Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 623
  1. #31
    My Turn. Kevin Nichols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    6,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    I enjoyed the consequences of OMD, Brand New Day, very much. OMD wasn't that good, but it served its purpose. However, if they were going to be replaced anyways, it feels like OMD was unnessecary.
    Sure, but by that logic MOST stories are unnecessary.

    1. Black costume - unnecessary
    2. Venom - unnecessary
    3. Wedding - unnecessary
    4. Cosmic Spidey - unnecessary
    5. Four-armed Spidey - unnecessary

    And so on.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

  2. #32
    Junior Member bluebottle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    Sure, but by that logic MOST stories are unnecessary.
    Exactly. Everything that has happened to Peter is necessary, it's character building.

    Otherwise you'd just need to read Amazing Fantasy #15, and the current issue and you'd be fine. Everything between then and now doesn't matter.

    Who wants that?

  3. #33
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    There's a difference. OMD wasn't character building. It was a reset button. Kind of a soft reboot for Spidey. Do you think Flashpoint was character building too?

  4. #34

    Default

    OMD was not pointless. It is giving us something to **BITCH** about for the last 5 years and counting.
    Last edited by jmresp; 12-09-2012 at 01:46 PM.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    I never bitched about it. Kinda liked a "younger" Pete again. But someone else being Spidey? That'll make me bitch and moan for sure!

  6. #36
    Senior Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,189

    Default

    OMD seems pointless to me because the events of BND could have happened without the marriage being removed from existence. It's not like DC's current Justice League run, for example, because that depends on history being completely rewritten.

  7. #37
    My Turn. Kevin Nichols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    6,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    There's a difference. OMD wasn't character building. It was a reset button. Kind of a soft reboot for Spidey. Do you think Flashpoint was character building too?
    This seems to be the classic point of contention. Some folks (myself included) see the story as character building. Others view it as a regression of the character. I guess it's all about perspective.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

  8. #38
    Junior Member bluebottle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    There's a difference. OMD wasn't character building. It was a reset button. Kind of a soft reboot for Spidey. Do you think Flashpoint was character building too?
    I disagree, the events before OMD happened, they've just been rewritten. It's different in my eyes... Sort of an alternate timeline kind of deal.

  9. #39

    Default

    I keep thinking about how Dan Slott referred to this "Other Dan Slott" as the one who would be writing Superior Spiderman within the whole "Marvel Now" move, and that was somehow his way of tipping us off that the person who we will see as the Superior Spiderman is the same one who we've seen all along; Peter Parker....only "Superior"

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    I enjoyed the consequences of OMD, Brand New Day, very much. OMD wasn't that good, but it served its purpose. However, if they were going to be replaced anyways, it feels like OMD was unnessecary.
    The only thing OMD gave us was an excuse for Pete to date other interesting people... Then he ended up with Cooper... I haven't read an issue since.

  11. #41
    Bring Back Ben! Shade 20x6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    What part of Peter being married prevented "Dying Wish?"

    Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    Clearly not since we wouldn't have gotten tot his story without OMD.

    Question answered.

    SW

  12. #42
    Bring Back Ben! Shade 20x6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    The point of every story is to entertain.
    I don't buy that. OMD was a means to an end, and OMIT was clearly an info dump. They may have tried to build entertaining stories around each premise, but that wasn't the genesis for the idea to do them.
    Last edited by Shade 20x6; 12-09-2012 at 05:44 PM.

  13. #43
    Moderator Mister Mets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    23,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade 20x6 View Post
    What part of Peter being married prevented "Dying Wish?"
    The scene where Ock/ Peter tries to seduce MJ would be a little different, as would the reactions of the characters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade 20x6 View Post
    I don't buy that. OM was a means to an end, and OMIT was clearly an info dump. They may have tried to build entertaining stories around each premise, but that wasn't the genesis for the idea to do them.
    I take it the same would apply to the wedding issues.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

    Formerly,
    Cyberman

    Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

  14. #44
    Bring Back Ben! Shade 20x6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The scene where Ock/ Peter tries to seduce MJ would be a little different, as would the reactions of the characters.
    Not really. At least, no more than "everything happened the same except Peter and MJ weren't married." Unless something really off-the-wall happens in 700, I don't see how Dying Wish couldn't have happened in the pre-OMD continuity.

    I take it the same would apply to the wedding issues.
    I don't disagree with this.
    Last edited by Shade 20x6; 12-09-2012 at 06:56 PM.

  15. #45
    Senior Member Chris S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade 20x6 View Post
    I don't buy that. OMD was a means to an end, and OMIT was clearly an info dump. They may have tried to build entertaining stories around each premise, but that wasn't the genesis for the idea to do them.
    I laugh when people bring up OMIT. I erased that story from my memory and you just jogged it back. Now I must reprogram it away...
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

    Come join the club!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •