More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Default Multiple Warheads or a Brandon Graham appreciation thread

This is a comic I've been waiting for a while and I'm very happy it's getting finished.

Goddamn, I love this comic! Graham's art--a beautiful marriage of Moebius, Manga and his own eccentric/hilarious touch--seems so malleable... So fluid-like. When I look at his art, I feel I can reach down into it and contort it into my own. It he has an amazing skill to move the lines all into one thing. Then you have to match that with a world that's so fully formed, weird, alien and nothing like you've seen before.

Then you've got Graham's own bizarro (in a good way) sense of humor storytelling with weirdo characters you can't help not to love.

Brandon is one of those rising stars that you NEED to be on the look out and rightfully so. The dude has been busting his ass in the comics field for a while now and I'm glad he's getting the recognition he deserves.

Graham has definitely digged out his own little spot in comics; you can look and read something of his and know it's him. Brandon is one of those rising stars that you NEED to be on the look out for and rightfully so. The dude has been busting his ass in the comics field for a while now and I'm glad he's getting the recognition he deserves. From here on, the sky's the limit for the man and I can't wait to see what his future comics will be.

So let's throw our love for this man.
    Last edited by Johnny P. Sartre; 12-09-2012 at 04:06 PM.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Sneak peak of his art:

The 9th Blog

Bought the first volume of his Prophet a while back on a hunch, and it took me a while to get down to it as I hadn't heard anything about it. Was completely blown away. It's just the sort of stuff I love to read.

I will pick up Warheads in trade when it's available, and I'm eagerly awaiting Prophet #2 which can't be that far away.
    I support Danny LuVisi's Last Man Standing.

Crazy visuals, a ton of ideas thrown around, and someone who does something different with narrative structures = comics at its best.
    "...so Hitler sends Iron Jaw's son to America to get revenge on Crimebuster." S.H.

Bump.

The new multiple warheads issue was the shit.
    The 9th Blog

Graham is comin' out with a new book: an art book that serves as a verbal and visual handbook for his world and works.

http://www.amazon.com/Brandon-Graham...qid=1358808121
    The 9th Blog

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

you know sometimes when I read the comic I don't even read it?

like for real I just stare at the pages and admire the art, that's how dope it is
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings