Page 70 of 321 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 4813

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Alright... so this is why her powers are unstable I assume?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    He thinks she's done something yo shut herself down emotionally, and he knows the why. Just doesn't know the how.

They'd never really been 'unstable' in the first place. What she did with Allure was basically the same thing Cammy did when she crushed Cas' skull, Max destroyed her hotel room and Cas accidentally teleported upside down into the closet.
    That's the ironic part. Rivia has been controlling her powers intensely ever since she manifested them at age 3. Even the slightest hint that she might lose control and hurt someone terrifies her. So she overreacted.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    That's the ironic part. Rivia has been controlling her powers intensely ever since she manifested them at age 3. Even the slightest hint that she might lose control and hurt someone terrifies her. So she overreacted.
    Sloane's overreaction, while somewhat understandable didn't help in the slightest.

Especially considering Cammy did essentially the same thing when she threw a tantrum and 'accidentally' crushed Cas' skull, which would have killed Cas if not for Eisen and LaMatt saving him, and Sloane pretty much overlooked it.

... Which is why Cas doesn't particularly like Sloiane and why GodCas actually considered killing him.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Sloane's overreaction, while somewhat understandable didn't help in the slightest.

Especially considering Cammy did essentially the same thing when she threw a tantrum and 'accidentally' crushed Cas' skull, which would have killed Cas if not for Eisen and LaMatt saving him, and Sloane pretty much overlooked it.

... Which is why Cas doesn't particularly like Sloiane and why GodCas actually considered killing him.
    The difference was, it wasn't his skull being crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The difference was, it wasn't his skull being crushed.
    Which is why Sloane overreacting to what Rivia did doesn't make any sense, at least in-game.

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

How strong is M. Durand's shield?

Because Tectonic Momentum means that unless it's at least 85 points strong, Elewa can just walk through it like it's not there.

Which is why Sloane overreacting to what Rivia did doesn't make any sense, at least in-game.
    So none of the following makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Well, Sloane's scared of losing control over himself. It reminds him of his past, and of how helpless he was back then. And the worst part to him was that a friend was doing that to him. The seeming carelessness of it all wasn't the main reason, but it did make the whole mess seem that much worse to him.

He's not right, but his anger was understandable.
    Well, here's the thing. Sloane doesn't have metaknowledge.

When Allure nailed him, he got confused and scared. If he knew what was happening and how to break it, he'd be uncomfortable but ultimately able to deal with it.

Out of the blue, while talking with Robert, he gets hit with something he's never encountered before and he loses control. He's unable to focus because of how freaked out he is, and then he gets even more confused when it appears that Rivia was doing this without even noticing.

He had some basis for believing that Rivia was being slack in her control. The alternative would be that Rivia was intentionally using her powers on him without his permission. Given their friendship, he wouldn't go to that conclusion first.

Everything after that was just poor judgement and worse overreactions on his part, but even that had some basis. He didn't think that Rivia was that badly affected (overestimating her strength) and he was really scared of Cas' new behaviour (It reminded him of Lunarius, and that incident's already deeply personal).
    Sloane doesn't know that Rivia has Leyline, though. Plus he doesn't think that any power other than Ether can affect minds.

So her explanation didn't jive with his understanding of how powers work, and he wasn't exactly in a state to think it through.

Also, he did immediately regret his words afterwards. He was wrong to ask her to use her powers on them afterwards, but I already addressed that.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Far ninja'd me.

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    So none of the following makes sense?
    I get that.

Cas doesn't, and at this point even if he did he wouldn't care. He just sees it as, Sloane overreacting to something relatively harmless, resulting in A) hurting Rivia and B) contributing to her current 'emotionless' state.

I get that.

Cas doesn't, and at this point even if he did he wouldn't care. He just sees it as, Sloane overreacting to something relatively harmless, resulting in A) hurting Rivia and B) contributing to her current 'emotionless' state.
    See, I thought you were saying that what Sloane did in-game made no sense- that being the most intuitive interpretation of what you wrote. Not that Cas didn't understand the reasons behind what Sloane did.

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

If Cleric doesn't have something that'll make the people trying to leave already return (or simply fail to leave), I'll be surprised.

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Oh, man. I wonder if the students who went off to find their families get to fight kidnappers.

See, I thought you were saying that what Sloane did in-game made no sense- that being the most intuitive interpretation of what you wrote. Not that Cas didn't understand the reasons behind what Sloane did.
    Rivia did try to explain to him what happened, at least as far as she could. But, what can I say? Sloane may yet encounter far worse than that from the next villain.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

If Cleric doesn't have something that'll make the people trying to leave already return (or simply fail to leave), I'll be surprised.
    He'll have to work hard to stop Elewa.

Guy is going to his family. He's walked over a thousand miles to get there, he's not going to give up now.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Oh, man. I wonder if the students who went off to find their families get to fight kidnappers.
    Selma actually hasn't left yet. She was just going to go up into the sky to get a lay of the land (and avoid talking to Kirby), but he threatened to tell their parents unless she told him what happened.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Selma actually hasn't left yet. She was just going to go up into the sky to get a lay of the land (and avoid talking to Kirby), but he threatened to tell their parents unless she told him what happened.
    Ah, okay. I guess it's just Elewa then?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    He'll have to work hard to stop Elewa.

Guy is going to his family. He's walked over a thousand miles to get there, he's not going to give up now.
    Honestly, I'm having trouble seeing Cleric pull it (stopping Elewa) off short of GM Fiat or Raveneye supertech (because you just know Raveneye has supertech). Then again, Raveneye is here, and Cleric's the GM. So...

Ah, okay. I guess it's just Elewa then?
    Looks like it.

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras