exhaustion.

So it is like this epic single stroke battle. Only instead of having the clash, both guys fall unconscious.

Problem is that one of the guys had a live grenade on his hands.

Grenade blows up.

Raikage falls on his own arm.

Two guys knocked out.
    Ok then. That is MUCH more embarrassing that what I thought happened.

But I think that it makes the whole thing about the bijuu bomb even more dubious. We don't know how charged up it was or what actually happened to the damn thing. It could just as easily have dispersed once Hachibi lost the concentration to actually keep himself up. Unless the anime expands on the whole thing I don't think that we can count tanking a bijuu bomb as a feat for the Third Raikage going by boards standards.

Why did you think he didn't tell anyone?

As for the bijuu bomb. I don't see the dispersing thing happening. It has never been shown as something that disperses if the concentration is lost, rather it has been shown as something that blows up in your face if you do, like with Six Tails vs Pain.

We could argue how powerful it was and all, but Kishimoto seems to have gone lengths to keep it at a mountain busting baseline, so I would rather go with that.

Why did you think he didn't tell anyone?
    I knew that it was embarrassing. But not THAT embarrassing.
    As for the bijuu bomb. I don't see the dispersing thing happening. It has never been shown as something that disperses if the concentration is lost, rather it has been shown as something that blows up in your face if you do, like with Six Tails vs Pain.
    But that one was pretty much finished by the time Naruto was hit by the rock. If it isn't charged enough, like when Naruto tried it before becoming buddy-buddy with Kurama, it could disperse. And in the flashback we don't even see Hachibi charging the thing. His memory of the incident is pretty fuzzy so he might've thought about preparing the bijuu bomb but collapsed before that happened.
    We could argue how powerful it was and all, but Kishimoto seems to have gone lengths to keep it at a mountain busting baseline, so I would rather go with that.
    I'm not arguing how powerful it is (though I don't think I'll ever get how Sasuke and his morons survived it). I'm arguing that we don't really know what happened to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    But that one was pretty much finished by the time Naruto was hit by the rock. If it isn't charged enough, like when Naruto tried it before becoming buddy-buddy with Kurama, it could disperse. And in the flashback we don't even see Hachibi charging the thing. His memory of the incident is pretty fuzzy so he might've thought about preparing the bijuu bomb but collapsed before that happened.
    When Naruto tried it before being friends with Kurama it kept blowing up in his face and those were (relatively) weak ones.

Guess, we'll have to agree to disagree here.

Also, Suigetsu. You may not like it, but the guy is pretty damn potent.