Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast

Whoa, thought bubbles! I'm not really a big fan of the original X-Men meeting their older selves. It seems like there's other more interesting stuff to do with the characters right after the jailbreak. I'll agree that the art has been incredible so far.

For me the O5 are what drew me to ANXM. Otherwise I'm not much of a X-Men reader

Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    The great thing about a healing factor is that both you and the teenage girls made vulnerable by traumatic experiences related to their mutant ability and in need of a sexualized protective male attachment figure never get older.
    Hey, Meehl, this is off-topic largely, but that Morrison quote about Magneto....where is that from? I always heard Morrison adamantly defend his take on the character.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
    I love how Scott is baffled about "WHO WOULD DO THIS" and then his first thoughts are about TELEPATHS and SHAPESHIFTERS?!?!? Are you !@$#%'ing kidding me?
    His immediate thoughts aren't about time travel? No? Dude has time traveling Magik by his side, has two children who time travel and has time traveled himself a time or two.
    But no, he thinks.. MYSTIQUE?!!?? WHAT!?
    Okay, what I hate about time travel being possible is it raises so many questions. Why wouldn't the heroes go back in time to avert disasters, rescue people who died like Professor X, all sorts of nonsense that when you have such a powerful tool as time travel, it opens the floodgates for questions like that which have no real credible answer.

The big take away with all this is with them being in the new timeline, will that effect what they do when they return?

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Difference is, the pairing was glorious in AvX.

Early X-Factor was utterly insane.
    this guy, this guyyyy

The great thing about a healing factor is that both you and the teenage girls made vulnerable by traumatic experiences related to their mutant ability and in need of a sexualized protective male attachment figure never get older.
    Omg

i am going to read Wolverine in Matthew McConaughey's voice from now on
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by refrax5 View Post
    Hey, Meehl, this is off-topic largely, but that Morrison quote about Magneto....where is that from? I always heard Morrison adamantly defend his take on the character.
    1. Meehl is misquoting Grant Morrison's quote on that topic.
    2. Grant Morrison's famous quote was about calling Magneto a "Mad old terrorist twat, and nothing like the great Sir Ian McKellan." Grant Morrison's Magneto was a metatextual amalgamation of Silver Age Magneto, 80s Anti-Hero Magneto, 90s Megalomaniac Magneto, and combined into a iconoclastic marketing social trend once he died to sell "Magneto was right," T-Shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by refrax5 View Post
    I believe it's from an interview in playboy, but I don't actually remember which interview.

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    1. Meehl is misquoting Grant Morrison's quote on that topic.
    2. Grant Morrison's famous quote was about calling Magneto a "Mad old terrorist twat, and nothing like the great Sir Ian McKellan." Grant Morrison's Magneto was a metatextual amalgamation of Silver Age Magneto, 80s Anti-Hero Magneto, 90s Megalomaniac Magneto, and combined into a iconoclastic marketing social trend once he died to sell "Magneto was right," T-Shirts.
    I'm not really misquoting Morrison here. I shortened the quote for space considerations and maybe clarified nouns, but that's basically it.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

BANNED

I'm not really misquoting Morrison here. I shortened the quote for space considerations and maybe clarified nouns, but that's basically it.
    By paraphrasing the quote you are thereby misquoting his words. Your interpretation via paraphrasing alters the meaning of his quote. They teach you that in English Class when you start writing term papers to practice proper citing of sources. You paraphrasing is not the same as directly quoting Morrison; it is altering the meaning, whether you think so or not.

For all the talk about how BMB write people OOC he is the first writer in a while to even slightly write Magneto in character.

Mheel you're right it is from play boy, because in the same interview Batman fan boys got mad. Because they felt Grant was calling Batman gay.
    Last edited by timeismoney; 12-12-2012 at 08:09 AM.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney View Post
    For all the talk about how BMB write people OOC he is the first writer in a while to even slightly write Magneto in character.
    I thought you didn't read X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I thought you didn't read X-Men?
    I never said that and Magneto is my favorite Marvel character, and I just love messing with x fans.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney View Post
    I never said that and Magneto is my favorite Marvel character, and I just love messing with x fans.
    It's always nice to see magneto fans
    Last edited by stussyjones; 12-12-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Okay, what I hate about time travel being possible is it raises so many questions. Why wouldn't the heroes go back in time to avert disasters, rescue people who died like Professor X, all sorts of nonsense that when you have such a powerful tool as time travel, it opens the floodgates for questions like that which have no real credible answer.

The big take away with all this is with them being in the new timeline, will that effect what they do when they return?
    1. Because messing with time is bad.
    2. Because if time is changed in the MU, it creates an alternate universe where what you changed happened, and all that happans in your own world is jack and squat.

The difference here is that with the doomlocks beast has, no alternate world will be made. #1 still applies.
    Wonder Man > Wonder Woman

All of entertainment can be boiled down to either Sex or Death

No amount of modern revisionism by the vocal internet minority can change the good work Bendis has done.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
    I love how Scott is baffled about "WHO WOULD DO THIS" and then his first thoughts are about TELEPATHS and SHAPESHIFTERS?!?!? Are you !@$#%'ing kidding me?
    His immediate thoughts aren't about time travel? No? Dude has time traveling Magik by his side, has two children who time travel and has time traveled himself a time or two.
    But no, he thinks.. MYSTIQUE?!!?? WHAT!?
    Given the MASSIVE amount of mutants that are shape shifters and/or telepaths, it'd be a little weird if he didn't think about them instead of time travel.
    Wonder Man > Wonder Woman

All of entertainment can be boiled down to either Sex or Death

No amount of modern revisionism by the vocal internet minority can change the good work Bendis has done.

Awesome. I'm excited to read this, and really pumped for Uncanny X-Men.

Also the March preview solicit for ANXM mentioned the O5 getting new costumes. Wonder what they will look like, and how long they will be here for?
    Either way I'm pretty enamored with this concept.