All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Default So, your thoughts on the 2012 VGAs?

I honestly thought they were kinda disappointing. Yeah, Dark Souls II and the Phantom Pain were the highlights and completely unexpected, but still... For example, I expected to see more from Lords Of Shadow 2. Gears Judgment was cool, though. I just thought I'd get a mind-blowing reveal, and the 2 games I mentioned at the beginning didn't do that for me. Your thoughts?
    Last edited by 666MasterOfPuppets; 12-09-2012 at 04:23 PM.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

Nothing amazing, but the Metal Gear reveal totally made up for it for me. There was really nothing more mindblowing or anticipated they could have revealed for me.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

"I have often regretted my speech, but never my silence."

Dark Souls 2 made everything worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnid View Post
    Nothing amazing, but the Metal Gear reveal totally made up for it for me. There was really nothing more mindblowing or anticipated they could have revealed for me.
    It seems you're pretty certain that the game indeed is Metal Gear. I dunno. Besides the face of the guy looking pretty similar I don't see the resemblance. I mean, when did Big Boss loose his left arm? I don't remember seeing this in the MG games I've played (EDIT: Not that I've played all the MGS games, though. Perfectly possible that I missed something important from the MGS timeline)... And there's the fact that, if true (as I pointed out in another thread), I wanted the protagonist to be the freakin' SOLID Snake. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Dark Souls 2 made everything worth it.
    I suppose you played the first one, yes?

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post

I suppose you played the first one, yes?
    PS3 and PC versions.

On that note, I hope there's a PC version of DS2 right off the bat. The difference between the console and PC version of Dark Souls was absolutely ridiculous. Damn near looked like 2 different games.

PS3 and PC versions.

On that note, I hope there's a PC version of DS2 right off the bat. The difference between the console and PC version of Dark Souls was absolutely ridiculous. Damn near looked like 2 different games.
    Oh, it will be relased on PC, too. I'm guessing that you are wondering if the development for all platforms is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    It seems you're pretty certain that the game indeed is Metal Gear. I dunno. Besides the face of the guy looking pretty similar I don't see the resemblance. I mean, when did Big Boss loose his left arm? I don't remember seeing this in the MG games I've played (EDIT: Not that I've played all the MGS games, though. Perfectly possible that I missed something important from the MGS timeline)... And there's the fact that, if true (as I pointed out in another thread), I wanted the protagonist to be the freakin' SOLID Snake. Oh well.
    http://www.facebook.com/mobydickstudios
    Attachment 105516

I'm 99.999999% sure this is Metal Gear. And the protagonist may be Solid after all, judging by the Bolid Bake picture on that page. I hope so, anyway!
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

"I have often regretted my speech, but never my silence."

Here's hoping *crosses fingers*.

This reminds me of when Lords Of Shadow was first announced. I noticed the resemblance to Castlevania right away, and even thought it was a remake (which it turns out it was, until they chose to make a full revamp) with Simon Belmont as the main character (I opened a thread and all). Later, it was revealed that the game was a Castlevania remake, and "Lords Of Shadow" was merely the subtitle. Perhaps this is what's going to happen here: The full name will end up being: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

Also, if it is Solid, would it be a prequel to MGS4 then? Or will Kojima find a way to rejuvenate Snake and get him out of retirement (cloning or nanobots)?

BTW, the only thing I know from MGS4's ending is that Snake retired (I just started playing it for the first time this past weekend).

It's the VGA. Of course, it's disappointing.

Just saw the Last of Us trailer on IGN, as well as the new Lords of Shadow preview. Two games I'm very excited about.

I'm still kinda eager to hear if that zombie game that Cliffy B and his Gears of War team (I think it was that combo) is still going to come out or not.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkNut View Post
    It's the VGA. Of course, it's disappointing.
    Not 100%. I think Walking Dead getting GoTY is a great accomplishment. Winning for story and substance over big explosions and set pieces is a good thing.

I think your expectations were far too high for the VGAs.
    Spider-Man from the beginning! Last ish: ASM #15 - Chameleon hires Kraven (first appearance!) to kill Spidey.

PS3 and PC versions.

I think i have downloaded roughly 15 patches for the pc version.

Patches or mods?

Patches or mods?
    What would an unofficial patch be?
    The stuff i downloaded i guess would technically be mods, but they work like patches.
    In 2012 no game on a pc should look worse than a game on an xbox360.