Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 623
  1. #481
    My Turn. Kevin Nichols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    6,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluebottle View Post
    I wonder if part of the Superior Spidey hooking up with MJ thing (Slott saying that Spidey and MJ would be back together, but it's not Parker) would lead to Superior Spidey stumbling across the deal with Mephesto...

    Would that make everyone happy? If Superior Spider-Man unearthed the deal with Mephesto and somehow managed to untangle it?

    Just curious.
    Mmmmm. I think that largely depends on who Superior Spidey turns out to be. Personally, I'd rather see Pete and MJ be the ones to find out about the deal.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

  2. #482
    Junior Member bluebottle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    Mmmmm. I think that largely depends on who Superior Spidey turns out to be. Personally, I'd rather see Pete and MJ be the ones to find out about the deal.
    But that's what makes it genius. They can't find out about the deal, because of the nature of the deal... Superior might be able to find out about it on a technicality. That could be his parting gift if and when Pete returns. "And by the way, you made a deal with the devil and you forgot about it, but you used to be married to Mary Jane. See ya."

  3. #483
    My Turn. Kevin Nichols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    6,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluebottle View Post
    But that's what makes it genius. They can't find out about the deal, because of the nature of the deal... Superior might be able to find out about it on a technicality. That could be his parting gift if and when Pete returns. "And by the way, you made a deal with the devil and you forgot about it, but you used to be married to Mary Jane. See ya."
    Execution is everything, so it might work. It's kind of hard to say without knowing what Superior is all about yet. Regardless, I'm VERY excited for the day when Pete and MJ find out about the deal! I think that will make for an awesome story someday!
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

  4. #484
    Just Sayin'
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Middle of Hell, OH
    Posts
    8,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Smith View Post
    because if there's one thing everyone wants out of their superhero comics about a guy that climbs up walls, its that they be natural
    Natural Light maybe. Maybe Superior Spider-Man drinks Natural Light?
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

  5. #485
    Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A lawn.
    Posts
    3,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluebottle View Post
    I wonder if part of the Superior Spidey hooking up with MJ thing (Slott saying that Spidey and MJ would be back together, but it's not Parker) would lead to Superior Spidey stumbling across the deal with Mephesto...

    Would that make everyone happy? If Superior Spider-Man unearthed the deal with Mephesto and somehow managed to untangle it?

    Just curious.
    I don't think that would make anyone happy. Presumably this person hooks up with MJ while wearing Parker's face.

    So, cue the same article-spawning backlash when the Chameleon kissed Michelle. Now that I think about it, I wonder if there ever was the same response when Ultimate Chameleon basically did the same thing. Or was there not enough "implied sex" to make it a big issue?
    Bad news everyone...

  6. #486
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    I don't think that would make anyone happy. Presumably this person hooks up with MJ while wearing Parker's face.

    So, cue the same article-spawning backlash when the Chameleon kissed Michelle. Now that I think about it, I wonder if there ever was the same response when Ultimate Chameleon basically did the same thing. Or was there not enough "implied sex" to make it a big issue?
    The backlash wasn't big, though there was an even creepier moment in the body swap issue with wolverine. Which suprisely didn't get much play. Which was weird, as that was supposed to be a "light" issue.
    Last edited by charlesthehammer; 12-18-2012 at 11:29 PM.

  7. #487
    Spiderfried Von's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    Crap! Von was right! I really DON'T know the difference!
    Look, its ok man. Really. Millions of people love Michael Bay 'Transformer' films too.

    So look on the bright side! At least you're not all alone in the world.

  8. #488
    100% alive since 1978 Ben Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Well, the 'people' I speak for are people that enjoy a well crafted...
    nope, we didn't ask you to speak on our behalf. thanks for volunteering yourself though, good effort
    "I'm sending him a bouquet of cans."

    SW

  9. #489
    100% alive since 1978 Ben Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    What proof?
    the proof is simple. there is nobody that would still be complaining about a story 5 years later if it was just a "bad story". the reason people still whine about it is because it erased the marriage. if it was about it just being a bad story, people would have moved on by now.
    "I'm sending him a bouquet of cans."

    SW

  10. #490
    100% alive since 1978 Ben Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    So you're going to stand behind the statement that anyone who likes any story is an apologist? And the word doesn't hold any negative connotation?
    there are lots of words where the textbook definitions is different than the common usage. such as "hack" or "bitch"

    to fall back on "hey man, I was just referring to you in the textbook definiton of the word" is just another way to not stand behind what you say. like hiding behind a username.
    "I'm sending him a bouquet of cans."

    SW

  11. #491
    Destiny Awaits HopeLantern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chapel Hill, N.C.
    Posts
    1,893

    Default

    Regardless of who SSM turns out to be, the thought of him with MJ, with her thinking it's Peter seems...wrong.
    Superior Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Team Up

  12. #492
    The curious one.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    14,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Smith View Post
    the proof is simple. there is nobody that would still be complaining about a story 5 years later if it was just a "bad story". the reason people still whine about it is because it erased the marriage. if it was about it just being a bad story, people would have moved on by now.
    That is a conclusion that is your opinion, no proof.

  13. #493
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Smith View Post
    the proof is simple. there is nobody that would still be complaining about a story 5 years later if it was just a "bad story". the reason people still whine about it is because it erased the marriage. if it was about it just being a bad story, people would have moved on by now.
    peopel are still upset about OMD because the story is just bad, if they really wanted to get rid of the marriage, get a divorce

    One more day is spiderman version of Jumping the shark. It came out of left field and people were liek WTF.

  14. #494
    100% alive since 1978 Ben Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    That is a conclusion that is your opinion, no proof.
    not true. if you look in the dictionary under "fact", you see a picture of me, typing that message out.

    (also, if you look up "moron", there is a picture of Kevin Nichols wearing a Aaron Rodgers jersey)
    "I'm sending him a bouquet of cans."

    SW

  15. #495
    100% alive since 1978 Ben Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by son2380 View Post
    peopel are still upset about OMD because the story is just bad, if they really wanted to get rid of the marriage, get a divorce

    One more day is spiderman version of Jumping the shark. It came out of left field and people were liek WTF.
    ridiculous, Spider-Man doesn't swim
    "I'm sending him a bouquet of cans."

    SW

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •