Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Nah, can't be Raiden. After checking this article and what the TO posted, it really seems to be MGSV.

Damn, I want SOLID FREAKIN' SNAKE to be the main character, DAMMIT. And hell, that doctor really looks like Kio Marv from MG2. I totally missed that.
    I found the facebook page of Joakim Morgren (Moby Dick Studios CEO). I loled:
    http://www.facebook.com/mobydickstudios
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	220px-Kojima_Hideo.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	105516

Also, it's worth noting that Joakim asked fans of that page what they thought of Bolid Bake's beard color. That sounds awfully similar to Solid Snake. I'm starting to get really hopeful that it's solid and not naked!

He also apologized to David Hayter for making his arm hurt when he saw the trailer.

He also shared a picture of his twin brother, who goes by the name 'Liquid Morgen'. lol

He also said something about meeting with Christopher Nolan about making a movie version of Phantom Pain. I really hope thats his subtle way of saying that Nolan is working on the MGS movie. That would be one of the most anticipated movies I've ever anticipated!

You guys should like that page, it's fucking hilarious.

https://twitter.com/JNMogren/status/277946363260567552
    Release date for 'Phantom Pain' announced. I have a theory that this game and Ground Zeroes are the same game. I think Ground Zeroes is just the prologue to the rest of the game (kind of like the tanker mission in MGS2, after which the rest of the game switched to Raiden). Also, since this is a metal gear game, expect that release date to be pushed back 2 or 3 times.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

"I have often regretted my speech, but never my silence."

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

And did you notice the name for the character designer? "Joyi Hiwankas", which is obviously an anagram for Yoji Shinkawa.

Yeah, I'm starting to think this will indeed MGSV. But I don't think that the guy we saw in the trailer is Solid, but Big Boss. Perhaps, like you say, the whole BB part will be a prologue a la MGS2 (a deeply disappointing game, IMO).

Also, there's the link to the "Moby Dick Studios" FB page. And there, it says: "The character in the trailer is not who you think he/she is." Red herring perhaps? And which character are they referring to?
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

The trailer makes it look like a garbage metal gear sequel.

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

or it's just another big boss clone if it is Metal Gear 5 for sure. One that we never heard about.

Even if the game is just a new IP, Kojima wins at making this game hyped to high heaven. He got everyone guessing what the game is and what they're seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
    or it's just another big boss clone if it is Metal Gear 5 for sure. One that we never heard about.

Even if the game is just a new IP, Kojima wins at making this game hyped to high heaven. He got everyone guessing what the game is and what they're seeing.
    Could backfire if it's not metal gear though.

True, but it wouldn't for me, I will always be interested in the game, I'm not a sequel whore. lol But, I do love me some Metal Gear, I own every single Metal Gear game that is out. I still love playing Ghost Babel on the Game Boy Color.

are you guys sure this is Naked Snake?
    Hell we've had Solid Snake and Liquid Snake my vote hangs that this is the third brother Gas Snake clone of Solidus!
    I know its not likely but, Kojima makes up a lot of weird nonsensical crap all the time
    Last edited by ceroxide; 12-11-2012 at 05:55 AM.

But raiden, I think lost his right eye also and I just said his hair could be dyed and the narrative sounds whiny like Raiden :P Big Boss would be all like, I'm taking these asses down with crutches!
    Raiden never lost his right eye and his hair is naturally white. He also has barcode tattoos on his body that we would see since the guy in the trailer is shirtless.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 12-11-2012 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Raiden never lost his right eye and his hair is naturally white. He also has barcode tattoos on his body that we would see since the guy in the trailer is shirtless.
    You know a little too much about raiden's body! lol j/k

But, his eyeball is gone tho, it got replaced when he became a cyborg with a cybernetic one.

Epic Flaming Flying Whale

The initial shot of the whale flying kind of looks like a nuke/rocket launching.

Also, the official Phantom Pain youtube account has been posting a bunch of hint videos with some cryptic phrases.

The Pain Lives
    hell hath no fury
    fear everything
    let it all end

Notice anything about those phrases?
    http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Cobra_Unit
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

"I have often regretted my speech, but never my silence."

If that is Mantis in the game, the flying flaming whale could even just be one of his mind tricks. I hope he doesn't read what is on my memory card anymore and make my dual shock rumble for no reason! :(

But, his eyeball is gone tho, it got replaced when he became a cyborg with a cybernetic one.
    He loses his left eye in Revengeance but that's not until after his 1st fight with Sam.

Unless there's something I'm forgetting, I'm pretty sure he still had both his normal eyes before that.

Liquid Snake was the first thing that came to my mind, but the wrong arm is missing :/
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 12-11-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Could backfire if it's not metal gear though.
    for what its worth, Geoff Keighley is saying it's a completely new game
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    for what its worth, Geoff Keighley is saying it's a completely new game
    It's always good to drop hints it's metal gear and then make it something else.
    If you are an idiot and like dissapointing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    It's always good to drop hints it's metal gear and then make it something else.
    If you are an idiot and like dissapointing people.
    Im not a huge Metal Gear fan, so I saw the trailer and nothing in it screamed "OMG this is Metal Gear" to me

just some dude with a prosthetic hand trying to get out of a hospital
    Support your local roller derby league