Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vertigo series that can make great TV shows.

With Image Comics turning the Walking Dead into a TV show, it would only be right if fans of Vertigo comics and its series voice their opinion of what Vertigo series would make good TV shows.

The titles of Vertigo I think that would make good TV shows are DMZ, Demo, Hellblazer, and Transmetropolitan.

BANNED

It baffles me that they haven't done this yet, given that HBO is freaking owned by Time Warner.

I would like a Hellblazer HBO, though with the rebranding him as a DCU character who leads superheroes, I don't think it'll happen anymore, and more likely they'll try to do the Swamp Thing/JLD film.

I would normally be against adapting Sandman, because it's such a literary book, but Neil Gaiman himself seems to want it to happen, so sure I can see that. I can see Benedict Cumberbatch as Morpheus. Later you could even give Lucifer a spinoff.

I know 100 Bullets was once being adapted into an HBO, but what happened to that? I'd definitely want to see that one.

"It baffles me that they haven't done this yet, given that HBO is freaking owned by Time Warner".

I totally agree. It doesn't make since that Vertigo/DC isn't following up on the success of the Walking Dead. The only comic company that is doing so is Marvel. Soon they are going to be making a Shield TV show. Vertigo has many good series that deserve to be TV shows. Every comic book does not have to be a movie. Matter a fact, I am going to do a thread of "Comic Book Can Be TV Shows TOO!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I know 100 Bullets was once being adapted into an HBO, but what happened to that? I'd definitely want to see that one.
    Showtime supposedly is working on it.
    BB

Let's see...
    100 Bullets. Come on!
    DMZ
    Hellblazer
    Human Target (I want a better one, goddammit)
    The Losers
    Loveless
    Northlanders
    Sandman Mystery Theatre
    Scalped
    Transmet, mehbe
    Unknown Soldier
    Y: The Last Man
    Last edited by Billy Batson; 12-09-2012 at 03:29 AM.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Let's see...
    100 Bullets. Come on!
    DMZ
    Hellblazer
    Human Target (I want a better one, goddammit)
    The Losers
    Loveless
    Northlanders
    Sandman Mystery Theatre
    Scalped
    Transmet, mehbe
    Unknown Soldier

Y: The Last Man
    I'd happily watch any of those, lend themselves nicely to a TV show.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams

I will like the series,'Lucifer' to be made into a show.

Scalped would make for some great television.
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame

Scalped, without a doubt.

It's a ready-made HBO crime drama.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin King View Post
    Scalped, without a doubt.

It's a ready-made HBO crime drama.
    Hell yeah. I would absolutely love to see that. HBO should really get on this. It's my number one comic book series that I want to be adapted into a tv series.

Y The Last Man (AMC maybe? Apocalypse-type show would fit in quite nicely with the network. It's got that AMC feel. Unfortunately, they already have The Walking Dead, so AMC has the comic adaption AND apocalypse setting taken)

Ex Machina (Seems like it could fit nicely on Showtime or HBO. Political thriller with some awesome superheroic parts. Would need to be a little high budgeted for a cable for the flashbacks. Appealing to older adults into politics and to those superhero lovers who want more on TV)

Sandman (Would fit perfectly with HBO. The dream-like adult oriented series could work really well, or fail very bad. But it's HBO, so even the worst shows end up better than a lot of network shows)

American Vampire (AMC. It really fits in with the network's idea. Rival to True Blood in a way. The action oriented part is covered with AMC's rather largish budget. They toned down The Walking Dead with sex and language, I'm sure American Vampire could be the same way and work beautifully.)

Scalped (HBO. It was BORN to be on there. Crime family drama with an interesting twist. It would just be perfect for HBO. I could see it being the next Sopranos, which is already was sort of when it was a comic.)

All I got so far.

Ex Machina isn't Vertigo ;p
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Ex Machina isn't Vertigo ;p
    Well, the first trade I have is listed Vertigo, plus we have no Wildstorm forum. But I mean, think about it. It would be perfect for TV. You get the politics average humans/American cop-doctor-lawyer TV watcher love and the superheroics comic and superhero lovers love. Perfect formula for success!

I'm not disagreeing.
    Last edited by Billy Batson; 12-10-2012 at 07:18 AM.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Hell yeah. I would absolutely love to see that. HBO should really get on this. It's my number one comic book series that I want to be adapted into a tv series.
    It also had some pretty brutal cliffhangers and shocking twists that really would lend itself well to TV's episodic format.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW