Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast
    Green Lantern Corps Mbr

I don't care that he's black and Hispanic. He could be a gorilla in a spiderman costume for all I care. Problem is, he's still not Peter Parker. Spiderman is one of the few characters you can't mess with the identity of. Yeah, dick Greyson took over for batman. IMO that still worked if you look at his history compared to Bruce. The driving force behind spiderman is Peter Parker. A regular kid. Gets super powers and has to make the best of it. When you try and throw anyone else in that role it doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Hwlights92 View Post
    I don't care that he's black and Hispanic. He could be a gorilla in a spiderman costume for all I care. Problem is, he's still not Peter Parker. Spiderman is one of the few characters you can't mess with the identity of. Yeah, dick Greyson took over for batman. IMO that still worked if you look at his history compared to Bruce. The driving force behind spiderman is Peter Parker. A regular kid. Gets super powers and has to make the best of it. When you try and throw anyone else in that role it doesn't work
    Haha, sorry I just found that last part funny. If the person who is Spider-Man is just a regular kid, then anyone could fit the role. Then you in fact are implying Peter Parker is special. I understand you are partial to Peter. I grew up with Peter as my first and favorite super hero in the 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Hwlights92 View Post
    Miles if nothing else is more of a regular kid than Peter ever was. Peter was a genius engineer with dead super scientist parents who was being recruited by a megalomaniac entrepreneur. Oh and despite being a "nerd" one killed it with the ladies. I didn't know any kids like that.

Miles is an average intelligence kid with living parents who are unremarkable, he has a weirdo best friend and no ladies flocking to him (yet). He is shy, boring and an bit of an introvert. I knew a lot of kids like that.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

I have not read a single issue of Miles Morales as Spider-Man. I gave up on the Ultimate line when Peter was killed. It has nothing to do about his race...I dont care if he is black, white, green, red, blue, whatever...he isnt Peter Parker. If he isnt Peter Parker, he isnt Spider-Man. Thats all there is to it.

miles is being trained by captain america

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valjean999 View Post
    I have not read a single issue of Miles Morales as Spider-Man. I gave up on the Ultimate line when Peter was killed. It has nothing to do about his race...I dont care if he is black, white, green, red, blue, whatever...he isnt Peter Parker. If he isnt Peter Parker, he isnt Spider-Man. Thats all there is to it.
    So I guess you're reading Marvel Universe: Ultimate Spider-Man only then?

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    So I guess you're reading Marvel Universe: Ultimate Spider-Man only then?
    I would guess so as well.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Gone

USM is the only ultimate title I read, great fun.

It doesn't matter about his race or age...
    He replaced Peter
    He's automatically bad

Quote Originally Posted by myway24454 View Post
    It doesn't matter about his race or age...
    He replaced Peter
    He's automatically bad
    But hes not bad, in fact hes a good guy. If you read the comic you might know that.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by Xistel View Post
    I agree. As I've said before, I think Miles is a good character. I don't hate him or want him gone or anything. people seem to enjoy him. that's cool. But Peter is Spider-Man. And sure, it's a separate universe and everything can happen, but I'd be much more confortable if they had simply started out with Miles and not have him become spider-man 2.
    Miguel O'Hara says hi. It's a separate universe and the point of the Ultimate Universe is to be different and more modernized than the 616 verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Valjean999 View Post
    Again, Miguel O' Hara disagrees with you.

And Miles has grown to be a great Spider-Man himself and if you want Peter Parker, there are several other books you could be reading. It's a different Universe, they can have someone else as Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 05-13-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    And Miles has grown to be a great Spider-Man himself and if you want Peter Parker, there are several other books you could be reading. It's a different Universe, they can have someone else as Spider-Man.
    And those books would be? Ultimate Peter is dead, 616 Peter is dead. Miles fans can't hide behind that arguement until they reverse this SPock crap.

I tried to like Miles, bought the first 15 issues, but in the end I just didn't care about what happened to the character or his supporting cast the same way I did about Pete's.
    Ame-Comi, Aquaman, Batman, Batwoman, Blue Beetle, I, Vampire, JL, JLD, JLI, Nightwing, Red Hood, Superboy, Supergirl, Teen Titans, Scarlet Spider, Ultimate Spider-Man, X-Factor, X-Men:Legacy.

Miguel O'Hara says hi. It's a separate universe and the point of the Ultimate Universe is to be different and more modernized than the 616 verse.
    Not nearly the same thing, as you probably know if you've read both (and I believe you have).

I'd be much more forthcoming if Miles had been Ultimate Spider-Man from day one, instead of reading a decade of Ultimate Pete and then have him replaced. That's the only think I don't like about it (well, that and the fact that he is 13...luckily that's going to change soon).
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

Quote Originally Posted by atlasjj View Post
    I would guess so as well.
    Nah, that particular title does not appeal to me, for other reasons.
    Last edited by Valjean999; 05-14-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Again, Miguel O' Hara disagrees with you.

Of course they can; its a free country. But, if people want to wonder why I wont read it, my reason stands.