Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by erwinrafael View Post
    I would say that Hawkeye wins Best single issue this year with Hawkeye #3. That issue can be used as a reference for comic book writing and art classes. It's that good. And it has an entertaining story as a bonus!
    This x100.
    Spider-Man from the beginning! Last ish: ASM #15 - Chameleon hires Kraven (first appearance!) to kill Spidey.

I'm tellin you man, if this book gets skipped over at the Eisners, somebody SERIOUSLY screwed up. In a sea of mediocrity, decompression, and "that was pretty good, I guess?", Hawkeye is the gold standard, guaranteed to give you your money's worth in those 20 pages, great issue after great issue. Even the FILL-IN artist is awesome.

When I talk about Hawkeye, I can only speak in hyperbolic extremes to praise the sheer craft on display.
    Last edited by ViewtifulJC; 12-10-2012 at 10:27 AM.

SomeBodyAtCBR's post was really great. Thanks.
    Marvel: Daredevil, Punisher, Uncanny Avengers, Wolverine & the X-Men, Cyclops, Hawkeye, Superior/Amazing Spider-Man (Trading for)
    Image: East of West, Lazarus, Jupiter's Legacy, Starlight

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    How's the paper in the trades of $2.99 titles?
    I'm also curious about this.
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

It would be cool to see the Black Cat make her appearance in Clint's world. I want to see Clint's reaction towards Felicia as they work together. Also, I am dying to see Ashley Barton come to his world from the future where she takes up residence as one of his major adversaries since she's the glue that would bond Clint and Peter Parker together.

Hawkeye is a great title,but i think Daredevil is better.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBodyAtCBR View Post
    Fraction obviously took his experience with DEFENDERS, along with the storied history of HAWKEYE solos to craft the world's first solo Hawkeye title that will surpass 6 issues (with Jim McCann holding the previous record and we are not counting mini-series as part of H&M). He understands that this title can be canned any second, which is why we're getting these sparse yet extremely entertaining stories. DEFENDERS took 12 issues to tell one story, which ultimately killed the title. He doesn't want to try again with HAWKEYE.
    This is an interesting thought. That explains the done-in-one storytelling in this series.

I am actually afraid of when the next event comes around and Marvel toys with the idea of making Hawkeye tie in with the event.
    I don't think there's a current mainstream American superhero comic book that can touch Hawkeye right now. Brilliant all the way. Entertaining and technically outstanding at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by 1derer View Post
    Fraction uses Marvel Method on this? If he's done an article where he talks about his process, I'd like to read it.
    Here... http://gillen.cream.org/wordpress_ht...marvel-method/

Try this one too if you want to see what Fraction's script looks like.
    Last edited by chariset; 12-10-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    It's Marvel's best book next to Winter Soldier for me.
    I concur. My expectations were terribly high for Hawkeye because of the stellar work Fraction and Aja (and Brubaker) had previously produced on the Immortal Iron Fist. I was honestly starting to prepare myself to be disappointed, but this book has somehow managed to exceed what I had most eagerly hoped for. Winter Soldier and Daredevil round out my current Marvel top three.

Also, for the love of God, pick up The Immortal Iron Fist.

im deeply surprised just how good this book is honestly. it actually pisses me that marvel doesn't promote this as much as the other NOW titles, when there are so few NOW that i enjoy more than this book.

Hawkeye is currently my favorite book by far.
    Cyclops was right.

It's a great book, and I love that Fraction's got his mojo back.

He was in a bit of a slump after fear itself, but working on a character he loves with an artist he loves was all it took to bring him back.

Marvel should do more of these. It kinda reminds me of Warren Ellis's run on Secret Avengers. Except this is better.

How does Daredevil compare? I've never really had much interest in him as a character, but if it's similar to this I'm game.

Quote Originally Posted by mightytev View Post
    Marvel should do more of these. It kinda reminds me of Warren Ellis's run on Secret Avengers. Except this is better.

How does Daredevil compare? I've never really had much interest in him as a character, but if it's similar to this I'm game.
    I think this the second best book behind Daredevil.
    Daredevil has a more serious tone to it. Hawkeye has a very "Guy Richie" feel.
    The first few issues of Daredevil were Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by upmiddowntown View Post
    I think this the second best book behind Daredevil.
    Daredevil has a more serious tone to it. Hawkeye has a very "Guy Richie" feel.
    The first few issues of Daredevil were Amazing!
    Will give it a go. Where's a good place to start reading?