Thor
    Flash
    Black Bolt
    Dr Fate
    THE SUB-MARINER 4EVER!!!
    DEATH TO NAMOR!!!

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

One side has Sentry.

The other side only has one possible counter to him.

So if one of the FTL dudes on the Supermen team can take out Martian Manhunter before he can try to mindscrew Sentry, they've got this one in the bag.

You are aware Surfer and Flash are on the Marvel side, right? They're far faster than anyone else on either team, and Surfer has the transmutation power to keep Sentry in check.
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    You are aware Surfer and Flash are on the Marvel side, right? They're far faster than anyone else on either team, and Surfer has the transmutation power to keep Sentry in check.
    Yeah,..Surfer and Flash's stuff, Sentry can ignore. MM is the only chance they have to put him down.

A much larger issue is Surfer soloing all the FTL guys before they can frag MM though. I'm pretty sure Supreme is supposed to be FTL as well, so he'd need to take both him and Gladiator out without MM getting hurt, but it's entirely possible that he can.

Flash tends to be a bit of a non-issue, possibly even if this is Pre-Nu Flash. Wide angled heat vision from Gladiator would kill him.

So really, it's just Surfer standing in the way of team Supermen stomping. I suppose it would come down to how fast Supreme is. If it's just Gladiator, it's a lot more likely that Surfer can solo everyone except Sentry and leave him to MM.

If MM goes down though, they're screwed.
    Last edited by Sol M; 12-09-2012 at 03:21 AM.

I would say Surfer intercepts Gladiator, Wally speedlends to everyone on his team, MM puts the mindwhammy on Sentry, and then it is stomp city with a bunch of class 100 bricks going as fast as Wally can make them go plus superspeed versions of Dr. Fate, Dr. Strange, and Kyle Raynor against a group of lawn ornaments.

It depends on which Flash this is. If it's the Wally West Flash, the Surfer can block Gladiator from doing anything to him long enough for him to speed amp his own side insanely. At that point J'onn sends the Sentry to catatonia, and really.. everyone gets punched to fuck. Or Black Bolt just screams and that he would still be alive after means his side wins.

edit: as noted I suppose it also depends what Supreme this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    What is the verdict on if transmutation even would work on Sentry?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    What is the verdict on if transmutation even would work on Sentry?
    It shouldn't, really, with the MM stuff from Dark Avengers. He should be able to either LOLNO it or just come back a few seconds later.

That's what I was wondering. If he can reform his body from being destroyed then his consciousness exists somewhere beyond the physical.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

For me it's more that as the Sentry/Void he's basically a mass of energy.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    For me it's more that as the Sentry/Void he's basically a mass of energy.
    An equally acceptable perspective. And certainly true as the Void, especially.

Not counting the end of WWH (and god, one shouldn't), he's been hurt about 5 total times.

Morgan Le Fay disintegrated him. When the other Dark Avengers got back home, Sentry just flew up like nothing happened.

He got his head blown up by his wife using a nasty Skrull gun. He just wanders back from that as well.

Molecule Man disintegrated him. He came back some time later.

MM disintegrated him AGAIN, Sentry came back in seconds. MM tried it again a bit later, and got LOLNO'd, then Sentry disintegrated MM.

The whole end-of-Siege thing, but that was Bob asking to die, and being in control just long enough to let it happen.

Based on the progression, simply SHUT UP button-ing Owen Reece would grant immunity to any transformation Norrin could try. And even if you kill him, he seems to be able to reform in seconds, so you're not getting a 10-count.

Nope, to beat Bob as less than a pretty solid cosmic, you either need a plot-device (Bob wanting to die) or the kind of non-specific but probably-valid light-speed mind-tweak that we allow J'onn specifically to put him into catatonia and a 10-count.

Just to note, as I recall, MM is the one who brought him back the first time.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    Yeah,..Surfer and Flash's stuff, Sentry can ignore.
    He can ignore speed steel?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

He expresses his speed through time dilation, so, yeah. Flash no can speed steal that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    He expresses his speed through time dilation, so, yeah. Flash no can speed steal that.
    Has there been a mod ruling on that?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...