Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142 LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 623
  1. #571
    Senior Member Noronha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,147

    Default

    From Marvel POV absolutely!

    They broke the marriage, and like Leocomix said, like it never happened.

    Storywise, it makes no sense at all!
    Reading List
    All New X-Factor/X-Men

  2. #572
    One Hoopy Frood Schmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    6,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slippy_pip View Post
    I guess you and your friend are just going to gang up on me? That's real mice guys. I don't even know why you have to act like that.
    Don't flatter yourself.

    You are, however, off to a great start here, speaking in absolutes, insulting people who don't agree with you. Being all slippery in general. Kudos!

    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

    "First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

  3. #573
    The curious one.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    14,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Smith View Post
    makes it sad and pitiable though
    Why is that?

  4. #574
    The curious one.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    14,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Smith View Post
    we don't always get what we want, most of us learn that as children. a lot of us learn to stop pouting about it as adults
    Yes, that is I believe the attitude of marvel too.
    Last edited by Mark_S; 12-22-2012 at 04:06 PM.

  5. #575
    The curious one.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    14,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    thats a bit defeatist dontcha think? All change starts with a first step, why not try to be better. Set an example and perhaps others will follow.
    Perhaps and I'd like to be wrong. But the American economy is in terrible shape, there isn't enough gold in the entire solar system to pay off our debt even if we still had the means to get someone into space to mine it, our two major political parties despise each other, the press has for the most part split up and chosen sides... I'm home recovering so I get a chance to watch the news, all channels and while I see flashes here and there of what was, I only see flashes. America seems to be Europe in 1912.
    I still hope to be wrong though. But with congress scooting out of town and both sides blaming each other I don't see much indication that I am.

  6. #576
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    The Christmas spirit moved me!
    He "moved" you? Is that what the kids are calling it now?

  7. #577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    Don't flatter yourself.

    You are, however, off to a great start here, speaking in absolutes, insulting people who don't agree with you. Being all slippery in general. Kudos!


    I just call it like I see it. I just made a statement of fact that OMD was a bad story. And I observed that you weren't being very nice to someone else. Both of these are facts and you start jumping all over my case about it. And what's with the random picture? Is that another "inside joke" for you're buddies to make fun of new guys? What ever. I'm pretty much done talking to you I think. Kudos back at you! Whatever that means.

  8. #578
    Just Sayin'
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Middle of Hell, OH
    Posts
    8,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Smith View Post
    you guys all look the same to me
    You racist!!!
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

  9. #579
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,579

    Default

    Here we go...

  10. #580
    R.I.P. Spidey Cyclopsj316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,569

    Default

    The answer to this thread is really simple.

    IT'S MAGIC. It doesn't need to be pointless.

    ( Waitaminute, that's not it... )
    R.I.P. SPIDERMAN.
    August 1962 - December 2007

    ZT4 : "Cyclops said it best: Grow up."

    Warren Ellis : "Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better." - Quoted for TRUTH.

    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...9411795296.jpg

  11. #581
    One Hoopy Frood Schmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    6,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slippy_pip View Post
    I just call it like I see it. I just made a statement of fact that OMD was a bad story. And I observed that you weren't being very nice to someone else. Both of these are facts and you start jumping all over my case about it. And what's with the random picture? Is that another "inside joke" for you're buddies to make fun of new guys? What ever. I'm pretty much done talking to you I think. Kudos back at you! Whatever that means.
    Real mice guys....OMD being a bad story is not a fact, the only fact is that YOU don't like it (see subjective vs objective), then you went as far as to insult anyone that DARE disagree with you...and you call ME not nice? Kudos to you again. You are a man among mice. Great start here so far btw. You're winning everyone over here with your obtuseness! (see how I used "you're" correctly there?? Just trying to help you out there Slippery Pete!)
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

    "First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

  12. #582
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,579

    Default

    I didn't like the consequences of One More Day. Was it badly written? Hell no. I thought that the way they wrote Peter and MJ's last minutes together was brilliant...

  13. #583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    Real mice guys....OMD being a bad story is not a fact, the only fact is that YOU don't like it (see subjective vs objective), then you went as far as to insult anyone that DARE disagree with you...and you call ME not nice? Kudos to you again. You are a man among mice. Great start here so far btw. You're winning everyone over here with your obtuseness! (see how I used "you're" correctly there?? Just trying to help you out there Slippery Pete!)
    And now you're my English teacher? If your going to act like that, you could at least get my name right. This is real unmature.

    And I didn't insult anyone. Everyone can have an opinion, but if you think OMD is a good story your opinion is wrong. That's all. Maybe you just like bad stories. THats OK I guess. You can like OMD and still acknowledge that its not good. I just don't understand how people can lie to themselves and be all like "OMD WAS GREAT! ITS NOT BAD BECAUSE YOU SAY ITS BAD! OMD IS THE BEST STORY EVER!" It's just plain dishonest. Thats all Im saying and I don't think thats very insulting.

  14. #584
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,579

    Default

    I didn't like the end result of OMD, but I thought the writing was dead on in a way. If a husband and wife had to give each other up, I don't see the dialogue between the being written any other way...

  15. #585
    One Hoopy Frood Schmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    6,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slippy_pip View Post
    And now you're my English teacher? If your going to act like that, you could at least get my name right. This is real unmature.

    And I didn't insult anyone. Everyone can have an opinion, but if you think OMD is a good story your opinion is wrong. That's all. Maybe you just like bad stories. THats OK I guess. You can like OMD and still acknowledge that its not good. I just don't understand how people can lie to themselves and be all like "OMD WAS GREAT! ITS NOT BAD BECAUSE YOU SAY ITS BAD! OMD IS THE BEST STORY EVER!" It's just plain dishonest. Thats all Im saying and I don't think thats very insulting.

    By their very definition opinions can't be wrong. Sheesh, I wish I WAS your English teacher.... I should be nicer though, clearly English isn't your first language. You were very insulting when you said anyone who disagrees with you "eats whatever slop Marvel hands out" or something along those lines (and just in this last response you had the nerve to call certain people "liars", stay classy there Pete), which is a rude an arrogant thing to say. ART IS SUBJECTIVE (I'll pause while you look that word up). Also, were did I say that I was a fan of the OMD story? Because it's not my favorite by any means, but the difference between you and me is that I am not so ignorant as to think because I didn't like it (or any other story) that anyone who does like it is wrong, It's called a difference of opinion. Now stop trying to speak for everyone else and just get it through your head that people disagree about art and neither side is right or wrong. Lastly, I DID get your name right, it's Slippery Pete.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

    "First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •