Page 99 of 321 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 4813

Irie did the foreshadowing I was getting around to.

Hooray.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Irie did the foreshadowing I was getting around to.

Hooray.
    Um... sorry?

You could ignore it, if you want.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    Um... sorry?

You could ignore it, if you want.
    No it actually works out rather well, the way it's worded in the post.

The hooray was genuine.

As an inverse complement to Gestalt Mind, I was just thinking of a power called "Shared Ascension" where Rivia uses the Gestalt to link everyone together to give them free access to each others powers for a short time.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As an inverse complement to Gestalt Mind, I was just thinking of a power called "Shared Ascension" where Rivia uses the Gestalt to link everyone together to give them free access to each others powers for a short time.
    That'd turn everyone who linked with Cas into jerks :P

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    Corrected that for you.

Because if they start an actual fight, Irie will beat them both to within an inch of their lives.

Then, she will heal them, and beat them to within an inch of their lives again.

And again, over and over, for about half an hour.
    Wait how?

Takeshi and Cas are both way faster than Irie and both have range game as well. They can just zip around her chipping away at her ice armour faster than she can replace it and she's got Durability 1 so she's not soaking even a glancing blow from either of them. The second the armour breaks, she's done.

I mean, I have scrolled through the admittedly verbose power explanations you have and I'm not seeing anything that enhances your speed enough to react to Speed 10 or anything that would stop either of the boys from just chipping away at your armour with higher speed and better range game.

Feel free to correct me if I missed something, it's possible, you have very dense power descriptions.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 12-31-2012 at 04:11 AM.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    That'd turn everyone who linked with Cas into jerks :P
    POWERFUL Jerks!

Multiply that several fold and what's greater than a single Jerk? Shame Elewa could never be apart of something like this, can you imagine?
    Last edited by Tami; 12-31-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Do you think Cleric would allow it? Would anyone have an issue with it?

Do you think Cleric would allow it? Would anyone have an issue with it?
    I think sharing between the 15 of us might be too much. Also, it's similar to Mack's West Wind power.

But otherwise, fun!

Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphaba View Post
    I think sharing between the 15 of us might be too much. Also, it's similar to Mack's West Wind power.

But otherwise, fun!
    Just checked it out. Yeah, similar yet different. Being part of the Gestalt means that more can be done with the powers, as well as providing a psychic link and shared innate understanding of how each power works.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Steamline Chronicles update on abilities:

Magic: The classical control and manipulation of the elements and the aether. Fire, water, earth, wood, plant, ice, air, wind, lightning, metal and aether. It is the most versatile of the powers, and covers the broadest set of possibilities, plus it is the most common of the powers that exist in the Steamline Chronicles. Powerlevel wise, a 100 in magic (or in any of the powers) is a large building buster at the absolute most. Nothing beyond that.

Aether is the manipulation of the unseen forces. These are the ones that aid in transmutation, illusions, healing, etc.....

While magic seems very powerful, it has disadvantages. It must be done with gestures, and sometimes words or phrases, plus there is a build up. Magic generally is not instantaneous.

Psychic: The rarest and most dangerous of the three powers, it covers mind control, empathy, post and pre cognition, levitation, telekinesis, and other kinesis based powers. It is the rarest ability of the three, but due to the nature of it (all mental), it is the hardest to defend against and the hardest to train and establish.

However, despite its power, its main disadvantage is that it requires focus and thus, psychic assualts can be broken easily if the person using the power isn't exteremly focused.

Ki/Chi: The middle-ground power. Not common, not rare. Ki is the manipulation of the life force within oneself. This can be manifested in the form of energy blasts, limited flight, physical enhancement, better regeneration, etc...pretty much what yo usee in all those martial arts movies.

Ki/Chi exists in all living things, and all living things can learn to manifest ki/chi through training and hardwork. By this, that means ki/chi is the most useful as all have the potential to do it, though only those who train for it can achieve it.

Steamtech: The cutting-edge tech of the era. This covers weaponry of a tech-based kind, prostetic limbs (similiar to FullMetal Alchemist level prostetics), and anything else of this sort. I'm fairly lentient when it comes to how you want to create/base your tech so you have some freedom.

If any questions are had, feel free to ask.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Oh wow, I can create Evil Steampunk Claude with a tophat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post

Magic: The classical control and manipulation of the elements and the aether. Fire, water, earth, wood, plant, ice, air, wind, lightning, metal and aether. It is the most versatile of the powers, and covers the broadest set of possibilities, plus it is the most common of the powers that exist in the Steamline Chronicles. Powerlevel wise, a 100 in magic (or in any of the powers) is a large building buster at the absolute most. Nothing beyond that.

Aether is the manipulation of the unseen forces. These are the ones that aid in transmutation, illusions, healing, etc.....

While magic seems very powerful, it has disadvantages. It must be done with gestures, and sometimes words or phrases, plus there is a build up. Magic generally is not instantaneous.

Psychic: The rarest and most dangerous of the three powers, it covers mind control, empathy, post and pre cognition, levitation, telekinesis, and other kinesis based powers. It is the rarest ability of the three, but due to the nature of it (all mental), it is the hardest to defend against and the hardest to train and establish.

However, despite its power, its main disadvantage is that it requires focus and thus, psychic assualts can be broken easily if the person using the power isn't exteremly focused.

Ki/Chi: The middle-ground power. Not common, not rare. Ki is the manipulation of the life force within oneself. This can be manifested in the form of energy blasts, limited flight, physical enhancement, better regeneration, etc...pretty much what yo usee in all those martial arts movies.

Ki/Chi exists in all living things, and all living things can learn to manifest ki/chi through training and hardwork. By this, that means ki/chi is the most useful as all have the potential to do it, though only those who train for it can achieve it.

Steamtech: The cutting-edge tech of the era. This covers weaponry of a tech-based kind, prostetic limbs (similiar to FullMetal Alchemist level prostetics), and anything else of this sort. I'm fairly lentient when it comes to how you want to create/base your tech so you have some freedom.

You speak of commonality - but how common is it for people to have abilities of any sort?

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Where would kinetic energy manipulation fall under? Magic, Ki, or psychic?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post

Tempting, I'm not supposed to do any more RPGs for a while, Real Life Issues and all.

Funny how Jim Butcher is also starting to write a new series of novels involving the SteamPunk Genre. What an amazing co-incidence.
    Last edited by Tami; 12-31-2012 at 06:53 AM.