Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    I love how the readership of Esquire is now somehow "douchebags who hate geeks". High school's over, folks.
    it's never over....NEVER

Support your local roller derby league

Don't make me tell the story about how i wanted to play D and D with the nerds in highschool and they wouldn't let me because of who my friends were.
    Assholes.

It will turn into the Style channel but for guys.

Kevin Pereiras Pointless podcast with guests Candace Bailey and Sara Underwood

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/27506710

warning: saucy language

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

I love how the readership of Esquire is now somehow "douchebags who hate geeks". High school's over, folks.
    I don't know about hating geeks but Esquire as always pretty much been the magazine for douchebags.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post

And no a F*ck was given
    I dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I dont get it.
    You're not as geekie as think you are. The boy cat don't care because he's a cord cutter.
    Broadcast OTA = Free TV
    Basic Cable = Low Cost TV
    Premium Cable = Mid Cost TV
    PPV = High Cost TV
    OK!?!
    Wild Card
    My DVDs

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
    You're not as geekie as think you are. The boy cat don't care because he's a cord cutter.
    This goofy idea keeps being repeated over and over through the decades yet TV still exists. I remember back when playing with my Super Nintendo they were saying the same crap about video game systems, "Oh, video games are stopping kids from watching tv!" No it isnt.

Provide some good content and people will watch it. I used to watch X-play religiously back when they did like 5 reviews per episode and had 5 shows a week because they went through MORE games than all the video game mags i could get my hands on combined. I only stopped watching when they went down to 1 per show and they even started cutting their shows down to 4 a week.

If you build it.... they will come.
    That holds true for everything.

and apparently the last AOTS won't even be a live show, they are pretaping stuff this week and next week and then doing a "Best Of" throughout Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    This goofy idea keeps being repeated over and over through the decades yet TV still exists. I remember back when playing with my Super Nintendo they were saying the same crap about video game systems, "Oh, video games are stopping kids from watching tv!" No it isnt.
    I think the reason TV is still around (and is as strong as it currently is) is more of a generational thing, to be perfectly honest. I know lots of younger folks who forgo cable TV in general and wait for stuff to either be released in season box sets or to pop up on Netflix.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I don't know about hating geeks but Esquire as always pretty much been the magazine for douchebags.
    I kind of thought "Maxim" and "FHM" took that title over. Maybe they just are more blatant about it, or revel in it more.

"Esquire" seems more towards guys with some money to spend or pretensions toward sophistication. That doesn't preclude douchebaggery but it seemed to have decent articles, the few times I read it.
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

Quote Originally Posted by Romero View Post
    "Esquire" seems more towards guys with some money to spend or pretensions toward sophistication. That doesn't preclude douchebaggery but it seemed to have decent articles, the few times I read it.
    which is why they are aiming the channel at that demographic...its a group with more income than G4s current target demo and they wouldn't need as many viewers but can still make money on ads

kind of how The Golf Channel manages to make money year after year

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    I think the reason TV is still around (and is as strong as it currently is) is more of a generational thing, to be perfectly honest. I know lots of younger folks who forgo cable TV in general and wait for stuff to either be released in season box sets or to pop up on Netflix.
    Thats talking about cable, not tv.
    People still don't sit around their ipads to watch a film with the family.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Don't make me tell the story about how i wanted to play D and D with the nerds in highschool and they wouldn't let me because of who my friends were.
    Assholes.
    Your not....ONE...OF...US....lol

This really reminds me when MTV started its slow push into oblivion and instead of wanting to be known as a music channel...a kick ass one at the start ...they wanted to be more known as the channel that Snooki shows her ass on.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

So High School Rich Kids/Bullies are finaly gonna get their own channel?

yay?