Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by MonteMike72 View Post
    I read Amazing Spider-Man up until Sins Past. I had read every issue up until then. Some reprints some right off of the rack. Haven't been back since.
    Believe me, I feel you. But, once you flush that horrible story out of your head there have been some really good ones since.
    Friend Of Ol Marvel - Nuff Said

I have issue #600, 606-607, 611-626, 648-699.1 right now. I'm planning on completing the over 600 issues section soon after I get the final issue.

well I have everything from issue 142 to today and need just 77 issues to complete my collection

Hey Kevin...4 away now you slimy dirt bag!! 12 through current!
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Quote Originally Posted by MonteMike72 View Post
    I read Amazing Spider-Man up until Sins Past. I had read every issue up until then. Some reprints some right off of the rack. Haven't been back since.
    I thought about it then, but I decided to go for a second strike... which happened shortly after, with OMD. Haven't collected since.

Amazing #700 looks like the 3rd strike though, so I'll just wait for the rest of the long time Spidey Fans to take that long stroll back to the batter's box and sit right next to me and the back issues, lol.

I have every spiderman volume from this list

- Amazing starting since 200, and then sprinkled issues from 100-200.
    - Every Spiderman issue and volume since. ( Includes Pete Parker )
    - Every Spectacular
    - Every Web of
    - Every Sensational
    - Ultimate Spidey till Ultimatum

I passed on Avenging. Again, I stopped collecting any spidey books since OMD, so I know some of these series runs are not complete and the OCD completest in me has been slowly dying ever since, lol. Ugh.
    R.I.P. SPIDERMAN.
    August 1962 - December 2007

ZT4 : "Cyclops said it best: Grow up."

Warren Ellis : "Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better." - Quoted for TRUTH.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...9411795296.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclopsj316 View Post
    I thought about it then, but I decided to go for a second strike... which happened shortly after, with OMD. Haven't collected since.

Amazing #700 looks like the 3rd strike though, so I'll just wait for the rest of the long time Spidey Fans to take that long stroll back to the batter's box and sit right next to me and the back issues, lol.

I have every spiderman volume from this list

- Amazing starting since 200, and then sprinkled issues from 100-200.
    - Every Spiderman issue and volume since. ( Includes Pete Parker )
    - Every Spectacular
    - Every Web of
    - Every Sensational
    - Ultimate Spidey till Ultimatum

I passed on Avenging. Again, I stopped collecting any spidey books since OMD, so I know some of these series runs are not complete and the OCD completest in me has been slowly dying ever since, lol. Ugh.

Nice, the only thing I'm missing out side of the 4 issues of ASM I need is Marvel Team Up, missing about half of that run, you have any of it, it's the only title you didn't menton.... other than that complete runs on all his other titles myself too. Also, I'm a long time reader (I'd like to think so anyways 31 years of collecting Spidey) but I love what is going on, so don't hold your breath for EVERY long time Spidey fan to leave the title.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    Nice, the only thing I'm missing out side of the 4 issues of ASM I need is Marvel Team Up, missing about half of that run, you have any of it, it's the only title you didn't menton.... other than that complete runs on all his other titles myself too. Also, I'm a long time reader (I'd like to think so anyways 31 years of collecting Spidey) but I love what is going on, so don't hold your breath for EVERY long time Spidey fan to leave the title.
    Nice collection. I envy your 1-100 run there. Yeah I didn't collect marvel team up. I had to tell me OCD completest brain, only the "main" titles...

And yeah, a LOT of the old school spidey fans that haven't left since OMD are already talking about dropping it all again ( as well as new fans apparently ) So I guess this pisses them off more than the marriage did. Yes, while i expect a lot of pissed off fans to leave, causing this to be a second OMD fiasco in my biased opinion.... I am so sure that there are SOME fans who are loving this new doc ock spiderman stuff.

Enjoy it, that's all you my friend :P
    R.I.P. SPIDERMAN.
    August 1962 - December 2007

ZT4 : "Cyclops said it best: Grow up."

Warren Ellis : "Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better." - Quoted for TRUTH.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...9411795296.jpg

Combination of TPB/HC and singles...10 more to go. Those from the post clone saga era hard to find singles with no reprint

Re: Dropping Amazing Spider-Man

I understand that certain issues of ASM are awful. (I keep my fingers crossed every time I read some of the 90's issues.)

But really, this is comics!

Peter Parker will be back as Spider-Man eventually. Amazing Spider-Man #701 will be published.

The art of superhero comics (that are valuable intellectual properties) is that (long term) nothing really changes. (With maybe the exception of the death of Gwen...)

Who knows, it might be a really good story.

And if you don't want to support the story with your money, wait a year or two and buy the issues out of the dollar bin.

Meanwhile, I'll be at the comic book store on Wednesday. (And I haven't read the spoilers...)

--Tom
    Last edited by killerbass; 12-23-2012 at 11:59 AM. Reason: small typo
    My Favorites: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Superior Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man

Almost Done Collecting ASM: Want issues 1, 3, 4, 8, 11, and 18 - Ann. 1 & 2

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    698 issues. I am missing only ASM #1 (and AF #15---probably will never be able to afford either issue).

Though, now that I think about it, I probably own 700-someodd issues of ASM since there were ".1" and "-1" issues along the way in there!
    I was going to post my collection and thought, "nah, Oldschool's is more impressive."

I love these threads, it's the equivalent of "mine is bigger than yours!"
    - Jason G. Carr