Page 101 of 321 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4813

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Steamline Chronicles update on abilities:

Magic: The classical control and manipulation of the elements and the aether. Fire, water, earth, wood, plant, ice, air, wind, lightning, metal and aether. It is the most versatile of the powers, and covers the broadest set of possibilities, plus it is the most common of the powers that exist in the Steamline Chronicles. Powerlevel wise, a 100 in magic (or in any of the powers) is a large building buster at the absolute most. Nothing beyond that.

Aether is the manipulation of the unseen forces. These are the ones that aid in transmutation, illusions, healing, etc.....

While magic seems very powerful, it has disadvantages. It must be done with gestures, and sometimes words or phrases, plus there is a build up. Magic generally is not instantaneous.

Psychic: The rarest and most dangerous of the three powers, it covers mind control, empathy, post and pre cognition, levitation, telekinesis, and other kinesis based powers. It is the rarest ability of the three, but due to the nature of it (all mental), it is the hardest to defend against and the hardest to train and establish.

However, despite its power, its main disadvantage is that it requires focus and thus, psychic assualts can be broken easily if the person using the power isn't exteremly focused.

Ki/Chi: The middle-ground power. Not common, not rare. Ki is the manipulation of the life force within oneself. This can be manifested in the form of energy blasts, limited flight, physical enhancement, better regeneration, etc...pretty much what yo usee in all those martial arts movies.

Ki/Chi exists in all living things, and all living things can learn to manifest ki/chi through training and hardwork. By this, that means ki/chi is the most useful as all have the potential to do it, though only those who train for it can achieve it.

Steamtech: The cutting-edge tech of the era. This covers weaponry of a tech-based kind, prostetic limbs (similiar to FullMetal Alchemist level prostetics), and anything else of this sort. I'm fairly lentient when it comes to how you want to create/base your tech so you have some freedom.

If any questions are had, feel free to ask.
    So despite Psychics being the most rare form, how many of us plan to be one?

*raises hand*

Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphaba View Post
    I guess in case of a water landing, she doesn't need to use the briefcase as a floatation device, since she is a floatation device!
    Mhm. Her power'll be the power of distraction.

*raises hand*
    Steamtech and/or Magic for mine, actually.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

She's fresh out of brothers to kill, but she does have a little sister if Sloane is dying to be on her Dead List
    Pfft. No, it's not that. You'll see in a bit.

*raises hand*
    Psychics tend to be pretty rare in SHRs, with the exception of this one due to it being a bit more this time around.

To answer your question: although it depends on which character concept I want to work with, I probably will not be one.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

*raises hand*
    *Also raises hand* It'll be understated though, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Found the image for my steampunk character...
    *whistles* Not bad. I found mine a while ago.

Definitely going with Ki for this one.
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

My character will be the meanest empath ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    *whistles* Not bad. I found mine a while ago.
    Gambit will sue :)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    My character will be the meanest empath ever.

Gambit will sue :)
    I like my chances against a comic book :P I may change, since I tend to do that a lot before the game starts.

I'm soon to be out for the night. I hope you all have a safe and happy New Years!

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm assuming Yonai's Blessing?

From the description, it seems like that should only be usable on other people.
    I suppose you can make a good argument for not being able to use it on herself directly.

Unfortunately, it's already been alluded to being used on herself in that fashion.

Which power allows her to transfer to Speed 70? And did Cleric approve something that allows boosting stats she doesn't have?
    She's not boosting stats she doesn't have; that's her using Yonai's Blessing on herself, while in the Dance of Fiere and Raine- which let's her use Fire and Water abilities as if her score in either was equal to the sum of her scores in both. Since she has 40 points in Fire and 40 points in Water, she would therefore have 80 points to transfer through using the ability.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    I suppose you can make a good argument for not being able to use it on herself directly.

Unfortunately, it's already been alluded to being used on herself in that fashion.

She's not boosting stats she doesn't have; that's her using Yonai's Blessing on herself, while in the Dance of Fiere and Raine- which let's her use Fire and Water abilities as if her score in either was equal to the sum of her scores in both. Since she has 40 points in Fire and 40 points in Water, she would therefore have 80 points to transfer through using the ability.
    The problem I had was that I didn't know Irie had added Enhancer points - I see she has, so all is well. Carry on!

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

And I'm thinking mostly Steamtech for me...

If I was going to play in the new RPG I'd choose Agatha Heterodyne, as my character, only she's already taken.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe