Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Daredevil End of Days #3 *Spoilers*

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prv14403_cov.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	105427
    Preview.

I found the bland issue very... unimportant after it was over. Ben spends all issue following a non-existant trail and only learns Matt had sex (and kids) with Elektra, Mary and Maya. There was no meaning to the floating (hanging?) Elektra on the cover. They couldn't even keep Echo dead - wasn't MK a Bendis book where she bought the farm? For the not-so-big ending Ben is sent running, alongside someone in a DD suit overhead, with a real lead that Bullseye was found dead. The splash page watercolors were much more visually pleasing than the average panel art here.

Does anyone have a guess what MAPONE is at this point?

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    They couldn't even keep Echo dead - wasn't MK a Bendis book where she bought the farm?
    I'm willing to bet this was written first.

In any case, this is basically a "The End," so I wouldn't worry about it.
    Expletive Deleted

I have no clue what MAPONE is and if I don't get some sort of hint sooner or later I am going to get bored with this

I thought it was interesting. This is only #3 of 8, I wouldn't expect a whole lot of progress until 5/6. I get the feeling this is very much a slow-burn type of story.

I do find it entertaining that Elektra was essentially able to make Urich vomit in terror using just a finger.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    This is only #3 of 8, I wouldn't expect a whole lot of progress until 5/6. I get the feeling this is very much a slow-burn type of story.
    This is the problem with current comics, in my own opinion: not a lot of progress until 5/6.
    ~ One thousand apologies if I'm using broken English. ~

i liked issues one and two...thought issue three was just kinda bland. i did enjoy the Bendis run on Daredevil so seeing him return for a mini is fun.

Story is pretty thin so far, but I am getting this book for the art talent involved. Janson, Bill, Maleev, Mack. You can't go wrong with theis classic DD lineup.

Well technically, the cover does make sense in that Elektra is "dead" career wise, and instead is simply a mother. Even going so far as to use her finger and rep to scare the living bejesus out of Urich. But damn....MATT got it in before he died *Denzel Voice* "My man..." lol
    http://reverbnation.com/roninakacmil

"put haters to the left i aint lettin 'em win,
    Cuz i got mind soul and power like infinity gems"

http://i53.tinypic.com/2dqpk7c.jpg

Gotta say, I like the cover if only because Bendis was inserted as a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fournier View Post
    This is the problem with current comics, in my own opinion: not a lot of progress until 5/6.
    I can understand that, but I've really enjoyed the last three issues while Urich is slowly piecing together things. Heck, with next issue having Bullseye we just might have a lot of stuff happen.

Elder Member

Guess before Matt died he decided to top Green Arrow in illegitimate children. I'm shocked Echo didn't have a kid hidden somewhere.

I'm actually liking the slow progress this story is making, lets not foget its not a Daredevil adventure, is a Ben Urich story, and reporting goes slowly at times. Also favorite line in this current issue was Maya's parting instructions to her students, which is the same that Indiana Jones uses in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
    SIDEKICK COMICS UK ~ FROM NOOB TO NERD, GREEN TO GEEK, AND EVERTHING INBETWEEN

http://www.sidekickcomicsuk.com

With regards to the cover, every issue seems to show Daredevil and his major supporting cast dead. Issue #1 had Daredevil, #2 had Kingpin, #3 had Elektra, #4 will have Bullseye and #5 will have The Punisher.
    ELEKTRA*LADY MASTERMIND*DAREDEVIL*ARIEL

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Ben meets former lover of Matt Murdock, gets no real information, sees a redheaded boy or two. Repeat. And that since issue #2. So, I'm not very impressed. Bendis can do better.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Rulk needs his moustache! ResIpsaLoquitur's Avatar

A few things working against this story so far:

1) Bendis has made it clear that this story is heavily influenced by "Citizen Kane." The problem is that the CK film progressively told Charles Foster Kane's life story through flashbacks, as the journalist interviewed various people who knew him. DDEOD isn't really following that model: it's mostly gone "Ben interviews someone; they don't know anything." Unlike Citizen Kane, this story is focusing too much on the future rather than the events leading up to the DD-Bullseye fight. The interview with Echo was the closest we've gotten to narrowing the gap.

2) The joke that Matt is fathering all these kids has gotten a bit silly in the space of only two issues. Once? Fine. Four times is just annoying. Right now, Bendis has DD tied with the Hulk for number of illegitimate offspring. If I see the Punisher holding a red-haired boy named Matt, I'm outta here.

3) There's a little too much dipping into the future of the rest of the Marvel Universe here. Understanding that this is its own story and the other "The End" books don't really cross into each other, I'm getting annoyed that we're seeing hints about characters/genres outside the Daredevil bubble. It kind of takes the focus off the main character.

I do hope "Mapone" turns out to be something really interesting that was staring us in the face the whole time, rather than just, I dunno, Bullseye's favorite brand of shoes. (Apparently there's a village called "Mapone" in Mozambique, but I can't imagine what that has to do with DD.)
    "Well, last night's episode was a very special episode. They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he's not green. He's red."